Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

70s music!

[Pi...]

Becksblue,

Your name just brought up another one of my favorites: Jeff Beck. Wow, is all I can say about him.  :smitten:

koko

koko, is that you playing guitar?  I can't see a larger pic on my netbook.  I like the Timelife series of 70's songs.  I Go Crazy, disc 1 is a good one.  One of my favorite 70's songs, is Chevy Van.  I also like Charlie Rich, since I'm older now.  I used to run around with a local band in the 80's called Chicken Clark's Roadapple Rodeo.  Now doesn't that sound fun?  Which it was when I was very young with lots of energy to burn.  They played with Pure Prairie League a few times and I got to hang around backstage with them.

• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [be...]

• [pe...]

• [ba...]

• [sn...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Dan Fogelberg, Leader of the Band.  Donnie Osmond and Michael Jackson, when I was a very young girl, the sixties.  Had Donnie posted all over my bedroom walls.

Bread!! Baby I'm-A Want You.

Just heard this on a commercial, and it brought back some memories.

For someone who thought they were not a fan of 70's music, I am having way too much fun with this. :D

I LOVE Bread!!

Oh and Carly Simon (I love ALL her songs), Carole King (I think the Tapestry album was the first one I bought with my own money). ooo ooo ooo and Meatloaf - Bat out of Hell!!  Cat Stevens.... Tea for the Tiller Man. George Harrison and John Lennon – I was never into the Beatles, but I loved the solo stuff of those two.

....oh someone stop me. I'm going to be digging around in all my old dusty LPs on the weekend......

I think the 70s are so fondly remembered because it was a time of just having fun - Girls just wanna have fun..lol.. (Now Cyndi - was she 70s or 80s - can't remember).

The 70s was just all about fun, bright colours, funny fashions, big platform shoes and ABBA. I'm so glad I was born at the right time so that my teenage years were the 70s, and my 20s were during the just as good 80s.

The 70s were about having fun.  Laid back, nobody worried too much about anything.  We also wore elephant pants and three snap peanut pants, silk shirts with swirly patterns.  Vests and shorts sets, collats (sp?),  Mini and maxi skirts.  I can't forget Cat Stevens, though I started listening to him when I was much older.

By the way. I just found that "Saturday Night Fever" is on Netflix. So, if any of y'all are subscribers, you can revisit the 70's tonight and put a little boogie in your step.  ;)

Being in my late 50's I can most definitely relate to the 70's.  Loved the music and the time in general.  Young and more or less care free.  Life seemed so much easier back then.

Love listening to the music on You tube.  Great for viewing recorded concerts during that time period.  Just pick your favorite group and your right back in that time.  It is good for the soul and dealing with what ales us.  Check out Chicago, Beach Boys, Three Dog Night, Boston and my favorite Jeff Lyme and ELO.  Great stuff!!

Love, Love, Love ELO!! I saw them live several times in the 70's and once in the 80's and listen to their Greatest Hits CD all the time, like today at work! Favorite ELO song: I can't name just one. Telephone Line, Living Thing, Mr. Blue Sky and Don't Bring Me Down. Also loved the much hated movie 'Xanadu's ELO driven soundtrack.

I want the 70's back!  :tickedoff:

Although as I remember it now, in the 70's adults were hankering for music and times of the 50's. I guess this is all a natural cycle of life, and typical of aging. Gulp.

OFF TOPIC TO BE SURE-

Maybe this is why I am still up on the site.  I could not believe it when I saw the pic of EWF.  Bittersweet memories.  That was "my music" and more specifically my "happy song" September by EWF.  My ex-husband and I were married, at my suggestion on that date September 21.  We had a glorious outdoor wedding. When we were pronounced Husband and Wife, the music was fired up to "September" and we just stepped off the gazebo, and bust out  move to that song.  No one, but the D.J., knew what was going to happen.  I loved, loved, loved that song. Still too soon to be able to listen to it again.  Divorce final February 14 (I know hideously ironic), 2012.  Am not able to get past issues of "that Hindenburg of a marriage"; too bad only one of us wanted to be be in it (that would be me).  Anyway, in two days, it is going to be pretty hard still....."They" say it gets easier, but not yet for me.  I still do find comfort in the 70's music of my "heyday", but as I said that song was so special to me, I just cannot listen to any EWF yet.

Yet anyother rambling post from a new BB. Thanks for reading. :'(

Just heard "Rock On" by David Essex on the radio. Oh those beautiful dreamy eyes of his.......... :smitten:

Then of course we can't forget about "The Manilow".

Oh and The Carpenters. I always get sad when I think about Karen dying so young.

Snoball, hi :) Elvis had some awesome songs. Suspicious Minds, Kentucky Rain, Don't Cry Daddy, In the Ghetto all come to mind. Thanks for reminding me!

T2

Hi T2 :) Yes, he was one of a kind. ;) Another one of the greatest in his genre..if not the greatest IMO, was Stevie Ray Vaughan. I was gonna comment on your avatar before...very cool 8)

snoball

He Pinkee,did you know that listening to happy music raises your serotonin levels in your brain ? That's why it makes us feel good.70s music was the best music ever !!!!

For anyone who thinks Charlie Rich is an oldtimer. . . A Very Special Love Song is such a beautiful romantic timeless song he sang and it became a hit in the 70's.  I forget his one bigger hit?  Hum?  chime in anyone. 

Yes, Behind Closed Doors and "Hey.  Did you happen to see the most beautiful girl that walked out on me?  And if you did, won't you tell her I'm sorry."  Ok, I'll stop singing.  For other country fans, Gene Watson, was good.  Saw him at outdoor festivals a few times in the summer.  Great Voice.