Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

martin-zimmerman case

[Ga...]

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [tr...]

• [Ga...]

• [Bi...]

• [Mu...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Regardless of everyone's opinion (and you know what they say about opinions) the crux of the whole issue is on the 911 tape he was told not to follow travon martin and disobeyed an order and followed and then got out of his car. If he had did what he was told not to do travon martin would still be alive today.  Plain and simple. Right is right and wrong is wrong!

Zimmerman is INNOCENT!

Justice was served!

The case wasn't even racial to begin with. Until Obama stuck his nose in it from the start!

One of the worse, incompetent presidents America has ever had!

The mainstream Liberal media is Pro Trayvon, and want people to think Zimmerman capped Treyvon because of his skin color, and that's NOT the case!

Here in NY, not many people buy into MSM.

Regardless of everyone's opinion (and you know what they say about opinions) the crux of the whole issue is on the 911 tape he was told not to follow travon martin and disobeyed an order and followed and then got out of his car. If he had did what he was told not to do travon martin would still be alive today.  Plain and simple. Right is right and wrong is wrong!

The 'crux' of this issue is who threw the first punch. Zimmerman didn't break any laws getting out of his car, nor was he confronting Martin. Martin should have gone home during those 4 minutes Zimmerman lost sight of him instead of coming back and attacking him. You are right, right is right and wrong is wrong, and it is wrong to attack someone, beat his head against the sidewalk and tell him he is going to die.

The 'crux' of this issue is who threw the first punch. Zimmerman didn't break any laws getting out of his car, nor was he confronting Martin. Martin should have gone home during those 4 minutes Zimmerman lost sight of him instead of coming back and attacking him. You are right, right is right and wrong is wrong, and it is wrong to attack someone, beat his head against the sidewalk and tell him he is going to die.

Absolutely agree!

Martin was just another thug looking for trouble, and he found the WRONG person to pick on!

If someone was bashing my head against a sidewalk... I would kill them to. I don't care what race they are!

Zimmerman is INNOCENT!

Justice was served!

The case wasn't even racial to begin with. Until Obama stuck his nose in it from the start!

The mainstream Liberal media is Pro Trayvon, and want people to think Zimmerman capped Treyvon because of his skin color, and that's NOT the case!

Hello BillyF,

Please tone down your remarks, which in this case are political and inflammatory.  This is a subject that evokes widely differing opinions, and tolerance is the key.  This is from our rules:

•Be polite towards, and respectful of, your fellow Buddies. We do not tolerate attacks upon fellow members. Any account created for the purposes of causing arguments and/or ill-feeling, will be banned.

Megan

Zimmerman is INNOCENT!

Justice was served!

Hello BillyF,

Please tone down your remarks, which in this case are political and inflammatory.  This is a subject that evokes widely differing opinions, and tolerance is the key.  This is from our rules:

•Be polite towards, and respectful of, your fellow Buddies. We do not tolerate attacks upon fellow members. Any account created for the purposes of causing arguments and/or ill-feeling, will be banned.

Megan

I'm sorry. I won't type out anything Anti - Liberal. I know all to well how sensitive they are, and take things completely the wrong way! If you live in America, you know exactly what I'm talking about.

I should have just typed: Zimmerman is INNOCENT, in which he is!

I'm sorry. I won't type out anything Anti - Liberal. I know all to well how sensitive they are' date=' and take things completely the wrong way![/b'] If you live in America, you know exactly what I'm talking about.

Your sarcasm is not appreciated. I don't care which side of the political spectrum you're on, this forum is not the correct place for this kind of discourse. If you want to engage in heated political arguments, there are plenty of suitable outlets for that on the internet.

This is your second warning to please cool it.

I'm sorry. I won't type out anything Anti - Liberal. I know all to well how sensitive they are' date=' and take things completely the wrong way![/b'] If you live in America, you know exactly what I'm talking about.

Your sarcasm is not appreciated. I don't care which side of the political spectrum you're on, this forum is not the correct place for this kind of discourse. If you want to engage in heated political arguments, there are plenty of suitable outlets for that on the internet.

This is your second warning to please cool it.

Then I'll just leave, it doesn't matter to me! If you don't want heated remarks, then don't permit heated threads! I seen it bothering no one, but the moderators for some strange reason. My guess is they're Liberals.

I'm on neither side of political fence. Does no good to be! Same shit, different labels!

I seen it bothering no one, but the moderators for some strange reason. My guess is they're Liberals.

This thread got moderation attention because multiple people found your posts, specifically, upsetting. There is no agenda here beyond providing a safe and reasonable place for people to work through issues related to withdrawal. This specific forum is here to give a home to threads which inherently do not have anything to do with benzos, but that does not mean that the normal forum rules do not apply.

A really shocking case . :-\  A young bloke TM who went to the store & didn't come home alive.The jury have a hard time with vague or complicated evidence. I have just sat on a jury myself & we all had to have a unanimous verdict, not easy, & quite aggressive undertones to the group dynamics . I am not in the U.S. though .

None of us here, and no one in the media, were there that night or knew what happened. I'm comfortable with the jury's verdict, because I believe people should always be acquitted if there's a question about their guilt.

However, the US is the only first world country where this could have happened, because we're one of the only countries period that let people like George Zimmerman carry guns and use lethal force in the protection of property. So, the problems I see aren't with Zimmerman, they are systemic, and indicative of a country in love with a culture of death and material excess.

In Europe this case has been all over the news as well. I did some reading and what I've read is that Trayvon Martin wasn't quite that innocent kid (not a kid really...) people who shout "racism!" would like us to believe. Speaking about racism, are white people who are victims of black criminals seen as victims of racism? And how 'white' is Zimmerman?

Apart from what happened I see this case as another example of excessive political correctness which I strongly believe is contraproductive of succesful integration of immigrants/minorities.

I seen it bothering no one, but the moderators for some strange reason. My guess is they're Liberals.

This thread got moderation attention because multiple people found your posts, specifically, upsetting. There is no agenda here beyond providing a safe and reasonable place for people to work through issues related to withdrawal. This specific forum is here to give a home to threads which inherently do not have anything to do with benzos, but that does not mean that the normal forum rules do not apply.

All I know is Zimmerman is a free man. Justice was served, and I, for one am happy to see the Justice system still works here in America.

Sorry for causing problems and upsetting those who found my remarks upsetting.  :(

Got to go, places to go, people to see. Feels so good to be healthy and alive!

Spengler,

".. . a culture in love with death and material excess."

As you know, I am personally in favor of the free exchange of ideas.  I also have very thick skin and broad shoulders.

But you as a moderator have nerve criticizing Billy, and then making an inflammatory statement like that.  I personally like it, but it is inconsistent with BB policies.

I personally am in love with freedom.  Death and materials are just the inevitable consequences.

Be well and good luck,

Ramcon1

I've noticed a strong liberal political bent among posters on BB. Obama beat Romney by something like 52-48 percent in the last US presidential election but the political poll on BB had him winning overwhelmingly by something around 80-90% to Romney's 10-20%. An interesting question is are people left of  center politically more likely to take drugs or to seek help for it than righties?

For the record, I favor the libertarian wing of the republican party and am an NRA member.

I've noticed a strong liberal political bent among posters on BB. Obama beat Romney by something like 52-48 percent in the last US presidential election but the political poll on BB had him winning overwhelmingly by something around 80-90% to Romney's 10-20%. An interesting question is are people left of  center politically more likely to take drugs or to seek help for it than righties?

For the record, I favor the libertarian wing of the republican party and am an NRA member.

I really don't think the forum is that hardcore on politics, but I do think there are liberals on the forum. If there wasn't, then why would they have complained on me, blowing my comment out of proportion.

Obama has barely won both times. The media wants you to believe it was a landslide, but that's hardly the case.

All a person has to do is google up the elections of Clinton, and see for themselves. Clinton won many more states than Obama. Reagan's elections were a good example of a landslide, he won almost every state within both elections.

As far as your question, it's a bit hard to answer. I think no matter what party, the person is going to seek some help. To answer about who is more likely to take drugs, the left side.

For the record, I'm neither donkey or ELephant. I'm pretty much Independent.

None of us here, and no one in the media, were there that night or knew what happened. I'm comfortable with the jury's verdict, because I believe people should always be acquitted if there's a question about their guilt.

However, the US is the only first world country where this could have happened, because we're one of the only countries period that let people like George Zimmerman carry guns and use lethal force in the protection of property. So, the problems I see aren't with Zimmerman, they are systemic, and indicative of a country in love with a culture of death and material excess.

Spengler,

This is your opinion. Not all of us are Anti - Gun. I, for one am for guns. I see nothing wrong with carrying a gun to protect yourself. If someone was on top of you, bashing your head into concrete, and you had a gun... you're telling me you wouldn't fire at him? I don't buy that you wouldn't.

Commonsense tells me you are going to do whatever to keep yourself safe.

Taking away guns IMO is a step to communism, and believe me... we don't want that!

Also, if guns were banned, we would see a very high crime rate.

I'll leave it alone there, but before you warn me, you yourself need to go by the rules, and not using quotes to support your theories, or your political agenda.

Spengler,

".. . a culture in love with death and material excess."

As you know, I am personally in favor of the free exchange of ideas.  I also have very thick skin and broad shoulders.

But you as a moderator have nerve criticizing Billy, and then making an inflammatory statement like that.  I personally like it, but it is inconsistent with BB policies.

I personally am in love with freedom.  Death and materials are just the inevitable consequences.

Be well and good luck,

Ramcon1

Ramcon1,

You are right, that statement is inflammatory.  America is not  ".. . a culture in love with death and material excess.", I find this statement offensive. Not only is it offensive, it's just that kind of a mind blowing statement where I have to wonder where you live and what kind of people you hang around. Are you even in United States?

What we love in America is our freedom and our right to choose. And yes, that includes owning guns and protecting property that we have worked hard for. You've heard it before and I'm going to say it again. You outlaw guns and only the outlaws will have guns. Crime would skyrocket. 

While everyone is entitled to their own opinion it's disheartening to come on here and read statements like this, you feel your Country is being unfairly criticized and it puts you on the defensive. America is a wonderful country, it is not defined by the sensationalism of what the media likes to report or what certain people like to portray to keep their names in the news.

Bart, Billy, and Tropical,

Thank you for sticking up for freedom and America.  We like to think that because we all speak English we have a common culture, and nothing could be further from the truth.  The US was founded on freedom, and we hold that principle very dear.  What liberal minded people in general, and in particular those who are not Americans do not understand is that their freedom to shout that we have too much freedom is protected by the other side.

When elected emperor, I hope to fix that ;)

Be well and good luck,

Ramcon1

The truth is not many countries like America. It's because of their jealousy and own greed. They like to buy, sell, trade with America, yet, they don't want America in the picture. They think we have too much freedom, or too wealthy, etc.

Oh, how they would love to see America crumble.

I don't know where Spengler is from. The way he talks, some communist, third world country.

He may even have limited internet access there.  :laugh:

The truth is not many countries like America. It's because of their jealousy and own greed. They like to buy, sell, trade with America, yet, they don't want America in the picture. They think we have too much freedom, or too wealthy, etc.

I don't know where Spengler is from. The way he talks, some communist, third world country.

Come on Billy,

Everyone has a right to his opinion, including Spengler, who is a highly intelligent, articulate person.  Just because someone's opinion differs from yours doesn't mean they are "un-American." 

I am asking that all posters please return to this thread's original purpose/theme, or stop posting to it.  Thank you.

Megan

Come on Billy,

Everyone has a right to his opinion, including Spengler, who is a highly intelligent, articulate person.  Just because someone's opinion differs from yours doesn't mean they are "un-American." 

I am asking that all posters please return to this thread's original purpose/theme, or stop posting to it.  Thank you.

Megan

Hello Megan,

He warned me about posting against the forum rules, and then posted something that went against them himself.

Why get on a forum where there are many Americans and post what he did? No, what he typed was very hateful, and it was baited to get under people's skin. That's pretty clear.

He's no better than anyone else on here.

Sometimes the babysitter is more childish than the kids they watch after.

I'm done here with this thread.