Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Glee star dies after rehab

[Wo...]

His death was the first thing I saw when I sat down at my computer this morning. I was completely shocked and so, so, so saddened by it. He was SO young! I'm still having a hard time grasping it.

Drugs, drugs, drugs. So many tragic deaths caused by drugs. :(

koko

You would think at least drug treatments centers could get better educated when it comes to benzo withdrawal. We don't know that this was a factor in his death at ALL but it's not difficult to imagine that it happens to people. Can you imagine going into one of those facilities if you're rock bottom and this happening. Oh psychology. Could you be right at least once? Just to semi justify your existence one of these days. I mean name one time in history when psychology wasn't majorly behind the eight ball.  No doubt they are behind it once again but it won't become apparent until we view it in retrospect. Granted they are getting better at trying to become a science and use the scientific method but please.

i read the article but it really didnt say what kind but since they said he made it to the set ontime i doubt it was benzos.

and...he was ar the rehab in March.

maybe was totally unrelated, idk.

so sad.

He was into hardcore drugs. He did a lot of them. He admitted this in many interviews. He didn't die from benzo use or withdrawal. I'm not saying he didn't do benzos. He admitted he would do anything he could get his hands on but I'm willing to bet the farm he was drinking, doing cocaine and his body broke down from years of abuse. He started abusing drugs when he was 13, he died at 31. There's only so much a body can take.

What a shame.  :(

He was into hardcore drugs. He did a lot of them. He admitted this in many interviews. He didn't die from benzo use or withdrawal. I'm not saying he didn't do benzos. He admitted he would do anything he could get his hands on but I'm willing to bet the farm he was drinking, doing cocaine and his body broke down from years of abuse. He started abusing drugs when he was 13, he died at 31. There's only so much a body can take.

What a shame.  :(

it sure is :'(

what in the world do the rehabs tell them when they get out?

i hope they help Lindsey Lohan.

they need to tell them life isnt one big party?

I watched a Glee ep on TV last night, and every time he came on the screen I said "Please be careful. You don't realise what's in store for you". Sadly he didn't hear me. Such a young life lost to those damn drugs.

I think we also need to be very worried about Amanda Bynes. That girl's in serious trouble, from what I've seen of her behaviour.

I couldn't agree with you more! She has really changed. My kids use to watch Amanda Bynes on tv and in some movies. It is just so sad!!

The autopsy report came out yesterday. It said "Alcohol and Heroin".

koko

yes, i read that. heroin is so dangerous :tickedoff:

He has been a long time user of heroin he grew up in my home town in Canada

Spent time living on the street, drug and alcohol use at age 12 yrs It was his choice to continue to use

Very sad end to his story  :'(

It's kind of sad when you think that it could have been his recent fame that was ultimately his downfall. He was suddenly earning a lot more money, making it much easier for him to obtain the drugs.

[1b...]
I see the difference as  we were unknowingly given an addiction.... they willingly gave themselves an addiction

Pam - Amanda Bynes was put on a 72-hour psych hold today after setting herself on fire in her parents' driveway here in my town (where she grew up) - not looking good for her. Wondered why that helicopter was flying around my house..

I think in her case they are helping her as she has been out of control for some time.

Contrary to how some people think at times people do need the doctors help.