Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

70s music!

[Pi...]

The 70's.....Kris Kristopherson...A STAR IS BORN with Barbara Streisand...Take the ribbon from your hair, Silver Tongue devil and I, Jesus was a Capricorn, Sunday morning coming down, Border Lord....

One of the greatest songwriters of the times..IMHO

• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [be...]

• [pe...]

• [ba...]

• [sn...]

Top Posters In This Topic

So many awesome performers.....THREE DOG NIGHT, BOSTON, JOURNEY, URIAH HEEP, CAT STEVENS, JIM CROCE, HALL & OATES, DAN FOGELBERG, DEEP PURPLE, LED ZEPPELIN, HEART, BREAD.....

:smitten:

And I can't remember what day it is sometimes, being off work and milling around.  There have been quite a few remakes of JC Superstar.  Andrew Lloyd Weber did one too as a play, I believe, I have here at home, which was good.

Andrew Lloyd Webber wrote the music for the original rock opera. It hit Broadway in 1971. (I looked it up, because I was curious) I didn't realize how popular this play was and how many times since then that it has been done over the years. And, still is!!

The movie I saw as a kid was done in 1973. With Ted Neeley. And, I just found that it is on netflix!! I may have to watch it.

Well, just a little info for everyone. I learned something new today. Always a good thing!!  ;D

Denise

Foghat, Fleetwood Mac, Creedence, Zeppelin, Deep Purple, Boston, Steppenwolfe, Clapton, Van Morrisson,  Black Sabbath, REO Speedwagon, AC/DC, Heart, Aerosmith, The Eagles, Lynyrd, Skynyrd, Journey, Bachman Turner Overdrive, Kansas, Bad Company, Electric Light Orchestra, Foreigner, Grand Funk Railroad, Pat Benetar, Queen, Rod Stewart

70s and early 80s whats not to love!

My first concert I ever attended in the 70's was Aerosmith backed up by REO Speedwagon who were just coming on the scene.  I thought REO was better than Aerosmith.  They opened with Riding the Storm Out, their new release then.  Their first album is the best, IMO.  Boston's classic first album is very good.  I heard that band is a one-man band playing all the instruments in his basement.  Kansas, their Masque album was very good.

My first concert was in a small Mississippi town...1971...The Ike and Tina Turner Review. Tina came over and asked "honey what are you doing here?" replied "honey, I love your music!"  :) PROUD MARY, NUTBUSH CITY LIMITS, WHAT'S LOVE GOT TO DO WITH IT, BETTER BE GOOD TO ME, GOLDEN EYE, PRIVATE DANCER, WE DON'T NEED ANOTHER HERO....

• 2 weeks later...

Love ya snoball!  ;)

How about some country rock?!

Pure Prairie League - Amie

PD

I ran around with a band in the early 80's called Chicken Clark's Roadapple Rodeo.  They played with Pure Prairie League a few times and I got to meet PPL band members a few times backstage.  Amie a good song.  They had some other good ones, but I can't remember them.

Love ya snoball!  ;)

How about some country rock?!

Pure Prairie League - Amie

PD

I ran around with a band in the early 80's called Chicken Clark's Roadapple Rodeo.  They played with Pure Prairie League a few times and I got to meet PPL band members a few times backstage.  Amie a good song.  They had some other good ones, but I can't remember them.

Very cool. :thumbsup:8)

What ever happened to  BLACK OAK ARKANSAS ?  JIM DANDY

I believe they're touring right now Bird. I love Jim Dandy with Ruby Starr.

What made you think of them? Dandy? Lol.

What ever happened to  BLACK OAK ARKANSAS ?  JIM DANDY

I believe they're touring right now Bird. I love Jim Dandy with Ruby Starr.

What made you think of them? Dandy? Lol.

Intrusive thoughts can be very nostalgic ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqRR3qLNAYY&list=RD02hVqBpx5nlQE

That's a classic, thanks Bird. I just loved Ruby Starr.

RIP Ruby, forever may your star shine. :smitten:

• 2 weeks later...

This thread wouldn't be complete without

8) 

His number one song in Canada in 1974. This song charted to number 3 in the US, number 14 in Australia and in the UK.