Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

martin-zimmerman case

[Ga...]

is anyone watching the trial?

its hard to tell if GZ is a bully or it was self defense.

i just dont see why he kept following Trayvon. i would not follow someone at night. even cops told him not to.

Maybe hes a charles bronson wannabe ::)

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [tr...]

• [Ga...]

• [Bi...]

• [Mu...]

Top Posters In This Topic

I have followed the story over the last year but have not been watching the trial.. My opinion is that, even if Trayvon attacked him after Zimmerman followed him, it's Z's fault.  The police even told him not to get out of the car, that they were on the way.  I think you are right about him being a wanna be enforcer.

i know, he shouldve listened tothe police! and another thing i thought of, it was only about 7:15 at night. it wasnt that late for omeone to be walking home from a 7-11.

[da...]

If you actually LISTEN to his story- he DIDN'T follow him. He was looking for a street address to tell the cops where he was- he was on the phone with them almost the whole time this was happening.

Also, if you give the guy a chance to present all the evidence, perhaps you'll learn more. Last I checked, people in this country are INNOCENT until proven guilty- regardless of what the stupid media wishes to portray. It's too bad he was tried in a court of public opinion first. Because in reality, what you or anyone else THINKS really doesn't matter. There's six jury members- those are the people who hear the FACTS and make a decision.

Lastly- there is no crime in following someone. Ever see the paparazzi?? They do it ALL THE TIME. The crime is in beating someone's ass-and there's already been testimony to that- TM was straddling him in an MMA "ground and pound" style and punching the hell out of GZ who was screaming for HELP. At that point, you're damned right it was self defense. TREYVON made this racial- and called George to his friend on the phone a "creepy ass cracker", despite the fact that George is HISPANIC and not even white.

I, personally, plan to watch the rest of the trial- get more FACTS - and make my decision that way. I don't do this "guilty before innocent" crap, based on what the media portrays.

If you actually LISTEN to his story- he DIDN'T follow him. He was looking for a street address to tell the cops where he was- he was on the phone with them almost the whole time this was happening.

Also, if you give the guy a chance to present all the evidence, perhaps you'll learn more. Last I checked, people in this country are INNOCENT until proven guilty- regardless of what the stupid media wishes to portray. It's too bad he was tried in a court of public opinion first. Because in reality, what you or anyone else THINKS really doesn't matter. There's six jury members- those are the people who hear the FACTS and make a decision.

Lastly- there is no crime in following someone. Ever see the paparazzi?? They do it ALL THE TIME. The crime is in beating someone's ass-and there's already been testimony to that- TM was straddling him in an MMA "ground and pound" style and punching the hell out of GZ who was screaming for HELP. At that point, you're damned right it was self defense. TREYVON made this racial- and called George to his friend on the phone a "creepy ass cracker", despite the fact that George is HISPANIC and not even white.

I, personally, plan to watch the rest of the trial- get more FACTS - and make my decision that way. I don't do this "guilty before innocent" crap, based on what the media portrays.

i did not say GZ was guilty.

i am watching the rest of the trial. i need to hear GZ's version.

the thought of an armed neighborhood watch guy walking around a place is scary.

i think gz said something to tm. tm got fed up and jumped him....

that is only from the testimony so far...

Simmer down elocin !!  Lol.        Gardenia,    I wouldnt want an armed guy (wanna be cop) walking around with weapon!!!  We shall se what happens.

[da...]

People are allowed to bear arms as well. It's called a conceal and carry permit. He had one. His gun was legal.

There also isn't any law against being a neighborhood watch person.

You guys are trying to try him based on what you think is "scary" and "not scary" and that's not how the system works.

"Saying something" to someone isn't a crime either, last I checked. Even if you follow them (which I don't think he did) and say something. Paparazzi do it all the time. Follow people (sometimes chasing them) and shoving microphones in their faces and saying things.

"Getting fed up" and kicking someone's ass IS a crime- and if someone is pounding your head into the concrete, you have a right to defend yourself.

Hopefully there's less ignorance on the jury than there is in this discussion.

'

You really need to chill and watch who your calling ignorant!!!! Everyone is entitled to there opinion. By the way no one said he's guilty, that's for the jury to decide. I could play devils advocate right now and say that your faulting a dead person, but I choose to let you express your opinion. Before you start shooting your mouth off (no punn intended) learn to decipher between someone telling their opinion and someone telling you factual info.

I think Zimmerman will either be found not guilty or there will be a hung jury. So far, the prosecution's case has been disastrous.

[da...]

You really need to chill and watch who your calling ignorant!!!! Everyone is entitled to there opinion. By the way no one said he's guilty, that's for the jury to decide. I could play devils advocate right now and say that your faulting a dead person, but I choose to let you express your opinion. Before you start shooting your mouth off (no punn intended) learn to decipher between someone telling their opinion and someone telling you factual info.

Actually when someone's being tried in court - opinions don't mean anything. You're free to give your opinion, yes. That doesn't mean it has anything to do with FACTS which are being shown as evidence in court. I never "faulted a dead person" other than to say that he committed a crime. Which....he did. Those are the facts. TM committed assault. George defended himself. And I never called anyone ignorant. I think your opinions (which you stomped your feet and insisted you're entitled to) are ignorant, yes.

if we were all on the jury we'd be sticking to facts.

it would be hard being sequestered, etc. TM PARENTS  are there, too. im sure they have always wondered what happened to their son :(

do you all watch it on HLN?

I think Zimmerman provoked the fight,but found himself on the losing end,and shot that kid out of anger.

Watching the trial is very difficult as I have a young son Can you imagine if your child

goes out to the store for candy and never comes BACK

Why was GZ carrying a gun going to the store for lunch food

TM did not deserve to DIE  :(

I think Zimmerman provoked the fight,but found himself on the losing end,and shot that kid out of anger.

i do, too

he followed TM. We will only get his version of what happened.

I do not want neighborhood watch thing here. because there will always be over zelous types :o

the last thing i want is to look out front and see a dead kid.

ive had a few probs here over yrs but i call police. the last time, over 8 yr ago they sent 5 cars out and a k9 unit.

all went home in one piece though :thumbsup:

i do feel sorry for TM'S FAM. i saw the bro and mom talking on the stand :'( really heart breaking.

I'm with you Gardenia.  This shouldn't have happened. I couldn't imagine losing a child. You may as well kill me if something happened to one,of my kids. I thank my God every night for what I have.

I'm with you Gardenia.  This shouldn't have happened. I couldn't imagine losing a child. You may as well kill me if something happened to one,of my kids. I thank my God every night for what I have.

verdict is in. new precedent set.

how would this have played out if trayvon martin had also had a gun?

i do not believe (after hearing testimony) gz was in fear for his life. he couldve went to er, he chose not to.

he should be glad he only got some abrasions on his head. and we will never get the full story of what happened.

pleasehelp, i afee its got to be some awful news to get, just heartbreaking :(

"new precedent set"....what precedent would that be?

the stand your ground law.

new precedent set with this case.

not neccesarilly good.

I thought the stand your ground law didn't apply in the case, since Z got out of his car and "appeared" to pursue M

Well, let's get some facts straight first.  It wasn't at 7:15 pm or at lunch, it was 2am on a rainy night. "Stand your ground" was not used by the defense, they made their case by using "self defense." The prosecution didn't do such a horrible job, they didn't have much to work with. The police didn't tell Zimmerman to stay in his car, that was a dispatcher. Zimmerman got out of his car to look for a street sign and to try and see where Martin had gone (he was walking between houses), he was not actually pursuing him.

There are many facts about this story that the media and race baiters didn't want out so they chose not to report them. Just as the FL state prosecutor has been indicted for filing a wrongful warrant for Zimmerman's arrest. When an employee for her office had to testify under oath what she did she fired him. A reporter for NBC altered the 911 call to make it look like Zimmerman was profiling, they only lost their jobs when another news network found it and reported what they did. The media only showed the picture of him in that hoodie when he was quite young, they didn't show pics of the 6ft, 175 lb football player. He was much bigger and stronger than Zimmerman.

Martin was from Miami, what was he doing in Sanford during a school year? Visiting his father? Well, yes, he was. He had gotten suspended from school for the 4th time, 10 days out of school suspension, plus other issues (theft, drugs, beating up his bus driver) that his mom sent him to stay with his father. That's what he was doing in Sanford.

Many, many communities across the United States are gated and many have HOA's that have neighborhood watch programs. There had been many, many break-in's/burglaries in that neighborhood and people were happy to have someone watching out for them. When this first happened the neighbors supported Zimmerman and then they became scared. Martin's parents sued the HOA and settled for over a million dollars.

This is a tragedy, there is no doubt about it. My heart and prayers go out to both families, they have both suffered a tremendous loss. Bad decisions were made by both Martin and Zimmerman. There is no doubt that Martin attacked Zimmerman first, that was proven in court. Martin didn't have a gun but he did have his fist (he belonged to a fight club) and a concrete sidewalk. There is no doubt in my mind that Zimmerman feared for his life.

Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton and the media screamed for Zimmerman's arrest, they got it. They screamed for a trial, they got it. And now that it hasn't turned out the way they wanted they are blaming the jury, the prosecutor, the state of FL, Rick Scott (FL's governor), the people of FL have been called every name imaginable. There are marches and protest everywhere. Like I said, this is truly a tragedy and there are many people hurting. The police chief in Sanford lost his job because certain people/groups didn't think he was doing it right, other officers were suspended and reprimanded. They were right all along.

I'm sorry if this sounds like a rant but there is so much bad information out there that is forming people's opinion, they only get their info from the headlines, and info that's not being reported that it's nauseating. There are many other crimes that are more horrific than this one and they get no attention.  Like the 3 month old child that was shot while 3 'boys' were robbing the mother. That child was truly innocent.