Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Think Twice Before Posting

[re...]

Did you know that there are other websites on the internet? Some of them are dedicated to heated arguments about angry and divisive topics like partisan politics, racial conflict, or controversial current events. BenzoBuddies is about supporting each other while we struggle through what is, for most of us, the most difficult time in our lives. We really do not need people posting things that will get us fighting with each other, hurting each other's feelings, and then holding grudges that might prevent us helping each other later.

I don't want to get too specific and single anyone out, but I have seen such posts here, and I cannot understand why anyone would post them. I suppose they just didn't consider whether that kind of post belonged at BenzoBuddies. So I would ask everyone now: think twice before you post. Remember who will be reading and responding to it. Ask yourself whether your post is going to do more harm than good.

Did you know that there are other websites on the internet? Some of them are dedicated to heated arguments about angry and divisive topics like partisan politics, racial conflict, or controversial current events. BenzoBuddies is about supporting each other while we struggle through what is, for most of us, the most difficult time in our lives. We really do not need people posting things that will get us fighting with each other, hurting each other's feelings, and then holding grudges that might prevent us helping each other later.

I don't want to get too specific and single anyone out, but I have seen such posts here, and I cannot understand why anyone would post them. I suppose they just didn't consider whether that kind of post belonged at BenzoBuddies. So I would ask everyone now: think twice before you post. Remember who will be reading and responding to it. Ask yourself whether your post is going to do more harm than good.

Thank-you for the warning redevan.

Does this apply to polar bears too?  I have enough trouble thinking once.  I don't think I can think once and remember it to think it again. 

Seriously, love is the best cure for just about anything, is it not?

Best regards,

ElwoUld B. Bear

I've heard it said that God gave men a brain and a penis, but not enough blood to work both at the same time.

Perhaps that's true for the brain and keyboard fingers also. :D

Redevan, I agree whole-heartedly. Recently there's been too many argumentative, sometimes downright nasty posts.

Thanks for speaking up.

east

Very good advice.  I would also add that if you are thinking of posting a heated/contrary post, let it go for at least an hour.  You will be surprised at how often you will decide against posting.  If you do decide on posting the message, it will usually be a lot less "flammable" than your original thoughts.