Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

70s music!

[Pi...]

This thread wouldn't be complete without

8) 

His number one song in Canada in 1974. This song charted to number 3 in the US, number 14 in Australia and in the UK.

;D Good ol Spiders and snakes...cant go a day without popping this one in the ol player. Ummm, actually, I've never heard this before, but it is funny. 8)

• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [be...]

• [pe...]

• [ba...]

• [sn...]

Top Posters In This Topic

8) 

His number one song in Canada in 1974. This song charted to number 3 in the US, number 14 in Australia and in the UK.

;D Good ol Spiders and snakes...cant go a day without popping this one in the ol player. Ummm, actually, I've never heard this before, but it is funny. 8)

Snoball...what country are you from??!!  How could you have never heard of Spiders and Snakes?  :o

8) 

Snoball...what country are you from??!!  How could you have never heard of Spiders and Snakes?  :o

Pd,  Dear sweet lady, I'm from Mars. :D;D:laugh:

Spiders and Snakes, I remember what an odd song that was when it came out back then.  Very unusual.  But, that's why the seventies were good, the radio would play all different varieties of songs, so it all didn't sound the same.  I think alot of original sound came out in the decade.  I remember the Supremes too, and Dionne Warwick. 

Hey, what about the Bee Gees? I'm not an Aussie, but I loved them. Still do.

And Air Supply?

Okatz

Bee Gees and Air Supply...Those ladies sure could sing. :)

Hey, what about the Bee Gees? I'm not an Aussie, but I loved them. Still do.

And Air Supply?

Okatz

Bee Gees and Air Supply...Those ladies sure could sing. :)

YES! ;D

AMERICAN TRILOGY...ELVIS PRESLEY

One of my BFF was a girlfriend of Elvis' during 1975. Her name was JoCathy Brownlee and she was from a small town in the Mississippi delta. He gave her a car and several peices of TCB jewlery. He was a very sweet man!!!  :smitten:

Molly Hatchet . . . . Dreams.  Thats a sharp contrast from what my avitar may suggest I like.

Oh that takes me back! I remember Molly Hatchet.

Mott the Hoople and Atomic Rooster too! :thumbsup:

AMERICAN TRILOGY...ELVIS PRESLEY

One of my BFF was a girlfriend of Elvis' during 1975. Her name was JoCathy Brownlee and she was from a small town in the Mississippi delta. He gave her a car and several peices of TCB jewlery. He was a very sweet man!!!  :smitten:

I was listening to Shirely McClaine on Coast to Coast the other night and she knew Elvis and said the same thing, that he was a very sweet guy.  What is TCB jewelry? 

I love that song, perfect daughter. It's one of those songs that make me sit back, close my eyes, and soak it up. Here's another one that makes me feel that way ... only moreso:

And when you have some time to kill, check this out. It's amazing what people can do when they believe in something and, more importantly, when they believe in each other:

http://music.yahoo.com/blogs/amplifier/5000-residents-of-dying-city-lip-dub-song-about-day-the-music-died.html

Single camera, single take. Truly spectacular.

koko

koko,

Those are both awesome songs.  I haven't heard Moondance forever...I love it...definitely a feel-good tune!  And the story about Grand Rapids, MI is amazing.

PD

Those Were The Days...Archie and Edith Bunker

My Dad was Archie Bunker made over...and I miss him during the holidays!

One Thanksgiving day, my 2 young boys ( 8 and 9) were complianing about the food. My Dad over heard them and stood up at the table and said:

EAT YOUR BEANS...THEY'LL PUT LEAD IN YOUR PENCIL!!!

Of course my mother was appalled :nono: and I just LMAO :2funny: To this day they tell this story!!!