Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

70s music!

[Pi...]

Perfect daughter if you were around in the 70s what kind of car did you have then? i'm fascinated by cars from that era even those huge GIANT cars from then that can seat 20 people inside !!  :yippee:

Hey babyangel, you look really beautiful in your new avatar. :thumbsup: I graduated from high school in 1981, but I didn't have my own car.  When I was in high school my parents had a 1977 Ford Mercury station wagon.  It was awesome!  Whenever we went on vacation or to the drive-in movie theater my sisters and I got to hang out in the back.  If you lifted up the floor in the back, there were even little seats inside.  Drive-in movie theaters are another thing I loved from the 70's!  Nothing like making out with your boyfriend at the drive-in!  ;)  So yes, now you know I'm old because I was around in the 70's!  8)

PD

P.S.  This looks quite a bit like our 77 Mercury station wagon... http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-IHVV5Ihxens/Ty7XvtjnyeI/AAAAAAAAOP8/FnpBgZjk_ZQ/s1600/1976-Mercury-Bobcat-Villager-2-Door-Station-Wagon-rebadged-Ford-Pinto-4-speed-manual-transmission-selectshift-cruise-o-matic-Mustang-II-6.jpg

• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [be...]

• [pe...]

• [ba...]

• [sn...]

Top Posters In This Topic

of course the 70's wouldn't be the 70's without these guys!

cool benzojunkie, never heard of them before.

I hadn't heard of them before either.  How in the world did I miss the Groundhogs?!  :laugh:  Seriously though, they have a good sound.

hi Pd,  that mustve been a comfortable car traveling in that station wagon you had in those years  :) nice song too

On some MP3s of old 70s music i have some versions that were originally from a LP vinyl record, i actually like that version more than a high definition version i like to listen to a song how it sounded to someone listening to it 40 years ago !!

I agree babyangel! :thumbsup:  Makes it more nostalgic I think.

hiya PD....yup, black oak (u.s) and the groundhogs (u.k.) were just two of countless 70's bands who didn't really care about fame (both are still performing with diff lineups) and were in it for ''the music.'' the 70's was the greatest time musically, wasn't it? here are a couple of other musically gifted bands from that era few people know about...

Hey benzojunkie!  Wow, I had no idea there were so many little known 70's bands!  Thanks so much for sharing.  I especially liked "Tasty".  It has a 'jazzy' feel to it.  I agree, the 70's had some of the best music!  I'm curious, how did you come to know all these bands?

PD

Hey benzojunkie!  Wow, I had no idea there were so many little known 70's bands!  Thanks so much for sharing.  I especially liked "Tasty".  It has a 'jazzy' feel to it.  I agree, the 70's had some of the best music!  I'm curious, how did you come to know all these bands?

PD

in nyc at the time there were a lot of fm stations that played all this ''good stuff.'' plus we would hit all kinds of obscure record stores every saturday rummaging through the bins for anything that looked good. plus all those ''funny'' weeds! usually anything from the u.k and germany was great music. not to mention all the clubs in manhattan. nobody checked ID back then!

Hey Adam, is that a picture of your tattoo?  What does it say?

Slow Ride- Foghat

I like that song too PD ! the long version is awesome!

PD, i see you're from the midwest.....here's another little known but great band from the 70's......from the midwest.....

hi benzojunkie, remember Marc Bolan ?.....T Rex . :)

oh, hell yeah Morreweg.....i love T-Rex.....i bought electric warrior the first day it came out thinking it was gunna be one heavy l.p. judging by the album cover..i was disappointed with it at first but gave it a few more listens. eventually became one of my top 20 records!...........i always like donovan too.

hi benzojunkie, remember Marc Bolan ?.....T Rex . :)

oh, hell yeah Morreweg.....i love T-Rex.....i bought electric warrior the first day it came out thinking it was gunna be one heavy l.p. judging by the album cover..i was disappointed with it at first but gave it a few more listens. eventually became one of my top 20 records!...........i always like donovan too.

:thumbsup:8)

here's another 70's gem...from ireland.......some rock critics think this could be the most 'perfect' rock tune ever made. ( not me...''jumpin' jack flash'' imo )..... but this is still a killer tune none the less.......

Hey Adam, is that a picture of your tattoo?  What does it say?

Slow Ride- Foghat

Ranger 2nd Bn (battalion)

75 in roman numerals for the 75th Ranger Regiment

Si vis pacem, para bellum "If you want peace, prepare for war"

Bad Muthers

Boston- More than A Feeling

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSR6ZzjDZ94

Very cool Adam!  :thumbsup:  Thanks for sharing that Boston tune...you know I love 'em!  Here's a special Boston song for Independence Day...

Boston — "Star Spangled Banner / 4th of July Reprise"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmV6yfVsKzM&feature=kp

PD, i see you're from the midwest.....here's another little known but great band from the 70's......from the midwest.....

Hey benzojuckie, I really like the sound of this tune!  Must be because they're from the Midwest, like me.  ;)

this one too PD........i'm sure you've had a ''714'' or two in your day!

This one's pretty good too.  I have to admit, I was shocked at first that you were insinuating that I'm an illegal drug user.  Then when I looked into it a little more, I realized that "714" refers to qualudes, which includes benzos! >:D

So you grew up in New York City in the 70's?  That must have been a very exciting time!  When did you graduate from high school?  I visited New York once in 2004.  It is a fun place to visit, that's for sure!  We stayed in a hotel across from the twin tower site in Manhattan.  I didn't go to any clubs though; I was with my 14 year-old daughter.  We did have a taxi driver ask us if we would like to go to a party with him.  Of course, we declined.  And learning my way around the subways...that was exciting too!  Just such a different culture than where I grew up.  I would love to go back again someday. 

PD

hi PD.....yep, it was a reference to quaaludes (obtained from a licensed dr.'s official white prescription pad of course) and NOT illegal drug consumption. :angel: ....i think i graduated high school and i'm pretty sure it was 1975...yes, growing up in brooklyn was great. all kinds of mischief to get into. ( save specifics for another time!)...moved back briefly in 2004 and drove a taxi part-time for awhile...was that you and your daughter??..it's funny; living in new hampshire now i can still often get lost driving around. too wide open for me. but put me on a subway train and i can easily get anywhere in a city of 8 million. oh, i just happen to know a couple of 70's subway tunes!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7HqksuytFA

moved back briefly in 2004 and drove a taxi part-time for awhile...was that you and your daughter??

That's too funny!  Wouldn't that be great if we really did meet back in 2004?!  Did you try to take two hot ladies to a party? ;)  Man, you really know your music, that's for sure.  How in the world did you come up with 2 subway songs?  That's great!  I would love to hear about all your mischief sometime.  >:D

OK...here's another great 70's tune for ya'll...

The Boys are Back in Town - Thin Lizzy (1976)

hi PD....great tunage....you can never go wrong with BTO or Thin Lizzy! ever hear the 'supersuckers''' version of 'the cowboy song?'...it's pretty good. did i ever 'try' and bring two hot ladies to a party? try?? this junkie doesn't 'try.' he just 'do!'....hehe. but then i got married.... :D...( i always did think Meryl Streep was hot and you DO have a 'Streep-ish' look about you... :-[)....lol.....anyway, here is another blast from the past...

Thanks benzojunkie!  You always come up with a song with the theme of the day...Cars and Girls...taxis and hot ladies that is!  ;)  No, I don't think I've ever heard the 'Supersuckers' version of "The Cowboy Song".

Ummmm...the reason I look like Meryl Streep is because that WAS a picture of Meryl Streep. ;D  That was a picture of her as Francesca Johnson in The Bridges of Madison County.  Have you ever seen that movie?  Just for fun, I put up my real picture.  Do you still think I look like Meryl?  8)

Another 70's tune... The Rolling Stones - Miss You   

PD

wow...Meryl ain't got nuthin' on YOU mizz PD!...and then you put up a stones tune (my favorite band of all time) with a nyc (my favorite city of all time) theme...you are a woman after my own heart :smitten: