Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

70s music!

[Pi...]

jim croce was definitely one cool dude. as i listened to the song i saw ''leroy brown'' listed which made me think of this 70s tune....

• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [be...]

• [pe...]

• [ba...]

• [sn...]

Top Posters In This Topic

i remember triumph...they must not have done too well in the royalty department cause i saw the guitarist on Pawn Stars trying to sell one of his guitars...snoball, i can't read one of your posts without doing the hank hill accent in my head....how's pegleg?

Cool site Katie. I think I will try that out too. :thumbsup:

Benzojunkie...He's a star, and he's pawning...makes sense. ;D

Cool music guys and gals. 8)

Oh and Peggy is Jim Dandy. :D

Black Oak Arkansas. Didn't they do "Jim Dandy to the Rescue?" Luved it!

BabyA, Snoball, & BJ, great tunes & memories associated with them! I wasn't using benzos back then either. Life was good!

Jim Croce died far too soon. My favorites from him are: "New York's Not My Home," "Operator," "I've Got A Name."

Triumph. Yes! Very underrated. Rik Emmett, fantastic guitarist & vocalist supreme. "Lay It On The Line" is just awesome! Also, "Fight The Good Fight."

Humble Pie, another most underrated band. Thanx for reminding me. Must find my lps & re-listen!

Boston. Phenomenal! Their new singer is a newbie, but he's fabulous. Rest in Peace, Brad Delp. How we wish he'd given life another chance. Such a fine vocalist.

teacher2 , can you share with me if you had a car from the 7Os what kind it was ?? im fond of old old cars from that decade

My parents got it for me, used, after I graduated college. 8) It was the nicest gift ever & totally unexpected.

i bet you turned a lot of heads cruisin' up and down main street.....

hi bj nice song you shared with us !,sometimes i like to listen to old songs that are NOT digital cd quality as if it was coming from a vinyl record it sounds different to me , sounding that way makes a old song sound better to me ! :)if i cant find the vinyl version of it i turn down the treble on the equalizer  to sound similar to that

excellent BA,,,,it's refreshing to hear that people ( especially younger fans ) enjoy good old fashion vinyl as opposed to mp3s. records just sound so much better. when i was your age i had about 1000 albums with a decent stereo..marantz amp-dual turntable/stanton cartridge/infinity speakers..those were the days...

hi bj nice song you shared with us !,sometimes i like to listen to old songs that are NOT digital cd quality as if it was coming from a vinyl record it sounds different to me , sounding that way makes a old song sound better to me ! :)if i cant find the vinyl version of it i turn down the treble on the equalizer  to sound similar to that

We are a dying breed. It's hard being an audiophile these days. I've got hundreds of vinyl album rips. They have the warmth, detail and clarity missing from the modern formats, not to mention better production. I like some stuff from the 80s but that's basically when production died and never came back.

nice song scott but i have a problem with gays , around a year ago i had a crush on a friend of mine we were friends we talked often after being his friend half a year or so i found out he was gay! it upset me very much

nice song scott but i have a problem with gays , around a year ago i had a crush on a friend of mine we were friends we talked often after being his friend half a year or so i found out he was gay! it upset me very much

ah, sorry to hear that. kind of fucked up.

you guys aren't gunna believe this but i could never stand hendrix(over rated) the dead (boring) or the beatles (great producer-that's why they sounded good)....sorry...'me bad'.....lol...don't kill me...hehe.

BJ i have a strange request !! are you fond of any country music from the 70s ? mom likes a radio statio that plays alot of "country gold" i like one song i hear on tv often its a insurance commercial and a OLD country singer sings a song during the commercial :P

sorry BA, i do not like country music. and the only 3 70s country rock bands i like are black oak arkansas, the outlaws and skynyrd.. i do like johnny cash though. johnny was great....