Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

suggestions for tv shows or movies on netflix or regular cable??

[ca...]

since i started this w/d process like most of you i have watched way too much tv - but somedays it's all i can do,  my dr. and said that was ok, so i have been...but i'm so tired of watching these shows, and can't think of new ones i want to watch, so any suggestions would be welcome...

the tv shows i like the most are :

two broke girls

mike and molly

csi

criminal minds

20/20

chelsea lately

modern family

friday nights live all 72 episodes twice...

law and order criminal intent

motive

60 minutes

soa

nurse jackie

dexter

shameless

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [ca...]

• [Cu...]

• [Ca...]

• [mp...]

Based on the shows on your list, I think you would enjoy the show "Arrested Development" which is a satirical comedy. Seasons 1 and 2 are available on Hulu Plus and Season 3 on Net Flix. Pure silly shows that will take your mind off of things.

Netflix has the first 4 seasons of "Damages" to stream. Be careful though, it's edited in kind of a jaring way, but for some reason, I was able to watch it and enjoy it throughout my w/d journey. I'm waiting for the 5th season to become available. I just love it!  :)

hi mplsgrl - is that right? or is it a 1?? i want to be elizabeth taylor..lol she was so amazing..

i watched damages when it first came out but i couldn't stick with it..i will try again..i'm so tired of watching the same shows..but it's the only way i know how to spend a day..i was good this morning and as the day goes on i'm not so good..

thanks for sharing..

Oh, everybody just calls me 'M.' This was requested by fellow buddie Sarah Norris, because in her earlier days, she said "can't you just use 'M'? all those consonants are driving me crazy!  :D:laugh:  I loved Elizabeth Taylor too!

I have kept my TV on 24 hours since this thing began. Even when I am streaming on my computer - I just mute the TV then. It's the leftovers of my paranoia I guess. Everything bores me - I think that's why I loved 'Damages' so much.

I have now seen every single episode of 'The Golden Girls' about 60 times!  :sick:

How about 'Breaking Bad' - also 4 seasons available on Neftlix. I never thought I would EVER like that, but I fell in love with it.

Also, did you mention 'Mad Men'? Now that I've been addicted to since the first episode on AMC. That is available on Netflix too. First 5 seasons.

I love Nurse Jackie (seasons and shows are too ridiculously short), Dexter, Boardwalk Empire and Homeland. Loved the first season only of Boss.

Are you into soaps? Oprah has picked up All My Children and One Life To Live beginning July 15 for a trial run. I had been watching those two since I was in grade school.

I don't know if it's available, but I highly recommend 'Six Feet Under' and 'Oz'. I stopped my Netlix membership when I couldn't find anything more to see.

M.  :)

Oh, everybody just calls me 'M.' This was requested by fellow buddie Sarah Norris, because in her earlier days, she said "can't you just use 'M'? all those consonants are driving me crazy!  :D:laugh:  I loved Elizabeth Taylor too!

I have kept my TV on 24 hours since this thing began. Even when I am streaming on my computer - I just mute the TV then. It's the leftovers of my paranoia I guess. Everything bores me - I think that's why I loved 'Damages' so much.

I have now seen every single episode of 'The Golden Girls' about 60 times!  :sick:

How about 'Breaking Bad' - also 4 seasons available on Neftlix. I never thought I would EVER like that, but I fell in love with it.

Also, did you mention 'Mad Men'? Now that I've been addicted to since the first episode on AMC. That is available on Netflix too. First 5 seasons.

I love Nurse Jackie (seasons and shows are too ridiculously short), Dexter, Boardwalk Empire and Homeland. Loved the first season only of Boss.

Are you into soaps? Oprah has picked up All My Children and One Life To Live beginning July 15 for a trial run. I had been watching those two since I was in grade school.

I don't know if it's available, but I highly recommend 'Six Feet Under' and 'Oz'. I stopped my Netlix membership when I couldn't find anything more to see.

M.  :)

hi m - i see you are in cali too..

nurse jackie is way to short, but will be back for another season...

do you watch girls on hbo? i  love that show, lena dunham is a great writer and actress..i like her because she is like a normal girl, not beautiful, tall or blonde, not a great body but is confident with herself and that is a great trait (is that the right word??) to have i really admire her work..

my tv is on most of the day, but i do turn it off when i go to bed..

love love love breaking bad, the new season starts soon.. i haven't seen mad men, i think i always forget about it..i miss homeland..so good...six feet under was so good, you gotta love michael c hall...his wife in real life was jennifer carpenter..

i only stream netflix now, i just found it easier...the summer is no good for tv, so i'm watching movies i haven't seen in a while..i watched "into the wild" the other night..i love true stories...

have a good day let me know if you remember a good series, i like to watch them all because then they have a lot of episodes and i only watch them on tv before bed...

There is a marathon of the Walking Dead all weekend  :thumbsup:

thanks dexter - i've never seen it - i will check it out...

I don't know if it's on Netflix, but The Sopranos was the best tv series I've ever watched.  The Wire is very, very good as well.

love love love the sopranos - watched every episode 2 or 3 times, but that was several years ago - so sad about james gandolfini - he is/was such a great actor i've seen all the movies he has ever been in..

i may start watching again..thanks for sharing..

love love love the sopranos - watched every episode 2 or 3 times, but that was several years ago - so sad about james gandolfini - he is/was such a great actor i've seen all the movies he has ever been in..

i may start watching again..thanks for sharing..

I never get upset about celebrity deaths but Gandolfini's passing made me sad.  He was a really great guy in person from what I've read.

hi jj - i know so sad, but i was also very sad when elizabeth taylor, diana and john lennon died..

gandolfini was such a great actor..did you see him with james lipton (he does great interviews) i've watched so many - "the actors studio" i just watched him on you tube...a true great..

the interview was on tv right after he passed, and then i watched it again on you tube..so sad..makes me realize that i need to start taking better care of myself, he was only a year younger than me..

Oh good. The characters are very endearing. I wouldn't have come across if not for streaming. But I guess it's no longer streaming.

Oh good. I liked your recommendation of Six Feet Under.

And Weeds is available on Netflix. That's a great show although the humor might be bit too much for some people.

YES "The Wire" was one of the best shows ever. Requires a lot of mental concentration though.

Two Showtime series: Homeland (drama) and House of Lies (black comedy) are well done.

Hi everybody,

I haven't read page two of this thread, so I may be redundant. This would of course be

the first time I've engaged in redundancy...oh wait...duh.

Downton Abbey: I watched the first season and loved it. It is/was on Netflix streaming.

Does anybody know where to find any other seasons?

I've seen quite a few cool movies on N. streaming and will find that list...um, duh...

it's around somewhere.

Cagr1, what's Into the Wild about?

Good thread idea, by the way.

All my best, and may everybody have a huge picture window today!

Ig

Check out:  The New Adventures of Old Christine.  My daughter got me started on this one; very funny!