Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Chihuahua seizure makes me sad

[Qu...]

My little long hair chihuahua gets low blood sugar sometimes when she is out running around in the backyard making a general nuisance of herself and then has a seizure if I don't get it caught in time and give her something to bring it back up. Today I was not so lucky, I should have known something was up when she wanted to snuggle in the middle of the afternoon and sure enough she had a seizure. It was mercifully short, but now I think the poor little dear feels about as wrung out as I did all day and that is no fun!!

Oh, that's awful for both of you. I used to have a dog who had epilepsy and it was always hard to watch him have a seizure. Fortunately, once we got his meds sorted out, he went on to live a long and happy life.  So drugs can be very useful in some cases.

Hi QuietHope,

Sorry to hear about your little pal.  What are you feeding her?  When I was looking for relief from benzo w/d symptoms I came across this vet's site.

http://dogtorj.com/main-course/the-g-a-r-d-the-glutamate/the-g-a-r-d-made-simple-2/

He talks about foods that are especially bad for people and animals who exhibit neuro problems.  Apparently high glutamate soy and grain additives and fillers are now in almost everything - including pet foods and treats.

Hope she gets better.

Hi everyone...thanks for all the kind words! Isabel is fully recovered today and back to being the yappy little nuisance I know and love, lol. Her seizures are related to low blood sugar and I am also very careful to feed her only the best dog food. No grains, no soy. Her diet is very similar to mine - minus the chocolate, of course!

Best to all - QuietHope

Holy Crap! Saw a freaking FOX in our yard this morning. I would really prefer my little Isabel not become a meal!!  :o Good grief, what next??

Lock up your pets and small children people - it's not even safe in your own yard for pete's sake!!,

Take care, all! Quiet