Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Great movies and TV shows for distraction--let's make a huge list

[ig...]

Almost any Alfred Hitchcock movie, up to and including "Psycho!"  Hitchcock considered "Shadow of a Doubt," made in 1943, his best movie and I agree--it's perfect.  "The Birds" is a bit violent, though, but both these movies take place in Northern California "wine country," where I once lived.

i saw 'the Birds' yrs ago, it was kind of scary.

ive never seen "Shadow of a doubt". i hope to see it!

Just a warning - if you are not in such a great state right now then don't watch Game of Thrones S3 E9 The Rains of Castamere.  Wow ...

Spunky,

Brian Regan, Jim Gaffigan, and Frasier are on the top of the list. Mitch Hedberg too.

Under the Tuscan Sun

The Help

Secret Life of Bees

Tin Cup

Dances with Wolves is a great time killer

Mamma Mia

Somethings Gotta Give

Elf

As Good as it Gets

It would be good if these recommendations included a level of violence indication in them. Zero dark thirty has some very intense and unpleasant scenes in.

perhaps people could copy and past the IMBD parental guidance with films they recommend so we have an idea about the content.

Someone recommended me to watch Homeland the other day. the first couple of episode contained some disgusting graphic sexual violence which has been going round and round in my head for weeks.

so we dont end up traumatising ourselves I think this would be a good idea.

Silver linings Playbook---- is an excellent movie.                                                                                                                  Big Bang Theory------- is a funny show.                                                                                                             

• 2 weeks later...

I watch:

Hoarders or Hoarding Buried Alive

because I know my house is really, really, really clean when compared.

Psych

because I can talk like him now and he makes me laugh. Loved the episode where the fire inspector person noticed his smoke detector was really a white paper bowl with a red M&M glued on it. There it was glued to the ceiling.

Frazier

because it's a funny show and I've watched it so often I'm pretty sure I'm a Crane.

Keeping Up Appearances

because one of the funniest shows ever and I'm glad I'm not in that family.

HGTV

because I am starting to care again ever so slightly but I'm coming back to life. Bought an old house that we were restoring and I lost interest because Xanax was making me sick and destroying who I am. I'm slowly getting me back.

Golden Girls

because for some reason it feels comfortable and safe.

I like to watch Chopped. It's on the cooking channel. Fun to see what they can make from the items in the mystery basket.

Good show ;).

• 2 months later...

My favourite non violent movies-

Broken Flowers

A Life Aquatic

Chocolat

Recenty watched-

Salmon Fishing in the Yemen 4 stars

Have you heard about the Morgans 3 stars

magga xx