Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Mother's Day - need gift ideas

[Fl...]

I'm at a loss this year. Mom has everything. She thinks flowers are an indulgence because they "just die". She doesn't have room for another potted plant.

Calling on the Moms among us to give me some ideas.

She loves unique and useful. Help!

Have you decided what you might do Flip?  I couldn't come up with any different ideas that weren't already mentioned. Thinking of you,

love

Sweets  :angel:

Well Sally, I got two things - one practical -  a rolling, lock in place when weight is applied, step stool and a whimsical - a birth bath that is a cute frog on it's back with a leg in the air that turns into a shallow pool.

Mom likes to spend time on the patio or watching the birds from the window. We were at Pier One the other day and she sort of giggled when she saw the birdbath. Plus, despite being almost  92, she still gets out her aluminum ladder and climbs up to reach the high stuff.  ;D

I really appreciate everyones ideas and care.

And Sky, you're right - just time spent is what she most needs and I do my best.  :)

Thanks guys,

Flip :smitten:

I'm racking my brain to think of something "different" to get my step-mom for Mother's Day.  She has everything she wants or needs.  It's hard to buy for her.

This may sound dumb, but she loves "Schwan" food, so I'm thinking about getting her a gift certificate for that.  At least I know it would be something she likes.  My dad passed so she lives alone, and isn't that thrilled about cooking for just herself.

Can't send her flowers because she has bad allergies.

Last year I sent her a balloon bouquet with a box of chocolates.  Kind of hate to send the same thing two years in a row.