Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Is It Okay To Post Anything Anymore?

[c4...]

[c4...]
Lately, even posting excerpts straight from the Ashton Manual has gotten me a face full of nasty, adversarial, negative, unsupportive, unprovoked disrespectful comments. I've noticed quite a few people who generally post well wishes and support are pulling back from posting at all. Sad. Just an observation, but when people are hesitant to offer heart-felt sincere support because they risk nasty and negative repercussions, then somehow some people (the negative ones) have lost sight of the fact that this forum is about support. Or maybe that is their intention - to undermine the supportive nature of the forum. Pity.

Obsid,

I think your posts are very helpful and informative. I don't see anyone commenting disrespectfully.  Please know that you can always report incidents to the team if you feel uncomfortable.

There are likely going to be many varying opinions on just about any topic here. This is such a large and diverse forum that of course people will feel differently about certain ideas.

I believe in what we do here, that is why I am still here. Without BB I was lost, ill informed and wondering what in the world was wrong with me. BB was my lifeline when things were so rough.

pianogirl

Hi Obsid.  I like your posts.  They seem good to me.

I tried to PM you about this in confidence but my message got blocked.

Hi Obsid, I ran into the same people especially in the cold turkey forum.  I have been chased out of there a few times for spreading the gospel of 'SLOW TAPER'.  I learned just to post and move on.  You can't win with people who want to argue there point of view as being the only valid one.

Don't let it get you down, keep posting :)

Hi Obsid, I ran into the same people especially in the cold turkey forum.  I have be chased out of there a few times for spreading the gospel of 'SLOW TAPER'. 

Hiya Birdman!  Please don't tell me NikiHeat (recently known as 2thdoc and ZigZag) was involved in your bad experience.

I remember he turned Marina's "Sometimes Faster Is Better" thread into a full blown argument by claiming many people on this site tapered far too slowly.

[c4...]
Hey...you are all SO right. They say that if you try to please everyone that not only can it not be done, but that you yourself end up miserable.  Thanks all.

Hi Obsid, I ran into the same people especially in the cold turkey forum.  I have be chased out of there a few times for spreading the gospel of 'SLOW TAPER'. 

Hiya Birdman!  Please don't tell me NikiHeat (recently known as 2thdoc and ZigZag) was involved in your bad experience.

I remember he turned Marina's "Sometimes Faster Is Better" thread into a full blown argument by claiming many people on this site tapered far too slowly.

Hi Barb,  I can't remember as I wanted to forget those people as fast as possible and I blocked them but it's in my history somewhere if you want to search for it.  Trouble makers and using the HOLY-ER THAN THOU attitude.  They were working as a team to keep this guy in cold turkey hell and threatening me with 'THE MODERATOR' which was B.S. since I did nothing wrong but tell MY story. Said I was INCITING A REINSTATEMENT,, ooooow! What the hell is that even suppose to mean? A CRIME HERE NO DOUBT???  Well I can't save the world so do what I can.  I think like in my case reinstatement is justified if it can correct a bad cold turkey decision or EVEN a suicide.  Better to be alive on benzo's than 6 feet under and benzo free I always say! 

Sometimes it's NOT a perfect world and all we have to work with is the tools we have left!

I think it's okay to post anything, as long as it's helpful, you know? I believe that there is more than one way to skin a benzo. The slow taper works for a lot of people, and that's great! For me, I went the arduous awful quick withdrawal. If I could have done it slowly, I probably would have.

I guess my point is, if it works for you, do it. And you should be allowed to post anything, especially if it is helpful. :)

I think it's okay to post anything, as long as it's helpful, you know? I believe that there is more than one way to skin a benzo. The slow taper works for a lot of people, and that's great! For me, I went the arduous awful quick withdrawal. If I could have done it slowly, I probably would have.

I guess my point is, if it works for you, do it. And you should be allowed to post anything, especially if it is helpful. :)

Hi notka,  Not always so easy.  Some people think its helpful if you vote democrat and other's if you vote Republican and Catholic may think it's helpful for Protestant's to become Catholic again.  Sometimes people close their minds and get locked into a strategy.  It's a type of fear based thinking that outwardly manifests as extreme stubbornness. :-\ 

This board is like life, your going to have many opinions that differ and that's OK unless you get attacked or manipulated by others for having your opinion and THAT'S the problem.

This board is like life, your going to have many opinions that differ and that's OK unless you get attacked or manipulated by others for having your opinion and THAT'S the problem.

You have a point there, that's for sure. I think it's important to have a strategy for anything, especially benzo w/d, and each person is entitled to what they believe will work for them. For me, I couldn't imagine a protracted withdrawal, because I know myself too well--I probably would have reinstated. That's not to say that it won't work for someone else.

I do think it's important to always say "hey, this is what worked for me, and this is WHY is worked for me," rather than to just post withdrawal strategies. Before I was able to quit, I looked at benzobuddies and I couldn't imagine the slow taper. I do think that for shorter-term users (and more specifically, non-xanax users), it's easier to look at the Ashton method as feasible. But man, in the throes of severe addiction, it just looked daunting. And I didn't have access to a regular prescription.

• 1 month later...

From what I've seen in the short time I've been here, some people get into self diagnosing and such, they take what Ashton says about "listening to your body and everyones different" and they ride it in the ground......and they don't want to see anyone say anything that challenges their new status as a online expert benzo doctor.

Even though Ashton follows up those quotes with saying it's very important not to wait, even when jumping off in the end.....

I see a lot of this and I'm a newbie

Birdman:

Better to be alive on benzo's than 6 feet under and benzo free I always say! 

You will even find disagreement about this. I have seen more than one person say they would literally rather be dead that ever take another benzo. Hard to believe I know! But true.