Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

70s music!

[Pi...]

nice song scott but i have a problem with gays , around a year ago i had a crush on a friend of mine we were friends we talked often after being his friend half a year or so i found out he was gay! it upset me very much

Aww, what a let down. I guess it's better to find out early on. :-\

• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [be...]

• [pe...]

• [ba...]

• [sn...]

Top Posters In This Topic

B-Angel, Careful!! BJ will subject you to listening to L. Reed's "Metal Machine Music(?)! It gave me super tinnitus!! :laugh::crazy:

SH, Have you heard the version of "Don't ...Sun.....Me" by G. Michael & E. John? It's wonderful!

BJ, Y-O-U don't like the Beatles?! Awe! Say it isn't so. :( I like Hendrix but love Clapton! ;) Don't think I turned any heads cruising in my emerald green Gran Torino, unless they heard my 8 Track blaring Bob Seger & Foghat. :laugh:

SB, Did you like the Johnny Cash movie with Joaquin Phoenix & Reece Witherspoon?

38 Special, Marshall Tucker Band, & possibly Molly Hatchet were some good country-rocking bands, IMHO.

you guys aren't gunna believe this but i could never stand hendrix(over rated) the dead (boring) or the beatles (great producer-that's why they sounded good)....sorry...'me bad'.....lol...don't kill me...hehe.

It's all good bro especially with that epic Let It Rock cover. I love that version as well as the one they opened the '78 Texas show with. Can never get enough Stones.

Ur right about George Martin. He was a genius. And with the Dead I'm more of a fan the Dead's mid-late 70's stuff unlike most Deadheads. Hendrix was my first influence so I'll always have a soft spot for him and Carlos Santana and Jimmy Page for being mainly the first three guys I can remember that got me really excited about guitar.

B-Angel, Careful!! BJ will subject you to listening to L. Reed's "Metal Machine Music(?)! It gave me super tinnitus!! :laugh::crazy:

SH, Have you heard the version of "Don't ...Sun.....Me" by G. Michael & E. John? It's wonderful!

BJ, Y-O-U don't like the Beatles?! Awe! Say it isn't so. :( I like Hendrix but love Clapton! ;) Don't think I turned any heads cruising in my emerald green Gran Torino, unless they heard my 8 Track blaring Bob Seger & Foghat. :laugh:

SB, Did you like the Johnny Cash movie with Joaquin Phoenix & Reece Witherspoon?

38 Special, Marshall Tucker Band, & possibly Molly Hatchet were some good country-rocking bands, IMHO.

Hey T2  :) Yeah, I actually thought they did a pretty good job on that...Walk the Line :)

I was gonna mention 38 Special too. Good band. 8)

Ya, Johnny Cash was awesome. 8)

Here's one for you Katie. This car is tailored just for you...Check it out ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6i6g0JLKIw

hi snoball ! nice song i loved the cars in the video too !! :)  :yippee:

i came back home around 1020pm today i was at the ranch a few hours

Hi Baby ;) I figured that car would fit you perfect. :) Big old boat cars and all. >:D

SB, I failed to mention that Little Ol' Band from Texas..............ZZ Top! 8)

Oh yeah, them too. ;) Love those guys.

benzojunkies, you mentioned you liked the Outlaws from the 70s?  Their greatest hits album is the best.

indeed BB......i had all their stuff on vinyl..( moved it to dvd )

hi BJ nice song you posted last "Heading For the Texas Border"  it reminds me of the conflict of 1000s of illigals passing thru there

hi BJ nice song you posted last "Heading For the Texas Border"  it reminds me of the conflict of 1000s of illigals passing thru there

:laugh:

So true though.

Oh! Oh! Queen!!!!  :yippee:

People think I'm weird because I'm such a big Queen fan. Actually, more precisely, a Freddie fan. There has never been a voice like Freddie's. Not in my lifetime, anyway.

my mother is in love with Freddie Mercury. that's all she talks about.

Ntt, Jackson Browne was the reason i became a songwriter. i even put that inside the credits of my first record and got to show him that. T2 know's the rest of that story. :o

in 1993 Ted Neely and Carl Anderson came to the Universal Ampitheatre here in LA and me and my boyfriend wnwt to see 'Superstar" about 3 times, it was so amazing!

i had hippie parents who hung out with people who were in between our ages and they introduced me to music like Jackson Browne, Joni Mitchell, Joan Armatrading, Janis Ian, Laura Nyro, Heart, Fleetwood Mac, The Eagles, etc... and still into all their music today. i also use to love UFO 'cause an old boyfriend loved them. anyone ever hear of them? ELO was a favorite too. to me there still isn't as good of music as there was in the 70's and early 80's. :)

People think I'm weird because I'm such a big Queen fan. Actually, more precisely, a Freddie fan. There has never been a voice like Freddie's. Not in my lifetime, anyway.

Ntt, Jackson Browne was the reason i became a songwriter. i even put that inside the credits of my first record and got to show him that. T2 know's the rest of that story. :o

in 1993 Ted Neely and Carl Anderson came to the Universal Ampitheatre here in LA and me and my boyfriend wnwt to see 'Superstar" about 3 times, it was so amazing!

i had hippie parents who hung out with people who were in between our ages and they introduced me to music like Jackson Browne, Joni Mitchell, Joan Armatrading, Janis Ian, Laura Nyro, Heart, Fleetwood Mac, The Eagles, etc... and still into all their music today. i also use to love UFO 'cause an old boyfriend loved them. anyone ever hear of them? ELO was a favorite too. to me there still isn't as good of music as there was in the 70's and early 80's. :)

Wow I'm in the same sphere. Jackson Browne influenced my writing tremendously. The Pretender and Hold Out in particular are just fascinating still to this day. Fleetwood Mac and The Eagles also impacted me heavily. Don Henley was basically the guy I wanted to try to mimic more than anyone else when I started singing at like 16. Hotel California itself lent me a great deal of vocal, guitar, and lyrical wisdom. Fleetwood Mac - Stevie Nicks just kills me. If I could sing harmony with anyone in the world, it's her. Hands down my favorite female singer. I've got this weird fascination lately where I take the song "Beautiful Child" from Tusk and I run it through VLC because I like to speed up the song a little and it blows me away.

Wow I'm in the same sphere. Jackson Browne influenced my writing tremendously. The Pretender and Hold Out in particular are just fascinating still to this day. Fleetwood Mac and The Eagles also impacted me heavily. Don Henley was basically the guy I wanted to try to mimic more than anyone else when I started singing at like 16. Hotel California itself lent me a great deal of vocal, guitar, and lyrical wisdom. Fleetwood Mac - Stevie Nicks just kills me. If I could sing harmony with anyone in the world, it's her. Hands down my favorite female singer. I've got this weird fascination lately where I take the song "Beautiful Child" from Tusk and I run it through VLC because I like to speed up the song a little and it blows me away.

i use to sing and play "Beautiful Child" all the time. also "Sara" and "Silversprings". i had an old boyfriend who was a drummer who wanted to be just like Don Henley. David Geffen use to call him "Golden Throat"  :laugh:

my 3 favorite Jackson records will always be Late For The Sky, The Pretender and I'm Alive!

Pink Floyd, Pink Floyd and a little Pink Floyd thrown in for good measure. Oh and of course, some Moody Blues as well...among lots of others!!