Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

70s music!

[Pi...]

Just heard another that brought up some memories. And, noooo, I am not gonna tell what they were!!  :D

Exile: Wanna Kiss You All Over

Denise (blush)

• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [be...]

• [pe...]

• [ba...]

• [sn...]

Top Posters In This Topic

KISS, Foreigner, Triumph, Boston, MSG, Iron Maiden, oh and I cant forget Air Supply :laugh:

Go Snoball!!  WOWWHO!  I don't like MSG however, it gives me glutamate headaches  :sick:

;D bye,,,,,,,,,,,  rev on the red light,,,,, nanana!  :-*

KISS, Foreigner, Triumph, Boston, MSG, Iron Maiden, oh and I cant forget Air Supply :laugh:

Go Snoball!!  WOWWHO!  I don't like MSG however, it gives me glutamate headaches  :sick:

;D bye,,,,,,,,,,,  rev on the red light,,,,, nanana!  :-*

MSG Michael Shenker Group, silly girl :D Michael Shenker, one of the better guitarists IMO, the brother of lead guitarist Rudolph Shenker from the Scorpions...another great band. Songs like, Still loving you, Big city nights, No one like you and many others. 8)

Good singing, by the way Birdie. Your voice is as beautiful as your little mermaid avatar. :D:laugh:

Here's one for a laugh!!!

SHAUN CASSIDY!!!

"Hey Deanie" "Da Doo Ron Ron" "That's Rock 'n' Roll" "Do You Believe in Magic"

Wow!! Now there's some memories. I was about 10 yrs old and had such a HUGE crush on him. I actually still have his albums!! Yes, albums!!

How funny!!

Denise

Denise

Shaun Cassidy was a big hit with the ladies or was that his brother David from the Partridge Family? :idiot::)

David was the bigger hit!! But, I never watched that show. Shaun was my man!!  :laugh:

Shaun also played on he Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew show.

Denise

I used to read those Hardy boys books when I was really young. I still remember them...kinda :)

Yeah, I read a few of them, too. Don't really remember them, but I remember the pictures on the front of the book. Does that count???

Denise

Nancy Drew mystery novels, I had the whole collection.  I loved the Partridge Family and David Cassidy and Donny Osmond.  The song, Chevy Van, by. . .  can't remember, had a nice sound to it, though it's just about getting picked up and a one night stand thing, not for me.

I used to read those Hardy boys books when I was really young. I still remember them...kinda :)

Yeah, I read a few of them, too. Don't really remember them, but I remember the pictures on the front of the book. Does that count???

Denise

Do pictures count? I say so. A picture is worth a thousand words, so...That's reading! ;D

Nancy Drew mystery novels, I had the whole collection.  I loved the Partridge Family and David Cassidy and Donny Osmond.  The song, Chevy Van, by. . .  can't remember, had a nice sound to it, though it's just about getting picked up and a one night stand thing, not for me.

I used to wish I had a bus like the one in Partridge family, when I was little. I always thought that would be so cool. :)

I used to wish I had a bus like the one in Partridge family, when I was little. I always thought that would be so cool. :)

I wanted the Scooby Doo van!!

Denise

Ummm, I don't think Elton John has been mentioned yet.

And, what about Andrew Gold..."Oh, What a Lonely Boy"? Anyone remember that one?? Look it up, it will bring back memories.

Also, does anyone remember the movie "Jesus Christ Superstar"? With Ted Neeley??? That really brings back some memories. I was six yrs old and my mom took me to the drive in theater to see it. She then played the 8 track tape for months!!!

Denise

Wow this is a great thread....

The Carpenters...For All We Know, A SONG FOR YOU, RAINY DAY AND MONDAYS......Loved the 70s! :smitten:

The Carpenters have a greatest hits album that's really good, the one with the white cover.

And, what about Andrew Gold..."Oh, What a Lonely Boy"? Anyone remember that one?? Look it up, it will bring back memories.

Also, does anyone remember the movie "Jesus Christ Superstar"? With Ted Neeley??? That really brings back some memories. I was six yrs old and my mom took me to the drive in theater to see it. She then played the 8 track tape for months!!!

Denise

I remember when that album came out.  It had a brown thin booklet with all the words to the songs.  It was unusual to get an insert that had all the lyrics to the music back then.  That's back when we had only the 45's and 33  big vinyl albums that would warp if you left them in a sunny hot place.

Wow this is a great thread....

The Carpenters...For All We Know, A SONG FOR YOU, RAINY DAY AND MONDAYS......Loved the 70s! :smitten:

The Carpenters have a greatest hits album that's really good, the one with the white cover.

I have that album...it is "CARPENTERS" an answer to the Beatles white album.

Bridge Over Troubled Water - Simon & Garfunkel

I'll admit it, I never was a Beatles fan, except for a few songs.  I found their music just mediocre.  They've played it relentlessly for decades and I'm so sick of it.

Denise

I remember when that album came out.  It had a brown thin booklet with all the words to the songs.  It was unusual to get an insert that had all the lyrics to the music back then.  That's back when we had only the 45's and 33  big vinyl albums that would warp if you left them in a sunny hot place.

Wow!! Nothing wrong with your memory!!  :laugh:

I was only six, so I don't remember what the album looked like. But, I do remember the movie. And, my mom playing the soundtrack over and over.  :)

It's hard to find people that even saw the movie, or heard the soundtrack. I don't know how popular it was then.

Denise

Denise

Wow!! Nothing wrong with your memory!:laugh:

I was only six, so I don't remember what the album looked like. But, I do remember the movie. And, my mom playing the soundtrack over and over.  :)

It's hard to find people that even saw the movie, or heard the soundtrack. I don't know how popular it was then.

Denise

I can remember the 70's just fine, I just do not remember what I had for dinner last night or what I did a week ago  ;D

Denise

Wow!! Nothing wrong with your memory!:laugh:

Denise

I can remember the 70's just fine, I just do not remember what I had for dinner last night or what I did a week ago  ;D

Ha Ha Ha!! You and me both, sister!!!  :laugh:

Denise

And I can't remember what day it is sometimes, being off work and milling around.  There have been quite a few remakes of JC Superstar.  Andrew Lloyd Weber did one too as a play, I believe, I have here at home, which was good. 

and Hair, which was weird.  Godspell, can't remember that one?  I found some old cassette tapes in my room last night and the Pointer Sisters was one of them.  They had a hit album.  My favorite singer when I was a little girl was Lynn Anderson, who sang, Rose Garden.  My dad took me to go see her at a fair, which was great.