Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

my wacky late morning bee experiance

[ru...]

after going back to sleep for a few hours i woke up to a bunch of crazy wacky bee's roaming around my kitchen around 10:45am, i had left a jar of honey out. this was pretty spooky there was a lot of them so i went back in my bed room and closed the door. i prayed on it and searched the net on my phone to find how to get rid of them but no relevant answer.

i then got the idea to turn the air conditioner on full blast so i went out did that and then went back in the bed room for about 10 minutes. then i went back out and saw less bees and the ones that were still there were not moving around to quickly anymore. i put the jar of honey in the cabinet and grabbed a can of compressed air, turned it up side down and started spraying the bee's with frost and then smashed them with a blunt object as well as pulling the curtain over the window and smashing them in between.

there were about 30 bee's and i got rid off all of them in around 5 minutes and boy of boy it was a freaky experience. so if u live in an area that has bee's don't leave a jar of honey out even if its closed they can read the label and if u do try what i did or call a professional which is probably safer.

after going back to sleep for a few hours i woke up to a bunch of crazy wacky bee's roaming around my kitchen around 10:45am, i had left a jar of honey out. this was pretty spooky there was a lot of them so i went back in my bed room and closed the door. i prayed on it and searched the net on my phone to find how to get rid of them but no relevant answer.

i then got the idea to turn the air conditioner on full blast so i went out did that and then went back in the bed room for about 10 minutes. then i went back out and saw less bees and the ones that were still there were not moving around to quickly anymore. i put the jar of honey in the cabinet and grabbed a can of compressed air, turned it up side down and started spraying the bee's with frost and then smashed them with a blunt object as well as pulling the curtain over the window and smashing them in between.

there were about 30 bee's and i got rid off all of them in around 5 minutes and boy of boy it was a freaky experience. so if u live in an area that has bee's don't leave a jar of honey out even if its closed they can read the label and if u do try what i did or call a professional which is probably safer.

Hi...  Did you think of maybe opening a window and putting the honey outside to draw them there??  With the devastation of bee colonies, we all need to try to save them as much as possible.  I've seen the crippling effect to them these last few years.  Maybe we could help them putting some honey in a high place outside, so ants can't get to it.  Maybe you have stumbled on something that will help them.  :)

well i wasn't thinking much as it happened when i just woke up but theres so many bee's in this neighborhood and there out my window all the time now so i'v been making bottle bee traps. there endangering me so they gotta go.

well i wasn't thinking much as it happened when i just woke up but theres so many bee's in this neighborhood and there out my window all the time now so i'v been making bottle bee traps. there endangering me so they gotta go.

Of course you would have been startled!!!  OMG who wouldn't have had.  Hope your plan rectifies the problem for you.

no screen cause the cat goes in and out through the window. if i put a screen on she knocks it out and if i close the window it turns into a meowing contest usually waking me up in the middle of very precious sleep and not stopping till i open the window.

Interesting about the bees, rubberduck.

Um...if they --> make <-- honey, why were they attracted to your vat of honey?

Did they think it was pollen? Or free honey to take back to the hive without

having to process it or whatever they do?

Interesting. Glad you thought of turning the A/C on.

I wonder if putting the jar outside would have resulted in bee stings.

And I'm leery of chemicals, so it's cool you didn't call the pest control people.

Redevan, interesting observations...

All my best, and I might put a jar of honey outside away from the house and see what happens..

Iggy  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Interesting about the bees, rubberduck.

Um...if they --> make <-- honey, why were they attracted to your vat of honey?

Did they think it was pollen? Or free honey to take back to the hive without

having to process it or whatever they do?

my guess is that its probably better quality

• 2 weeks later...