Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

martin-zimmerman case

[Ga...]

I have lost faith in this site. I'm out. Need healing, not racism hiding behind a misguided (very dangerous) gun law. IMHO.

Good luck to us all,

(Not so) cheery

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [tr...]

• [Ga...]

• [Bi...]

• [Mu...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Me happy you got all that straight I think you feel better now jejejeje but the 911 call with the gunshot was at 7:16:55, as far as the court said. I hope you no get upset now with this news jejejeje

Si this is "off topic" board and the Zimmerman/Martin thread....if you fragile and need healing and support stay in those areas......racism? I see no racism on this thread :(

Me happy you got all that straight I think you feel better now jejejeje but the 911 call with the gunshot was at 7:16:55, as far as the court said. I hope you no get upset now with this news jejejeje

You are right, it was a little after 7.  No, I don't get upset with facts, actual debates, opinions, etc.  :)

Si this is "off topic" board and the Zimmerman/Martin thread....if you fragile and need healing and support stay in those areas......racism? I see no racism on this thread :(

:thumbsup:

its gun laws. they are damn scary.

a woman fired off a warning shot at ex hubby who was abusive and she got 20 yrs.....

zimmerman kills 17 yr old and it took 44 days before he even got arrested.

I'll just say this...I wish we had a neighborhood watch the night three teenaged punks decided they were bored...somehow broke into cars undetected and thought it would be really cool to take registrations, car titles, insurance cards and whatever else they could find in the glove compartments.  They walked a block and threw them in the river.  I wish they had just stolen the electronics...at least our insurance would have covered the loss. It cost us hours of time at motor vehicle replacing all those items, plus hundreds of dollars...they even took my handicap sticker.  They did this to ten cars.

Just sayin'.

damaged,

sorry about that.

yrs ago we went on vacation and while we were gone kid next door broke in basement and stole hubbys tools, threw them in nearby pond. grrr

MustangSally,

I warned you through a PM to discontinue this charade you have started trying to act like you are a non English speaking person.  This is ridiculous and insulting to members here on the forum. 

Everyone who is in benzo withdrawal is fragile and no one should be told to stay away from a particular thread. You certainly have no right to tell them that, it is completely inappropriate.

I will remind you about our forum policy in terms of behavior:

•Be polite towards, and respectful of, your fellow Buddies. We do not tolerate attacks upon fellow members. Any account created for the purposes of causing arguments and/or ill-feeling, will be banned.

pianogirl

After reading her post I thought there was something 'off' but didn't want to jump to conclusions.  ::) I never have figured out why people want to do those kinds of things.

Well, let's get some facts straight first.  It wasn't at 7:15 pm or at lunch, it was 2am on a rainy night. "Stand your ground" was not used by the defense, they made their case by using "self defense." The prosecution didn't do such a horrible job, they didn't have much to work with. The police didn't tell Zimmerman to stay in his car, that was a dispatcher. Zimmerman got out of his car to look for a street sign and to try and see where Martin had gone (he was walking between houses), he was not actually pursuing him.

There are many facts about this story that the media and race baiters didn't want out so they chose not to report them. Just as the FL state prosecutor has been indicted for filing a wrongful warrant for Zimmerman's arrest. When an employee for her office had to testify under oath what she did she fired him. A reporter for NBC altered the 911 call to make it look like Zimmerman was profiling, they only lost their jobs when another news network found it and reported what they did. The media only showed the picture of him in that hoodie when he was quite young, they didn't show pics of the 6ft, 175 lb football player. He was much bigger and stronger than Zimmerman.

Martin was from Miami, what was he doing in Sanford during a school year? Visiting his father? Well, yes, he was. He had gotten suspended from school for the 4th time, 10 days out of school suspension, plus other issues (theft, drugs, beating up his bus driver) that his mom sent him to stay with his father. That's what he was doing in Sanford.

Many, many communities across the United States are gated and many have HOA's that have neighborhood watch programs. There had been many, many break-in's/burglaries in that neighborhood and people were happy to have someone watching out for them. When this first happened the neighbors supported Zimmerman and then they became scared. Martin's parents sued the HOA and settled for over a million dollars.

This is a tragedy, there is no doubt about it. My heart and prayers go out to both families, they have both suffered a tremendous loss. Bad decisions were made by both Martin and Zimmerman. There is no doubt that Martin attacked Zimmerman first, that was proven in court. Martin didn't have a gun but he did have his fist (he belonged to a fight club) and a concrete sidewalk. There is no doubt in my mind that Zimmerman feared for his life.

Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton and the media screamed for Zimmerman's arrest, they got it. They screamed for a trial, they got it. And now that it hasn't turned out the way they wanted they are blaming the jury, the prosecutor, the state of FL, Rick Scott (FL's governor), the people of FL have been called every name imaginable. There are marches and protest everywhere. Like I said, this is truly a tragedy and there are many people hurting. The police chief in Sanford lost his job because certain people/groups didn't think he was doing it right, other officers were suspended and reprimanded. They were right all along.

I'm sorry if this sounds like a rant but there is so much bad information out there that is forming people's opinion, they only get their info from the headlines, and info that's not being reported that it's nauseating. There are many other crimes that are more horrific than this one and they get no attention.  Like the 3 month old child that was shot while 3 'boys' were robbing the mother. That child was truly innocent.

i didnt know they sued and settled for a million $$$

this whole thing sure spun out of control. if both wouldve backed off this wouldve never have happened.

i agree, the 3 mo old baby being killed was horrendous.

Here's a good youtube that skims why it happened and how the story was spun out of control.

The story about the woman shooting warning shots and getting 20 years is another story getting a lot of headlines but the whole story isn't being told there either.  Now, I agree something should have been done about her abusive ex, there are far too many women dying because of domestic abuse. She left the scene and went and got the gun, came back and starting shooting. Even though she called it warning shots you can't do that, it's called "brandishing a weapon" and it's against the law. Even though the sentence seems harsh the judge gave her the minimum sentence for the crime, he has rules and laws he has to abide by also. She turned down a 3 yr plea deal. :/

Here's a good youtube that skims why it happened and how the story was spun out of control.

The story about the woman shooting warning shots and getting 20 years is another story getting a lot of headlines but the whole story isn't being told there either.  Now, I agree something should have been done about her abusive ex, there are far too many women dying because of domestic abuse. She left the scene and went and got the gun, came back and starting shooting. Even though she called it warning shots you can't do that, it's called "brandishing a weapon" and it's against the law. Even though the sentence seems harsh the judge gave her the minimum sentence for the crime, he has rules and laws he has to abide by also. She turned down a 3 yr plea deal. :/

hi tropic,

thx, i will check out the youtube vid.

when the  trayvon thing first broke i thought omG why are they shooting 17 yr olds. i had 17 yr old son once so....as a mom it was first thing to pop in my mind.

over the yrs we have had things tolen like, plants off the picnic table, tire from bottom of suv, gas can from garage, etc. its agravating but im glad its minor.

She say she lost faith in this site, she fragile and need support??? So I point out she should stay in those areas, I no say don't come here,,,,Same if you watch tv during taper, you learn to watch the good show and skip the bad, I dOnt think she understood "off topic" sign :(

Why are you still acting like your  non English speaking Mustangsally???    That is weird! To each his own.  :idiot: :idiot: :idiot: :idiot: :idiot:

Actually I haf a whole new pack of Hispanic friends that I talk to everyday and the lingo just sticks with me after visiting with them, I tend to pick up things like that for some reason, I dunno why papi! I jus lof it!!

I think you might be disrespecting some people. But if that's how you get your kicks, just doesn't seem right.  Just saying

Hey so, are you completely off benzo? U take anything else? Dr put me on lexapro 5 mg today for depression, he said it will help with taper too, I can't find anyone else that takes it yet on here tho..,,

Si, yes, but it was lexapro, I guess it's the same, low dose anti depressant...I jus hate to add another pill to the mix :(

I've had no trouble with it. It's helped sooo much. But that's just me it might be different for you. Is this JamesK?