Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

70s music!

[Pi...]

• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [be...]

• [pe...]

• [ba...]

• [sn...]

Top Posters In This Topic

BJ!  :smitten: Fanny! Their cover of Badge is killer. Were you a dee j? You know so many great bands/musicians! What did you think of Moxy?

ty 'Teech.' nope. never a DJ. that would have been a great job though. i just always listened to a lot of music growing up. i'm glad that all the best music has already been made so i don't have to listen to all the new garbage. nah,,,never really got into Moxy...i did like Krokus, Artful Dodger and Piper though....

[bf...]

What a follow-up!

Good golly!    That is some powerful music, BJ.     

Can't believe I never listened to that band until now.    TY!

great Jackson Browne posts Insom....great artist...do you know you can pluck any of these songs you like off here and convert them to mp3? i use real player and vidtomp3 is another good one....no crying allowed in 70s rock!!!.....supposed to be a good time!!!!!!

[bf...]

Thank you, BJ.    Love Jackson.     

Ahhh, you are making me laugh.  Actually, it was a good cry, so maybe I didn't break the rules.    ;)

Didn't know that about converting the songs to mp3.    Thank you, thank you. 

Jackson is the reason i became a songwriter. i think pinkee and T2 know the full story of how his

assholism on our 4th meeting broke my heart as he was my hero.

the first 3 meetings were great though and he took my first record and said he would listen to it.

but you never know with Jackson and i didn't believe our mutual friend about that until it happened to me. :(

f-cking whiner :D

Loved JBrowne too, however, he was ugly to Pretty & mean to his then gf, D. Hannah as well. I like his music, him as a person...not so much.

I like this quote from JBrowne's tune that I22 posted..."don't confront me with my failures. I have not forgotten them"...

"Fooled Around & Fell In Love"....Elvin Bishop....with the oh so fabulously-voiced Mickey Thomas doin' vocals.

hi everyone I'm back from the ranch ,

i recently read a story about Marvin Gaye that was terrible how he died at the hands of this father ,

heres  song from him from 1971 it was a song about his oppinion on the Vietnam war called "whats going on"

"don't confront me with my failures. I have not forgotten them"...

T2,

yeah this is one of my favorite lines. i remember my father telling me of this line when i was about 10 years old.

did Marvin Gaye just recently die? i can't keep up with who died and when as my mind is so askew. i know Robin Williams just did. :'(

T2,

yeah this is one of my favorite lines. i remember my father telling me of this line when i was about 10 years old.

did Marvin Gaye just recently die? i can't keep up with who died and when as my mind is so askew. i know Robin Williams just did. :'(

Marvin's been dead about 30 years now...give or take a year. so no, not recently.

T2,

Marvin's been dead about 30 years now...give or take a year. so no, not recently.

that's what i thought. but sometimes with the derealisation symptom and not having any outside news from being house bound makes me you lost track of time and all that's going on in the world. you guys are my only source.

i had the grocery clerk tell me something odd today about America starting to use some 'tanks' that they use in Iraq and how we going to be a communist country at some point. ?? what the hell man?  to quote Marvin "What's Going On?"

i didn't have a clue what she was talking about but America going communist? that's crazy, no?

crazy? not really. my grocery clerks, mr. and mrs. Godsey, told me the other day that John Boy told them he takes regular rides on ufos that fly in and out of walton mountain. so i believe anything.... ;D