Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Got this pm and its disturbing

[Ma...]

does your family know you are involved in a cult?

there have been at least nine suicides associated with benzo buddies

Maymay,

Pay no attention to this message. It was sent by an idiot who has no life and nothing but stupid thoughts in his small brain.

He has been banned.

pianogirl

I got one too maymay.

Dont worry about it. This is not a cult is it. Colin isn't asking for any money or threatening us if we want to leave.

Also the suicides he/she refers to is below average for the amount of people who use or visit benzo buddies with these types of issues. Sad but not statistically significant.

Just ignore it.

xx

I know guys. I tried to reply but it wouldn't let me. I wrote

Does your family know your an idiot? I think with 10000 members we have good odds.

It wouldn't let me send it but honestly their not worth my time you guys are.

Don't let it worry you.  I've received a disturbing PM and just reported it.  This place isn't a cult.  It's about the only place anyone can find understanding and advice on what we're all going through.  Buddies do care about you and their other buddies ...scragglers make their way in on occasion and try to cause trouble but it's whatev ...don't pay them any attention.

I'm going to move this topic to Chewing the Fat so that this board can retain its purpose of support and encouragement.

pianogirl

Well, heck, this is the healthiest, most supportive cult Ive ever heard of! LOL

If you get a PM  like this, IGNORE it. Dont try to reply. All that does is fuel the fires of the nutjob who's behind it. Report it to the Admin here...they know how to handle it.

A cult, indeed....Oh yeah.

east

Whats sad is the guy doing it is 59 years old and has hep c. You'd think someone would want to spend their last few years of good health out there enjoying life, instead of being on the internet 24/7, acting like a little snotty nosed brat kid wanting some attention. My guess is, this is the way he'll spend the rest of his days as long as he can use his fingers to type.

Its pretty obvious he has some serious mental health issues. My guess is, he is jealous of many people here that have a temporary problem and his is permanent, so he wants those people to be sick like him.

Its really hard not to be bitter towards someone like that, but holding resentment against someone is just letting them rent space inside your head and they win. I just chalk it off to this: mentallyy ill harmless little man acting tough on computer.

I hope he gets right with his maker before the end of his days.

[60...]

I'd like to know how anyone who is not a member manages to send PMs. Someone here who is posing as a member must be doing this because random 'guests' don't have the ability to send them. I didn't get the one mentioned here but I did get a similar one a few weeks ago. It apparently went to a large number of people.

However I did get a far more disturbing and threatening one several months ago from a bona fide member not ashamed of revealing identity!

Strange people outside and inside this place. I just report anything like this straight away. No point in attempting to answer.

I'd like to know how anyone who is not a member manages to send PMs. Someone here who is posing as a member must be doing this because random 'guests' don't have the ability to send them. I didn't get the one mentioned here but I did get a similar one a few weeks ago. It apparently went to a large number of people.

However I did get a far more disturbing and threatening one several months ago from a bona fide member not ashamed of revealing identity!

Strange people outside and inside this place. I just report anything like this straight away. No point in attempting to answer.

He slipped an account through the cracks. Probably got someone to join for him, then he logged in to the account. A lot of trouble to go through to be banned so fast.  :laugh:

HAS this person already been banned?

I, too, got a rather weird PM from an apparently legit member here. Wasnt threatening to me personally, but sort of at this forum. Very strange. I almost reported it, then decided to let it ride, as I suspect this person just has "other issues", if you get me. She/he sounded sort of drunk, too.

I guess it would be easy to have someone join here and "borrow" their name and password to post and PM. I think Mr Cesspool pretty regularly lurks here, but may not be posting, just stealing our posts for his own blog.

Heck, thats all Im gonna say about this, as the more we chat about it, the more he will DO this crazy stuff and who needs it?

east

[60...]

When I reported the really weird and threatening one ages ago, Hope and Colin were able to get onto it and deal with it straight away. I had found it quite upsetting.

It's probably best if they are notified about these things. If they are, bullying behaviour can be stopped straight away!  :)

The question should be HOW MANY LIVES HAS BB SAVED?  I think hundreds.

I was so lost when I cold turkey-ed.  Not even the Drs. thought of benzo withdrawal since I was off for two months so how could it be the benzo??  They brain scanned me 3 times looking for brain cancer, etc,  idiots!

Only BB shined the light on what was happening to me.  No more sitting in the dark in total fear. 

Thank you BB for shining the lights on for me.  One life saved ;)

Xana,

Although we have some of the best arrangements in place in terms of assuring that nefarious people don't gain membership to the forum, once in a while, one will set up an account that slips through our security procedures.

This happens very rarely and we take steps to ban the person as soon as possible. That is what happened today.  Megan was very prompt in removing the spam, and thats all it is, just spam and I banned the member.  He was able to send some PM's but they are not worth your attention. 

pianogirl

HAS this person already been banned?

I, too, got a rather weird PM from an apparently legit member here. Wasnt threatening to me personally, but sort of at this forum. Very strange. I almost reported it, then decided to let it ride, as I suspect this person just has "other issues", if you get me. She/he sounded sort of drunk, too.

I guess it would be easy to have someone join here and "borrow" their name and password to post and PM. I think Mr Cesspool pretty regularly lurks here, but may not be posting, just stealing our posts for his own blog.

Heck, thats all Im gonna say about this, as the more we chat about it, the more he will DO this crazy stuff and who needs it?

east

This person was banned as soon as I logged on to the forum and saw the reports.

pianogirl

Make that 2 lives saved.... me too

Make that 3......

Dammit, looks like I missed out on this latest round of manic drivel, but I've received other PMs in the past. They’re just lunatic ramblings from a certifiable dipstick.

well, hell - no one offered me a glass of the kool aid! Seriously though, this is most obviously NOT a cult, and I for one am grateful for the kind, supportive members that I have encountered.

Much Love - QH