Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

10 Best Things About Benzo Withdrawal

[gu...]

Enough negativity....here are the 10 best things about withdrawal.

1. Early Retirement- you can't work, so you might as well enjoy the time off

2. There's always music in the air- (well, some people call it tinnitus). It's more like one note being played endlessly. But hey, some people think rap is just noise.

3. Your computer skills vastly improve. You'll spend so much time on forums and researching benzo sites on the internet, your speed and efficiency will double in a month.

4. You won't waste valuable hours of your life sleeping. You'll now know the exact time your morning paper is delivered. If you watch out the window at night, you'll learn the interesting habits of nocturnal animals, and see what time your neighbors go to bed and get up.

5. Out of body experiences- why go through the annoying chore of dying on the operating table when you can just go through benzo withdrawal.

6. Save big money on vacations- A trip to the mailbox or to the grocery store is an adventure on its own. Will you panic, will you freeze up, will you sit down and cry...who knows what's around that corner.

7. Exercise? Who needs no stinkin' exercise! Your muscles will feel like you just ran a marathon, yet all you did was get out of bed and go to the bathroom.

8. Learn how much your spouse and/or family really loves you. Enough said.

9. Relive your ill-spent youth- Withdrawal can feel like an LSD trip. Might as well live it up. Crank up that old Woodstock album on the turntable, put on your best pair of bell bottoms, stick some flowers in your hair, and peace out, dudes.

10. Save money on vitamins, supplements, herbs, coffee, and alcohol- basically everything you USED to enjoy. All of them rev up your symptoms so you can't take em anymore.

Well, that's my top 10 list. Feel free to add your own....and enjoy this happy time :idiot:

:2funny: :2funny:  The best I've read!   :2funny:  I'm looking forward to reading more!  I'm not very creative right now but I'll work on it.  Keep up the good work!

Hey u hav been free from using benzo for almost 2 years now. I just wanna know how you been doing so far without drugs?

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [gu...]

• [Pe...]

• [tr...]

• [wo...]

As far as needing drugs I don't need them so I'm doing great in that aspect.  As far as having symptoms from taking them I still have some symptoms hanging around but they are much, much better than they used to be.  :thumbsup:

what no. are we on?

well here is one

no more lame excuses for skipping family functions

pointed to the antisocial/agoraphobia sx in Ashton Manual  :-\

get alot of blank stares but I think they are finally getting it.

Loving this blog keep up the great work, need a good laugh at myself.

all very funny so far.

Pennyblue

My daughter and most people on the autism spectrum have tons of issues..mainly sensory but have troubles with;

NOISES

SMELLS

SIGHTS

TOUCH

THOUGHTS (putting them to words)

SPEECH (expressing the words  & pragmatics)

SOCIAL SKILLS

MOTOR SKILLS

FEARS

ANXIETY

SLEEP

ECT...

I feel OUR withdrawals from benzo's touch every single one of these issues and makes me so much more empathetic to my daughter's issues and others in general that are going through this.

She has to live with her sensory issues for the rest of her life but hopefully ours will subside and fade away.

XXXXXXX :smitten:

that is sooooo my life !!! lmao !!! that was good !! benzos suck !!! thats what u tell a new victim of this med b4 they take it !! if this is how u wanna live ,read this !!!

# 20

I am saving a boat load of money

can't wear my contacts since January 09 dry itchy eyes. Just found

it listed on the w/d symptoms and I thought they were just dry from watching too much tv and movies lol :tickedoff:

# 20

it listed on the w/d symptoms and I thought they were just dry from watching too much tv and movies lol :tickedoff:

Lost a boat load of money on contacts on tuesday and decided after 4 days of blurry vision, nausea and sticking my fingers in my eyeballs that they SUCK!

Guess I am going to be wearing glassing till I am klon free!

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p116/Shelleyr_2007/DORK.jpg

Should of asked about them here first!  :idiot:

Hey Shelleyr it took me two years to figure it out myself and only after seeing an eye problem on the ashton sx list did I put two and two together and stopped using my contacts

Just the drug store variety now for reading. Love the look girl... :smitten:

Sandy`

Nice to know that I am not getting a brain tumor when I visit the beauty shop and have my head back in the sink and the pounding in my ears and temples start...

I just take a deep breath tell myself I am not going to die from this and it will pass with all the other Benzo crap.

# 20

Lost a boat load of money on contacts on tuesday and decided after 4 days of blurry vision, nausea and sticking my fingers in my eyeballs that they SUCK!

Guess I am going to be wearing glassing till I am klon free!

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p116/Shelleyr_2007/DORK.jpg

Should of asked about them here first!   :idiot:

Sorry to hear you can't wear your new contacts....yep the Klono killed them.  You're beautiful just as you are!  :smitten:

#21 nice to finally find out this chronic pain in my neck is NOT the whiplash the dr diagnoised 5 yrs ago with a car accident.

Another Benzo w/d sx oh what fun.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

#13 -No longer have to wait till Halloween to get the BEJESUS scared out of ya!  -The equivalent of Freddy Krueger or Jason Voorhees is found behind every sneeze, car horn, and door slammed that you come into contact with.   :clap:

Thanks for this post Bob definitely needed it! Big fan of #9 as well, as I was just thinking that yesterday!

hahahaha this one is great!!!!

EDIT: All of these are Great!!!!

• 4 months later...

you can always blame "cog fog" for any mistakes you make

opportunity to see how long my leg hairs are, since too dizzy to shave legs  :o :o :o :o

Mary

opportunity to see how long my leg hairs are, since too dizzy to shave legs   :o :o :o :o

Mary

Ewwwwww..........(on the other hand, TC might be into this!)

you can always blame "cog fog" for any mistakes you make

opportunity to see how long my leg hairs are, since too dizzy to shave legs     

Mary

I used to make sure my legs were shaved during my dark days - I didn't want to have to go to hospital with hairy legs!!!!  Oh, I just love the way benzos make you think. :D :D :D :D :P

So I guess I could add  always having hairless legs to on the 10 best things about benzo withdrawal!

• 2 weeks later...

LOL, this was the best - Thanks !!!  :laugh:

I'll add a few more:

1. Get to know your local natural store and how many sleep/anxiety aids they have. You have no idea what will work, you ask a bunch of people and you still have no idea what will work.

2. You no longer worry about earthquakes because you have an internal one happening all the time.

3. Take long walks around your neighborhood at odd hours (trying to get tired & go to sleep) and meet all sorts of interesting people and animals.

4. Brush up on your fractions during tapering. What is a 1/10th less of a 3/4 tablet look like again ?

5. Always be the designated driver for your friends because you can't drink.

6. Catch up on all those shows and movies you used to never see after 2am.

7. Save wear and tear on your mattress because you usually not on it.

8. Save on doctor visits because they have no idea how to treat insomnia.

9. Find out how many things you can't have because they have caffeine in them.

10. Get a vicarious thrill watching your family sleep and wondering what it would be like.

Cheers,

George

Thank you so much.  The two lists I read actually made me laugh and smile.  I'm gonna start thinking of more to add!

Sara :smitten:

• 1 year later...
It's been sooooo long since I posted (since I'm clean of benzo's), I thought I'd resurrect this post just for laughs. 

Thanks Bob for reposted. I got a big laugh reading both our lists again !

Glad you're doing well. I was benzo free from April 2010 but had a relapse last December. Had to go back on benzos after struggling with no sleep for 1-1/2 months. Things are better now & I'm down to 1/4 tablet of Triazolam & 1 tablet of Nutra Sleep (natural sleep aid) now. Will soon be completely off the benzos again !

George  :yippee: