Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

10 Best Things About Benzo Withdrawal

[gu...]

How about this....

11. Feel like a celebrity- Be proud to be in rehab or detox. Join the growing ranks of the rich and famous who fell off the edge, the likes of which include Robert Downey Jr., Britney Spears, and Lindsey Lohan. Change the message on your answering machine to say, "Sorry, I can't come to the phone right now. I'm in detox."  Wear it proudly like a badge! :thumbsup:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Too funny!!!!!!  :laugh:

At last i am hip!!!!!  8)

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [gu...]

• [Pe...]

• [tr...]

• [wo...]

Saving a ton on airfares and avoiding going to see far flung relatives to boot, because although you used to have no qualms about getting on a plane, you sure will now. :laugh:

:laugh:  I'm overwhelmed with appreciation for this thread!  Thank you, love all your funny and uplifting posts! 

I was gonna start a NEW thread listing the "Top 10 Things I Miss About Benzo Withdrawal", but I'm currently drawing a blank. I'll keep thinking about it though.

I was gonna start a NEW thread listing the "Top 10 Things I Miss About Benzo Withdrawal", but I'm currently drawing a blank. I'll keep thinking about it though.

:thumbsup:

[8a...]

I doubt if my benzo brain can even think of 10 things right now, but here goes:

1. It is soooo much fun to have brain fog.

2. It is soooooo much fun to have even more brain fog.

3. Brain works again but it disappears w/o letting you know. I love surprises.

4. I love it when doctors don't believe you and you prove them wrong with your research and they get pissed off.

5. The out of the blue w/d s/x that you thought you would never get - again, surprises are sooooo much fun.

6. The economy is spiralling down and you are also. You are in tune with the economy.

7. Being housebound because your w/d s/x are so severe saves you money.

8. .......???@[@@...]

9.  What were we talking about again ...

Danni :yippee: Too much fun it's unbearable

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Bob,

Think of the 10 things you miss about benzo w/d yet?  Looking forward to it, this thread is very clever and funny!  :thumbsup:

(bump, bump, BUMP!)

Enough negativity....here are the 10 best things about withdrawal.

1. Early Retirement- you can't work, so you might as well enjoy the time off

2. There's always music in the air- (well, some people call it tinnitus). It's more like one note being played endlessly. But hey, some people think rap is just noise.

3. Your computer skills vastly improve. You'll spend so much time on forums and researching benzo sites on the internet, your speed and efficiency will double in a month.

4. You won't waste valuable hours of your life sleeping. You'll now know the exact time your morning paper is delivered. If you watch out the window at night, you'll learn the interesting habits of nocturnal animals, and see what time your neighbors go to bed and get up.

5. Out of body experiences- why go through the annoying chore of dying on the operating table when you can just go through benzo withdrawal.

6. Save big money on vacations- A trip to the mailbox or to the grocery store is an adventure on its own. Will you panic, will you freeze up, will you sit down and cry...who knows what's around that corner.

7. Exercise? Who needs no stinkin' exercise! Your muscles will feel like you just ran a marathon, yet all you did was get out of bed and go to the bathroom.

8. Learn how much your spouse and/or family really loves you. Enough said.

9. Relive your ill-spent youth- Withdrawal can feel like an LSD trip. Might as well live it up. Crank up that old Woodstock album on the turntable, put on your best pair of bell bottoms, stick some flowers in your hair, and peace out, dudes.

10. Save money on vitamins, supplements, herbs, coffee, and alcohol- basically everything you USED to enjoy. All of them rev up your symptoms so you can't take em anymore.

Well, that's my top 10 list. Feel free to add your own....and enjoy this happy time :idiot:

This is good. This is dead on! Laugh!!! #9 is way too apt.

Also, save money on therapists for emotional blockages: everything makes you cry or get upset or angry! :thumbsup:

• 1 year later...

Bob, this is simply brilliant !!!

I remember reading this some time ago, was laughing so much... wanna bump it and hope some of the new guys might appreciate your work too  :)

Take care bud.

C.

Enough negativity....here are the 10 best things about withdrawal.

1. Early Retirement- you can't work, so you might as well enjoy the time off

2. There's always music in the air- (well, some people call it tinnitus). It's more like one note being played endlessly. But hey, some people think rap is just noise.

3. Your computer skills vastly improve. You'll spend so much time on forums and researching benzo sites on the internet, your speed and efficiency will double in a month.

4. You won't waste valuable hours of your life sleeping. You'll now know the exact time your morning paper is delivered. If you watch out the window at night, you'll learn the interesting habits of nocturnal animals, and see what time your neighbors go to bed and get up.

5. Out of body experiences- why go through the annoying chore of dying on the operating table when you can just go through benzo withdrawal.

6. Save big money on vacations- A trip to the mailbox or to the grocery store is an adventure on its own. Will you panic, will you freeze up, will you sit down and cry...who knows what's around that corner.

7. Exercise? Who needs no stinkin' exercise! Your muscles will feel like you just ran a marathon, yet all you did was get out of bed and go to the bathroom.

8. Learn how much your spouse and/or family really loves you. Enough said.

9. Relive your ill-spent youth- Withdrawal can feel like an LSD trip. Might as well live it up. Crank up that old Woodstock album on the turntable, put on your best pair of bell bottoms, stick some flowers in your hair, and peace out, dudes.

10. Save money on vitamins, supplements, herbs, coffee, and alcohol- basically everything you USED to enjoy. All of them rev up your symptoms so you can't take em anymore.

Well, that's my top 10 list. Feel free to add your own....and enjoy this happy time :idiot:

OMG Bob....  This is priceless!  Hope more bb view it, some good humor is so needed.  That's for the great laugh! :2funny: :2funny: :2funny::clap: :clap: :clap:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

1. saves you a lot of money on gas. homebounded?

2. flat broke, but no more stress of running a business or working.

3. do not have to listen to other people's agony or suffering. already have enough of mine.

4. relexing and meditation are essential for mental health? has been doing it 24/7. so blessed.

5. no more fighting or arguing with people. soon, will be become a saint.

6. no interests on politics. reaching for higher level of just "existing".

7. before benzo, life was too complicated and chaotic in terms of needs, accomplishments, and responsiblities. benzo made everything so simple. "just breath."

8. if not for the benzo, could not actually feel the speed of thinking or how our thinking process is coordinated in our brain.

i bet that even "einstein" never experienced this in his life time.

9. became an expert on biology of how our brain and nervous system works with an actual hand on experience. not by the textbook.

10. has never done so many check ups on my body before. after benzo, so happy to know that you are very healthy except for benzo w/d.

always thought that human body and mind is "one". wrong!

i am able to separate it into two different entity. body is sleeping, but brain is wide awake. what a blessed gift.

• 2 weeks later...

GuitarBob, you crack me up.  And I love The List!  My day just got brighter!  You all are so brilliant.  Can I please, please print the list, with number 11 added in, and any other good ones ... and hang it on the wall in my bedroom where I now live?

I could win an Academy Award for crying on cue.  :'(  I'm sooo good at it.

• 8 months later...
good things about benzo withdrawal? well i can only think of just 2 its made me appreciate life more and i share my thoughts of whats making it easier so other people can cope with it better