Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Book suggestions--any kind of book--ideas?

[ig...]

Hi

My choice of books is getting wider, and have rejoined the library again!

Recent reads- The Lifeboat. A morality tale about survivors of a shipwreck. A bit gruesome but sort of funny and thought provoking.

The sisters Brothers. Patrick Dewitt. A blackly comic fable fable about two brothers during the gold rush- onyl half way through but really enjoying it.

Like you Ignatious, stories help to take me out of myself for a while. I am glad to be reading again as my sleeping gets more fractured.

Best wishes

magga

Anything by Anne Tyler,. Richard Russo., Margaret Atwood.

Just finished a book by a vet named Nick Trout. He's written 2 books, and if you like animals, you'll like either of them. "Tell me Where it Hurts" is one.

Amen to those suggestions! Maddaddam. Atwood. September!  :)

I recently 'stumbled' upon a new author (for me!): Meg Wolitzer. I'm currently reading the 3rd book by her and a 4th is on its way. Here are the titles in order of my reading, not publishing:

'The Interestings'

'The Position'

'The Wife'

book on order: 'Surrender Dorothy'

The Interestings is for those of us who primarily grew up in the 70's. It will definitely bring back a lot of memories.

I still have problems with reading - I get words mixed up, I have to re-read sentences and paragraphs several times sometimes, I find myself "gliding' over words too often. I CRS most of the time about what I've read.

But I still enjoy it! I could not live without reading. It has always been my greatest passion.

M.  :)