Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

This place seems so... toxic

[...]

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [fi...]

• [...]

• [mp...]

• [Di...]

It can be. Sometimes very much so. Mostly it is people helping people, but there are times when "all the poisons that lurk in the mud hatch out." (I Claudius). 

Sure, poisons hatch out (hadn't read that I Claudius quote before--that's good),

but that happens more so in the rest of the world, doesn't it?

Good people here, and good quotes too.

Thanks.

Bestest, :thumbsup:

Iggy

I was in another benzo group before this one and I couldn't take it anymore because of all the horrific symptoms everyone had.  At least on this forum I can click on what I want to read.  If it sounds horrible in the title, I don't click on it, as I am very sensitive in this withdrawal state.  This forum is helpful to me in the sense that if I have a specific concern or question I can usually find a thread about it here.

In my mindfulness group, thoroughly recommended by the way, we were taught to see everyone with compassion, even those we didn't agree with, or even hated, because we are all equal individuals who have experienced different paths through our lives, and none of us chose to be where we are today, including those who we would consider successful. (They would disagree, of course ::)).

I have compassion for the OP, he was obviously having a rough time when he wrote that, and he needs support as much as anyone here. I hope you are OK JC90, I truly mean that.

I can recall when a post I made on another forum some time ago, which I was personally derided for affected my mental well being for several days afterwards. One must be careful in their replies here, because it is all about supporting each other, no matter what stage we are at, or who we are, or what our beliefs are.

My golden rule is: I will have my say if I disagree with an idea or stance on an issue, but I would never say anything negative directly to a poster, because that can have devastating consequences on the individual concerned. We have all said things we may have regretted later, that can all be part of the whole withdrawal process.

Mostly, this place and it's members are compassionate and empathetic, and everyone here is equal.  Try to keep it that way.

I wish the best for all of you, sincerely.

coots.

Hi,

I have found that the tongue can build someone up and tear someone down the effects of which can last a lifetime.  We should be kind and compassionate towards everyone, I am no better than they and they are no better than me.  We are all deserving of love...equally.  This is a place to heal with others, a place to find support and understanding.  We each have different circumstances that we voice in our own unique way.  Which is good for we all bring a different perspective to the forum.  I know that I am much more sensitive than normal, due to this 'journey', I don't feel I'm alone here with that.  I really work hard at keeping this in mind when posting and replying.  I have been hurt enough as I believe many of you can relate to.  Acceptance and validation that were not alone and in time all will be right ....and it will. 

grace and peace

eli

Hi,

I have found that the tongue can build someone up and tear someone down the effects of which can last a lifetime.  We should be kind and compassionate towards everyone, I am no better than they and they are no better than me.  We are all deserving of love...equally.  This is a place to heal with others, a place to find support and understanding.  We each have different circumstances that we voice in our own unique way.  Which is good for we all bring a different perspective to the forum.  I know that I am much more sensitive than normal, due to this 'journey', I don't feel I'm alone here with that.  I really work hard at keeping this in mind when posting and replying.  I have been hurt enough as I believe many of you can relate to.  Acceptance and validation that were not alone and in time all will be right ....and it will. 

grace and peace

eli

Good post, Eli!

I had read somewhere on the internet that BB was a cult, but after posting here and reading posts, I surely don't think it is.

I've picked up a lot of good advice and tips for tapering from benzos.

I would have had no idea how to taper if I weren't here.

Many times I have had second thoughts about posting something that could scare someone.

It is a difficult place to be in when you want to make a valid point that needs to be said and at the same time could be disruptive to those more sensitive.

I actually could not read the forum during my wd. It was too scary for me. So I really know this topic first hand.

And I have been guilty of making intense posts myself.  I don't do it to purposely frighten others though.

Now that I am feeling good, I am less reactive to fear and it's easy to let a post slip through my filter. I apologize if I have scared anybody. Sometimes I get like the guy on Network and get mad as hell and not going to take it anymore -

. . .  ( the medical benzo culture in general ) so sorry if I go on a rant. It is just tragic what we go through to get our lives back.

But it IS worth it to get your life back.  I am SO glad I don't feel crazy anymore! Woohoo!

You will recover too.  :thumbsup:  :smitten:

River