Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Long lost family

[ho...]

I know this is so far from benzo withdrawal, but I need some advice .

Ive been struggling with this information for many years .

I have found out that I have a biological father I didnt know about .

Its a long story but I have been raised by another man , I thought one man was my bio father and that he just was not interested in me.  I found out that he is not my bio father.  Another man is. I looked him up on Ancestry and I think he may have died last year.

I may have half siblings and they are listed in the phone book. I would like to try and contact one of the sisters , but Im scared. What do I say? Im not sure they know about me .

Help me please .

Wow. That's a heavy subject. I have no idea. Maybe wait till u feel on top , then pursue family. That's a big thing having siblings u didn't know about! I bet it answered questions on not feeling like he was interested in u ... Your non bio dad I mean. I am sorry u haven't had a good dad experience.

I send u a hug and wish u the best Pinkee

I know this is so far from benzo withdrawal, but I need some advice .

Ive been struggling with this information for many years .

I have found out that I have a biological father I didnt know about .

Its a long story but I have been raised by another man , I thought one man was my bio father and that he just was not interested in me.  I found out that he is not my bio father.  Another man is. I looked him up on Ancestry and I think he may have died last year.

I may have half siblings and they are listed in the phone book. I would like to try and contact one of the sisters , but Im scared. What do I say? Im not sure they know about me .

Help me please .

Hi Honeym....

What you have found is a gift....  Go for it!  You have siblings that will probably not be astonished as you might think, but will welcome you in their lives.

My suggestion....  Don't call them, it's too much of a shock, and especially in this crazy world we live in.  Write them a personal letter, telling about why you are trying to contact them and mail it.  That way they can read and re-read... possibly giving them time to digest all, if they need that.  Give them your email address in your letter.  You'll be amazed with the response in doing it this way.

I did the same a few years back, though it was a different scenario...  Guess what... it became so positive.

This is just wonderful....

Hugs, Pattylu

• 2 weeks later...