Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

70s music!

[Pi...]

I just got 1/2hr off wonderful positive feelings. I have been listening to 70 s music. Wow..it bought back some memories that made me feel like I can get better.  I will get better... We all will get better!!!  Hugs on the house! Pinkee

• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [be...]

• [pe...]

• [ba...]

• [sn...]

Top Posters In This Topic

70s music - now you're talking my kinda language. I was a 70s rock chick (Suzie Quatro, Kiss, Pat Benatar, Blondie, Alice Cooper, Heart...lol...). The early 80s were good too.

:laugh:I just ordered "Lost in the 70's" from Amazon 2 days ago - I can't wait to get that CD! It's great how certain music can just take us to the moon and back.  ;D

M.  :)

Oh how could I forget the Bee Gees!!!! Shame on me. They got their initial start in my home town of Brisbane Australia (in a place called Redcliffe actually). We don't care that they were actually born in the UK. They will always be Brisbane Boys as far as we are concerned. So sad that Barry is the only one left now.

Okay, this is odd, because I am not a huge fan of 70's music. BUT, it has been kind of weird that I have been enjoying it more in the past month.

The song "Shake Your Booty" has been in my head all day!! When I was in the sixth grade, I was a pom pom girl, and we had a dance routine to this song.

Crazy memories!!  :)

Okay, this is odd, because I am not a huge fan of 70's music. BUT, it has been kind of weird that I have been enjoying it more in the past month.

The song "Shake Your Booty" has been in my head all day!! When I was in the sixth grade, I was a pom pom girl, and we had a dance routine to this song.

You are no doubt moving to a higher level of existence.

You are no doubt moving to a higher level of existence.

Ha Ha Ha!! No doubt. Actually, I did forget that Queen is my all time favorite band. Sooo, I guess I am a bigger fan of the 70's than I thought.  :)

This is from "One Night Only" The Bee Gees performing an acoustic version of 'Nights On Broadway' sample in 1997. I remember when I watched this on HBO, pay per view. It was a big event for my family all gathered round the old big TV.

I remember crying because I thought the boys looked so old, and sounded so tired.

Now I watch it and cry because I was a big idiot!! They looked and sounded fantastic. It's just that I had remembered them 20 years earlier, at the beginning of their ascent singing at at big arena concert and I was in Heaven!!

Here they are singing 'Nights' from the Midnight Special in 1975 - before they hit it really big and got all fancy looking. They were one of those rare acts who could sing live just as good or not better than their recordings. Amazing.

I loved them then, I love them now.

M.  ;D

Don't forget the 70's southern country rock, such as, Marshall Tucker Band, The Outlaws, The Allman Brothers, Lynard Skynard, Pure Prairie League, Charlie Daniel's, to name a few.

I think the 70s are so fondly remembered because it was a time of just having fun - Girls just wanna have fun..lol.. (Now Cyndi - was she 70s or 80s - can't remember).

The 70s was just all about fun, bright colours, funny fashions, big platform shoes and ABBA. I'm so glad I was born at the right time so that my teenage years were the 70s, and my 20s were during the just as good 80s.

Actually, I did forget that Queen is my all time favorite band. Sooo, I guess I am a bigger fan of the 70's than I thought.  :)

Oh! Oh! Queen!!!!  :yippee:

People think I'm weird because I'm such a big Queen fan. Actually, more precisely, a Freddie fan. There has never been a voice like Freddie's. Not in my lifetime, anyway. 

koko

Actually, I did forget that Queen is my all time favorite band. Sooo, I guess I am a bigger fan of the 70's than I thought.  :)

Oh! Oh! Queen!!!!  :yippee:

People think I'm weird because I'm such a big Queen fan. Actually, more precisely, a Freddie fan. There has never been a voice like Freddie's. Not in my lifetime, anyway. 

koko

Oh, I agree!! Freddie's voice cannot be beaten. And, who cares what other people think! QUEEN ROCKS!!  :)

But, I will say that Adam Lambert's voice has come really close to Freddie's. He has sang with Queen quite a bit in the last few years. Still not Freddie, but the closest I have heard yet.

Ah yes, never loved music so much as in the 70's.  I remember thinking that no music could ever top this experience and so far it hasn't.

Tommy James & The Shondels "Crimson and Clover" still my all time favorite.

Ah yes, never loved music so much as in the 70's.  I remember thinking that no music could ever top this experience and so far it hasn't.

Tommy James & The Shondels "Crimson and Clover" still my all time favorite.

Another good one!! I also love the Grass Roots (Midnight Confessions=awesome). These two bands make me think of my childhood. In the car I would sit on my mom's eight track tape case, with my arm around her neck, and we would go down the road singing to these songs.

Okay, I guess I am a much bigger fan of the 70's than I thought. (Giggle)

Eagles, Fleetwood Mac, Billy Joel, Simon and Garfunkel, Elton John, Pink Floyd.....So many memories...

So many memories..I cannot wait for most of them to come back....

I sure hope they do....

Hotel California 1977...Best Album in 1977

Bread!! Baby I'm-A Want You.

Just heard this on a commercial, and it brought back some memories.

For someone who thought they were not a fan of 70's music, I am having way too much fun with this. :D

Bread's greatest hits Cd is very good, the one with the pencil pastel drawing of them on it.  It anyone likes good 70's country rock, The Outlaws greatest hits is the best.

Love 70's music as well as other time periods, however, grew up in the 70's, so have a special fondness for the groups/singers during that time.

If you are a FB fan, they have a 70's group, & 80's group. If you 'like' their group, tunes/videos are sent to you at night. You'd really like these.

:socool::clap: T2