Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

martin-zimmerman case

[Ga...]

I too am done, but before I leave, for the record, we never left topic.

This case is about freedom.  A young man's freedom to act in a certain way such that he is perceived to be suspicious, and the freedom of the man he encountered to protect himself and his neighborhood.

I am a fan of politeness.  It solves a lot of problems.

Zimmerman:

"What are you doing?"

Potential conflict avoiding answer:

"I am returning from the candy store to my home to watch the all-star game."

What he probably said:

"What's it to ya, whitey."

He is free do answer either way, but my guess is that if he had chosen something similar to the first response, he'd still be alive.

Be well, etc and so forth,

ramcon1

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [tr...]

• [Ga...]

• [Bi...]

• [Mu...]

Top Posters In This Topic

No, like I said the crux of the whole issue is when he disobeyed an order, just like when a mother tells a child not to do something, they do it anyway, and always ends up in trouble, suppose to be a grown man.  Even though he was acquitted, it still ain't over until the fat lady signs.  Even 2 jurors said GZ got away with murder, the evidence was there, but the prosecution could not prove it. That does not mean that he was not guilty, they just was not able to prove it in the eyes of some jurors not using common sense and not taking all of the evidence into consideration, like on the 911 tape, he was told not to following TM, but he did anyway and escalated the events to happen.   

No, like I said the crux of the whole issue is when he disobeyed an order, just like when a mother tells a child not to do something, they do it anyway, and always ends up in trouble, suppose to be a grown man.  Even though he was acquitted, it still ain't over until the fat lady signs.  Even 2 jurors said GZ got away with murder, the evidence was there, but the prosecution could not prove it. That does not mean that he was not guilty, they just was not able to prove it in the eyes of some jurors not using common sense and not taking all of the evidence into consideration, like on the 911 tape, he was told not to following TM, but he did anyway and escalated the events to happen. 

Nah, the case is over. They are not going to reopen the case.

Even if they did, there would be tons of questions Martin's parents need to resolve. They wasn't really responsible parents.

These kinds of crimes go on everyday, it's just that this one got public attention! And for the wrong reasons.

Dispatchers are not LEO's and can't not give 'orders.' If that had been the case Zimmerman would have been charged with disobeying orders. Zimmerman was watching him and waiting for the police to arrive, if Martin had not started the altercation him he would be alive today.

It's funny how people are blaming Zimmerman, the prosecution, the jurors, the laws of FL and every thing else they can think of except where a most of the blame should be placed. And that would be Martin. If there was any way possible they could have convicted Zimmerman they would have. In the beginning his parents, especially his mother, knew what happened. After all, they knew the history of their son and why he was in Sanford. With all the news, media hype, lies and Obama, they even started to believe it but it still doesn't change the facts.

Dispatchers are not LEO's and can't not give 'orders.' If that had been the case Zimmerman would have been charged with disobeying orders. Zimmerman was watching him and waiting for the police to arrive, if Martin had not started the altercation him he would be alive today.

It's funny how people are blaming Zimmerman, the prosecution, the jurors, the laws of FL and every thing else they can think of except where a most of the blame should be placed. And that would be Martin. If there was any way possible they could have convicted Zimmerman they would have. In the beginning his parents, especially his mother, knew what happened. After all, they knew the history of their son and why he was in Sanford. With all the news, media hype, lies and Obama, they even started to believe it but it still doesn't change the facts.

wowsa with all due respect, Trayvon isnt the first kid to get suspended from school :P

his mom did right thing by shipping him off to dads.

lets not forget he was a 17 yr old kid

who thinks theirs will go up to store nd never return :(

wowsa with all due respect, Trayvon isnt the first kid to get suspended from school :P

Of course kids get suspended from school, but that wasn't the only issue with Martin. His other suspensions, beating up his bus driver, stolen property, fight clubs, etc. all played a part in this. I'm sure his mother was at her wits end with him, what mom wouldn't be? The problem with all that is the media showed pictures of a 10-12 year old kid in a hoodie and everyone thought he was some innocent kid that had never done anything wrong in his life and was gunned down on the sidewalk. NBC altered the 911 call to make it look like it Zimmerman was profiling. With people like Jessie Jackson and Al Sharpton, along with the media, to fuel the fire it all got out of control.

It's horrible to think your child won't come back from going to the store, shopping, school, etc but it happens everyday. There were 4 minutes that Zimmerman lost sight of Martin, that's when Martin should have gone on home instead of coming back and confronting Zimmerman. Maybe his decision making abilities were altered from the drug use? What other reason would he have to come back and confront that "creepy ass cracker?"

I'm sure the parents of the baseball player in OK thought they would be watching him play this year. Instead he was gunned down by 3 "bored" "children" while out for a run. Where's the outrage?

People are going to see this case different ways, depending on what they focus on, and that's fine. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. When you look at the whole picture and all the details, it puts it in a  different perspective.

This case is over, Zimmerman was found innocent, the parents have their money, and Eric Holder is not going to find anything.

tropicalsoul

hi tropicalsoul

im outraged by the Australin oh my im so sorry for his parents and girlfriend :'(

when will this violence ever end?

its very upsetting.

hi tropicalsoul

im outraged by the Australin oh my im so sorry for his parents and girlfriend :'(

its very upsetting.

I feel the same way. I'm devastated for his family. He turned down a football scholarship to come to America to play baseball....

I believe the violence is getting worse instead of better.....

hi tropicalsoul

its very upsetting.

I feel the same way. I'm devastated for his family. He turned down a football scholarship to come to America to play baseball....

i do, too.

where oh where o they get guns?? He did not have a chance. he just went out for a jog :'(

there are some sick people out there.....

do you think its the vilent movies and violent video games?? we did not have this violence when i grew up.

not that i remember.

hi tropicalsoul

its very upsetting.

i do, too.

where oh where o they get guns?? He did not have a chance. he just went out for a jog :'(

there are some sick people out there.....

do you think its the vilent movies and violent video games?? we did not have this violence when i grew up.

not that i remember.

Whether they ban guns or not people like that will always be able to get guns. It's just like drugs, if you want it you can find it. There is always someone out there willing to sell it to you.

No, we didn't have this violence when we were growing up. There was more respect and caring in the world. I think the breakdown of society is a big cause of violence. People think they should be able to get ahead in the world by taking it from someone else. That's not the reason for this crime though, this crime was based on the lack of respect for humanity. I know one of them said they were 'bored and wanted to watch someone die' but I think it was more than that.

I think the violence in movies, video games, violent rap songs, lack of parenting and not being held accountable for their actions all help perpetuate the break down of society. It dulls the brain and soul worse then as benzos.

Gardenia,

17 year old is closer to being a man than a boy. I'm sorry but outside of media, and into reality, it is.

I don't think he was as innocent as the media says either. There's no way I buy he wasn't up to no good.

He never returned home because of his actions.

This violence has been happening for years. It just wasn't in the public eye.

Fact is, these kind of crimes happen everyday somewhere. It's just that this case was in the media because Obama stuck his nose in it, and it became a racial crime. Which it wasn't racial to begin with. If it was, then I have no doubt that this Trayvon said something racial first.

Even Trayvon's friend Rachel Jeantel said he used the term "cracker", but he didn't know it was racist! Yeah right!

Since when is being a troubled teen punishable by death?

There's no question in my mind that if Trayvon Martin had been white, he'd still be alive.

An illuminating social experiment for those who think otherwise:

Martin died because he was beating the hell out of they guy, slamming his head on the sidewalk, telling him he was going to kill him. If he had been white, green or purple it would have had the same outcome.

Like I said, people look at this from different points of view, that's your view and that's fine.

Yes, I believe his story. No one calls 911, knows the police are coming and then goes ahead and shoots someone for the fun of it. Do you really think he inflicted those wounds on himself? They investigated him from the day he was born and if they could have found one shred of evidence that he was a racist they would have charged him. From Eric Holder and Obama to the FBI, they tried to find something on him that was racist and couldn't.

Martin's punishment for being a troubled teen was to be sent to Sanford to stay with his father. His decisions after that are what cost him his life. If Zimmerman had not had a gun he would be the one dead.

Okay, so you believe Zimmerman's story. I don't. I think Zimmerman is a liar, a racist, and a murderer.

I don't think Zimmerman is a racist. Why is he racist for protecting himself? Because he is half hispanic, half white?

I will tell you this! I am half hispanic and half white myself, and if anyone was beating the hell out of me, slamming my head against concrete... I would have done the same thing as Zimmerman!

Does that make me racist?  If so, America is going in the wrong direction!

This case wasn't even about racism until O obama stuck his nose in it! Just this week a white veteran was killed by a thug. Where the hell is the media on this?

Obama's utopia is starting to fall apart!

I agree Nice pic of him this week posing buying another gun

Only in America!! :crazy:

He was touring a gun manufacturing company. No where does it say he bought a gun.

Apparently just a few days after being acquitted he came out of seclusion and helped to rescue a family of 4 whose vehicle had overturned on a highway in Florida.

Why didn't that get the same amount of attention?

Apparently just a few days after being acquitted he came out of seclusion and helped to rescue a family of 4 whose vehicle had overturned on a highway in Florida.

That's true, he did. It was on a few places in the Internet but didn't get the attention of him touring a manufacturing company. That's the media for you. Like I said, if there was any way they could have convicted him they would have.

IMO, It didn't get the same attention because it wasn't part of the Pro Obama agenda. See, Martin's case was part of that agenda. It, of course was about political correctness. Just like the Paula Deen case, it to, was part of the agenda of this political correctness.

It's just a phase in time, it will burn out. It already is, because people aren't falling so hard as the media and Obama would like.

I hear there's still a civil case against Zimmerman, but I highly doubt this. I also hear Zimmerman is going to sue MSNBC, and I think he should!