Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

motorcycles

[on...]

I'm so sad!  I'm in w/d this summer and cannot ride my MC.  It's out in the shed with the battery not even back in it from the winter.  I kept the insurance and reg. up on it, so I'm hopeful I'll ride again one day.  Anyway.....I own a Yamaha Virago 535cc shaftdrive cruiser, which I bought many years ago.  It's  black/gunmetal, and perfect for a female rider who might be new to the road.  Never had the money to get anything else in the past years, and I like it well enough.  Could use a bit more engine power though, but it only weighs over 400 lbs. so easy to push if needed.  I owned many other older bikes and always had to push them when they broke down.  I did my own valve adjustment a few years ago and didn't do it quite right so now I'm having backfiring out the exhaust.  But, it sure was fun trying.  I did finally get on Youtube to get the technique right.  I always loved to work on my mc outside on my concrete slab on a nice warm summer day.  I had a male friend who showed me alot about the guts of a bike and how things work.  I loved to wash and wax it and keep it looking nice.  No rust on my bike.  My license plate frame says:  "LIVE TO RIDE"  I always loved to ride those back country roads and smell the flowers as you're cruising past.  I miss riding so much this summer.  I love Yamaha, they make such good bikes.  I can't remember the name of that classic movie made in the early 70's about riding?  I remember watching Evil Kneivel do the snake river canyon, he was a wild guy for sure, and his son Robby, when he did live jumps on Fox network years ago.  I decorated my own MC riding jackets, with lots of stuff on the back.  That was fun.  I have a very cool red/black matte helmet that is unique and highly visible for safety.  I got caught riding in  a supercell thunderstorm last summer on the highway.  Whew that was a trip.  And also another thunderstorm and flooding across the roads at night riding home from a friend's house while in tolerance w/d.  I could still function last summer on these benzo's though I was losing some of my balance a bit and lost some of the joy of riding--I sensed something was wrong, but didn't know what, I was losing my concentration a bit.  If someone wants to know what it feels like to ride, I tell them, it's like being on an amusement park ride for hours at a time, that's how much fun it is.  I feel like going out there tomorrow and jumping on it and going and see what happens.  I'm so frustrated what these pills have done to me.  It takes all your mental functioning, and then some, to be able to ride.  I always said it cures whatever ails ya, but in this case in w/d, that ain't the case.  I read Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance a few months ago.  What a strange book.  I liked reading the parts where he and his son were riding, not the philosophy.  But, its a classic, so it had to get read.  I live near the Harley Davidson manufacturing plant here in York, PA.  Never been to the museum.  Hey, I ride a foreign bike, can't go there. Just kidding.  Everyone on Harleys wave at me now, cause they think I'm on a harley too, I've got the V twin.  Well, that was fun and sad to talk about.  I keep my bike covered in the shed with an old cotton sofa slipcover to keep it breathing and keep the dirt out.  I won't uncover it to look at it, too painful.  Thanks for the thread.     

Fishingguy....noooooo, you don't sell - you hoarde  ;) . I owned 4 bikes 18 months ago. Had a pretty serious accident and decided for my familys sake I'd stop riding. . . . .I still only manged to sell 2 bikes though. Handy because my family decided for their mental health i need to ride from time to time!

Becksblue

You've got the bug too!! I don't like cruisers so much for myself, but I appreciate 2 wheels! The backfiring exhaust sounds cool, maybe you should leave it?  ;)  I love to travel the back roads too, I used to get up at 5am, and hit the hills and moorland roads and just ride and ride......my mind has always been calmest when occupied with the sensations of being on a bike (preferably a quick one  :D)

I like this

I got caught riding in  a supercell thunderstorm last summer on the highway.  Whew that was a trip.  And also another thunderstorm and flooding across the roads at night riding home from a friend's house while in tolerance w/d. 

Gave me a couple of memories. I was riding a bike for my friend from Jacksonville to SoBe. I was excited, I'm English and I was riding the stats for the 1st time. I got caught in the outer storms of Hurricane Katrina. Wet? Lost? Shiiiiiiiit, I should say so. I had to find a motel and hole up, when I came out in the morning my (friends) bike had blown over  :-\  Me setting off from Jacksonville http://sphotos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/197_10599081839_4626_n.jpg

The other memory was 2 weeks ago......4 days after jumping. I took my pride and joy out, highly tuned Aprila. Totally stupid of me. Horrible experience. And it was dry  - I bet your flooded w/d ride was somting to go thru!

I rode thru Pa a couple of times. I rented a Road King once (didn;t like it . . .you keep your foreign bike) and now own a bike in the US, but i've not been over to ride her in years. My last visit was thru the Midwest to northern WI and back. My bike on the Mississipi (big deal fro a Britt  :) ) http://sphotos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/600530_10150884081396840_706525433_n.jpg