Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

linda Rondstat

[Ga...]

I just read about Linda :( she sais she had a tick disease but now diagnosed with Parkinsons.

alot of her sx are like mine. i wonder if she had ever taken benzos.

i liked her alot in the 70's. now she cant sing:(

I'm sorry to hear that about her.  I always liked her too.

She was very depressed after Jerry Brown damped her after she raised millions for his campaign 30 years ago.  I was always mad at Jerry Brown for doing that to her.  Used her and then dumped her. :tickedoff:

• 3 months later...

Awesome singer! I think I have all her albums(genuine vinyl  :laugh:) Lovely voice. Shame, on Jerry Brown. Jerk!

I read where she said she now has Parkinson's & can no longer sing. I have several of her tunes saved in my mp3.

She isn't dead, guys! She comes from a prominent Mexican-American family in Tucson. That's where she lives now. She adopted a couple of kids about 15-20 years ago and has been busy being a mother and performing on and off at local Tucson events.

But, yes, she does have Parkinson's.

Tex67... yep you're right...she retired and she said that the Parkinson's is affecting her voice, so all we have are her previous recordings. So Sad to lose a voice like hers to a bad disease.  :'(

One of the BEST voices around, IMO humble opinion. When Linda sings, you stop and listen. I was listening to her

CD in my car, the song was "Your No Good", when I stopped my car opened the door, a man said, Love listening

to Linda Ronstadt like you! She is AWESOME.

I guess that is why I have a hard time watching "American Idol" etc etc all those shows. There are really no

"great" singers out there. Plus the music, where are all the song writer(s). I don't mean Rap, as that's a different

type of music genre. Its basically a battle of words isn't it?

May she embrace this time in her life.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I have stopped watching American Idol and the other shows like that.

Linda Ronstadt paid her dues by going on tours for years..it took her a long time to get where she got.

And now, Parkinson's.

All my best to her,

Iggy  :smitten: