Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

A Movie I DON'T recommend

[pa...]

MOVIE:  Blue Jasmine

After watching for 45 minutes, I couldn't take it any longer... Said to my husband, do you want to stay, he didn't want to either.

The plot, good, the acting great.  True Woody Allen movie, though I have enjoyed many of his.

Kate Blanchard, great in role.  Though her character, through events in life... downing r/x drug, pill after pill with booze..  I knew it had to be Xanax....  Yep.... 

After traveling this road with my husband, and myself previously....  I couldn't take it any longer.  When ones have been on this side of the fence, seeing the horrors to one and all from these drugs..  Truly, how could any one of us sit and watch it.  Well, maybe some.

So... just wanted to give a heads up to one and all about this.  Sure wished Woody Allen or someone, would take and direct/produce a movie showing the true hells from these drugs...

Pattylu

Hi Patty. I suffered a lot after seeing this movie, I saw it all the way to the very disturbing end. I debated about posting a thread, and decided not to because I couldn't handle the added stress. After thinking about it for a few days, I did write a review at my place.

I'm glad you have warned fellow buddies. You know I'm pretty strong, with a positive attitude, but this movie really brought me to a very bad place. I'm glad you walked out early.

M.  :)

Hi Patty. I suffered a lot after seeing this movie, I saw it all the way to the very disturbing end. I debated about posting a thread, and decided not to because I couldn't handle the added stress. After thinking about it for a few days, I did write a review at my place.

I'm glad you have warned fellow buddies. You know I'm pretty strong, with a positive attitude, but this movie really brought me to a very bad place. I'm glad you walked out early.

M.  :)

Hi M,

Yes, it did the same to both of us.  Though, we took some time and discussed it together tonight, to help air the feelings we both had. We were glad that we left, though, what we both discovered in our conversation, is how we could look pre-benzo and view it differently.  Not that we would have thought, how insane, with life's tribulations, how people could not be in the situation of drinking booze and taking r/x drugs.... But, traveling this road, not only with each other, but all my bbs on this site, the hell each and everyone has gone through.....  Why, why can't these movies show the truth about the horrific journey these drugs cause.  Then maybe, some souls watching this movie, they would get a grasp about it, whether that be for themselves, their family member or best friend...

I'm glad you posted, it just reinforces to one and all.

Hugs to you M.

Pattylu

Hi everybody,

great thread.

I wonder as I haven't seen any of the movie and don't intend to--

how much of a statement was Woody Allen making about Rx drugs?

And was the movie a painful warning to anybody who might want to start taking

anything?

I assume that he has come into contact with at least one person who is

strung out on legal drugs. I also wonder if he is on anything since he

has been very public about seeing a shrink all these years.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Iggy  :thumbsup:

he seems so neurotic and quirky.

he pretty much proved it by taking up w Mia,s adopted daughter.

i read her book.....

i dont want to see ANY of his movies.

im sorry you all were affected so badly by this movie:(

• 1 year later...