Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

suggestions for tv shows or movies on netflix or regular cable??

[ca...]

Watch India's Frontier Railways  travel documentary. And when you watch docus like this, you realize how unbelievably lucky you have been in the life lottery to have been born where you were born, esp when seeing how long the chocolate guy had worked in order to be able to buy the cold box for his snacks.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [ca...]

• [Cu...]

• [Ca...]

• [mp...]

I've just started watching "Miranda" on Hulu. It's hilarious! The shows aired in the UK from 2009 to 2014.

Miranda Hart is a British comedian probably better known in the US from her role on Call the Midwife as Nurse "Chummy" Oakes.

I've just started watching "Miranda" on Hulu. It's hilarious! The shows aired in the UK from 2009 to 2014.

Miranda Hart is a British comedian probably better known in the US from her role on Call the Midwife as Nurse "Chummy" Oakes.

N/A DVD U.S. machine playable.  :(  Looks good, from trailer.  I recognize her, but not from Call the Midwife; never heard of it.  ???  Now, I'll be wondering where I do recognize her from! :D:laugh:

Went to Wicki to see about DVD & fomats; learned this:

American remake

In August 2018, it was reported that The Big Bang Theory star Jim Parsons was developing a US remake for Warner Bros. Television. Hart would be involved in developing the remake as a producer, but it was not revealed if she would star as well. [54]

Though, sure it won't be as good as original.  Just went through this w/show Life on Mars...I went for U.K. version.  Did find both Seasons 1 & 2 on NTSC format!!!  Terrific show! 

Hey guys..

Just watched Life on Mars.. -Was knda cute and catchy... :)

Am chipping my way through some of the suggestions.. Ty..

Mary gave me the movie “Hunter Killer” (submarine, action) which was pretty good... a bit like “last ship”...

:)

Then, you also might enjoy "The Last Castle" movie.  It seems to be running on HBO this month.  I have the DVD.  Oddly, just before HBO began running it, had recommended to a friend.  They ended up watching that night & thought it was great; asked me for other recommendations.  (I think they found it somewhere on streaming.)  Top-notch cast w/terrific performances.  -  Particularly if you enjoyed The Shawshank Redemption.  -  Trailer below.  Which Life on Mars...UK or US version?

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

thumbnail?id=1MV02e55f1f4ad4a97214e37a80a8e21299&ql=70&sizes=310x465

Season 2 of GLOW was just released on Netflix!!!

GLOW=(Gorgeous Ladies of Wrestling)

Its a perfect TV show to watch during our withdrawal journey. Campy, 1980's nostalgia and big on fun! Not stressful and an amusing distraction.

Thanks GLOBB’s.. :) -Yes thats you too Madam Mim..  lol

Cuzz, it was the British one, by the announcers accent.. (123movies)..

Watching “Outpost” series, I think the lead is a “Home and Away” girl, -all growed up now.. But I could be wrong...??

Its a fantasy warrior type thing... -not my normal style...

Hope my legs start working better soon so I can do more, but atm sitting is safe..!!

What I have been doing is one small task after each show ends, and it all seems to add up ok...

Thanks again Everyone...

:)

Hey!  :) 

So long as you understand the Brit. accents well (loved the Life on Mars UK version! Great Cast!  There are 2 Seasons or Series, as they're UK termed.) - here's more.  First: Prey...got it on DVD.  Same actors from LOM/UK in leads: John Simm, who played Sam Tyler/LOM & Philip Glenister, Gene Hunt/LOM.  Very talented actors, IMO.  Looks to be excellent, too, albeit a vastly different storyline.  Haven't started viewing this one, yet.  Trailer below. 

Also, if fan of Westworld ...again, Brit. accents: Humans...they don't refer to the other characters as robots, but as synths.  Viewed Seasons 1 & 2 on DVD & will be purch. Season 3 (the final one).  I didn't get into Westworld, despite being excited about the premise & very much enjoying all cast members in other productions.  Naturally, it sequenced, but the 2 seasons were also pretty different from each other, too.

Based on enjoying LOM, I think you'd also enjoy Life, U.S. series.  It's not time-travel, but it is crime drama w/a twist & there are funny quickwitted moments.  Also, a series where leads are solving a particular crime in each episode w/an accompanying storyline woven throughout the series.  I didn't care for Damien Lewis, one of the leads here, in Billions, but that's just that show - when I'd last tried it, none of the characters had any redeeming qualities.  But, I'd caught him in a movie, which I did enjoy.  Currently viewing Season 2.  (I uploaded trailer in another post.) 

-  I'm physicially debiliated, too.  Good for you, doing small tasks; that's only way I'm able to, as well.  -

Cant, I am just going to follow up on CuzKK,  :laugh: :laugh:

Tim and I loved Life and hated when it was cancelled.

Good taper show  ;)

I didn't really like Billions either though I do like Damien Lewis, Homeland....

🌿🐢🐸💚

Mim

🐭🐕🐶

For comic relief from the heavy dramas, recommend the silly & vapid (Maybe brain is benzo-compromised, after all, or it's just lack of good comedies...but, I do laugh  :laugh:):

Community.

For no reason, whatsoever, I didn't think I liked Joel McHale & how could I enjoy a series where he's a lead...no problems!  The cast is great w/terrific chemistry! 

This is an earlier role for Alison Brie/Glow. 

Another very deep one...: Sense8 (Netflix series c. 2016).  Mesmerizing!  Truly unlike anything else ever viewed:

"Eight strangers around the globe find themselves connected -- first by a violent vision, then by their shared ability to connect with one another's thoughts and actions, and finally by the urgent need to find out what happened and why. Their need to know goes beyond simple curiosity -- as they pursue answers, a mysterious organization hunts them down, intent on destroying them. The intense thriller is the first foray into television (or, more accurately, Netflix) for renowned filmmakers Lana Wachowski and Lilly Wachowski ("The Matrix Reloaded"), who created the series with J. Michael Straczynski ("Thor")."

And, a great movie (particularly before summer ends): The Way, Way Back...indie flick...another great cast: Sam Rockwell, Toni Colette, Steve Carell (playing lo-fi; not hyper-kinetic comedy.)

Enjoy cant, Mary...anybody!  :):D;)

For comic relief from the heavy dramas, recommend the silly & vapid (Maybe brain is benzo-compromised, after all, or it's just lack of good comedies...but, I do laugh  :laugh:):

Community.

For no reason, whatsoever, I didn't think I liked Joel McHale & how could I enjoy a series where he's a lead...no problems!  The cast is great w/terrific chemistry! 

Another very deep one...: Sense8 (Netflix series c. 2016).  Mesmerizing!  Truly unlike anything else ever viewed:

"Eight strangers around the globe find themselves connected -- first by a violent vision, then by their shared ability to connect with one another's thoughts and actions, and finally by the urgent need to find out what happened and why. Their need to know goes beyond simple curiosity -- as they pursue answers, a mysterious organization hunts them down, intent on destroying them. The intense thriller is the first foray into television (or, more accurately, Netflix) for renowned filmmakers Lana Wachowski and Lilly Wachowski ("The Matrix Reloaded"), who created the series with J. Michael Straczynski ("Thor")."

And, a great movie (particularly before summer ends): The Way, Way Back...indie flick...another great cast: Sam Rockwell, Toni Colette, Steve Carell (playing lo-fi; not hyper-kinetic comedy.)

You should write for TV Guide or Entertainment Weekly CuzKK  :D Mary 💜💜

Community.

You should write for TV Guide or Entertainment Weekly CuzKK  :D Mary 💜💜

:D:laugh:  Thanks, Mary!  I'm glad you enjoy...  Very kind of you.  :hug:  But, I must advise that the detailed description for Sense8 was written by someone else; why I put quotes around it.  I do enjoy writing, but I can't take credit for that part.  ;)