Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

70s music!

[Pi...]

i heard this GREAT song earlier today in my car i really liked its not quite '70s music its from 1980 close enough eh? some reo speedwagon - keep on loving you!

LOl, I heard that same song today in my car. I cranked it.  8)

• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [be...]

• [pe...]

• [ba...]

• [sn...]

Top Posters In This Topic

hi joey your avatar reminded me of what  i saw earlier on another message board i ateend i told someone what i cooked today they posted this picture on there in their reply

http://i845.photobucket.com/albums/ab13/nanananabooobooo/belly_zpsy01mmwlt.jpg

hi joey your avatar reminded me of what  i saw earlier on another message board i ateend i told someone what i cooked today they posted this picture on there in their reply

http://i845.photobucket.com/albums/ab13/nanananabooobooo/belly_zpsy01mmwlt.jpg

Ha ha That's me Katie.  ;D

REO Speedwagon's first album, with Riding the Storm Out, is their best album.  Check it out.  The first concert I ever went to was Aerosmith and REO Speedwagon.  REO blew Aerosmith away, IMO.  I liked them more.  REO is very good.  I do like Aerosmith, though and had all their four early albums.   

I can't forget Jethro Tull, either.  Minstrel in the Gallery and Thick as a Brick, were two of my favorite albums of theirs.  Aqualung was good too.

I can't forget Jethro Tull, either.  Minstrel in the Gallery and Thick as a Brick, were two of my favorite albums of theirs.  Aqualung was good too.

I love Tull Aqualung!  It's very complex music to play and as "HEAVY" as Tommy was ;D      I remember sitting around the record player with all my friends and decoding all the hidden meanings and hidden messages in the lyric's of that music.  I also loved all the rock opera's of that era too :thumbsup:  Now a days without all the censorship people just say what's on their minds these days and I do not find it as clever as the old music.  Chris Cornel still likes writing lyrics that need careful interpretation in order to understand them and I really enjoy that ;)

This world changed so much in the last 30 years! I remember when the Yellow brick road album came out the biggest conspiracy theory was that Elton John could possibly be a gay  :laugh:  The whole world was still in "the closet" back in the 70's.  Yeah, the world changed 8)

Any one like Terry Reid?  I love this acoustic version of Treated Right!  Flawless! :thumbsup:

Another bunch of hidden meaning in lyrics is Blue Oyster Cult.  Secret Treaties, their first album was the best.  They were a strange band from NYC, but made good music. 

Another bunch of hidden meaning in lyrics is Blue Oyster Cult.  Secret Treaties, their first album was the best.  They were a strange band from NYC, but made good music.

I love those guys.  :thumbsup: Another strange band from NY. The Ramones

Silver Springs~~Stevie Nicks/Fleetwood Mac

I love those guys.  :thumbsup: Another strange band from NY. The Ramones

Silver Springs~~Stevie Nicks/Fleetwood Mac

The Ramones  really jam  Benzo girl  :thumbsup:

hii birdman you certainly got thta right being xanax free for 13 1/2 months my brain is still healing so yup i really am taking the long way home alright !  :laugh:

• 3 weeks later...

Lots of people think only Paul and John had a great career after the breakup of The Beatles. But George had 100 song already written when they broke up. He also learned to master 26 instruments. The only Beatle with a music education. But John and Paul nixed many of his songs. Too bad, There are great ones out there.

My Sweet Lord.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kNGnIKUdMI

im listning to this awesome song right now some gordon lightfoot from 1976

The lyrics were very cool but sad  :'(

that seems like a real story thta boat accident did it really happen?