Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

What does your name/avatar mean?

[Co...]

I thought this may be a cool idea. Maybe not. But what does your username and or avatar mean?

I'll start.

I'm addicted to a Japanese cartoon Bleach. Coyote Starrk is the #1 espada (a group of hollows created by aizen). Wont go into detail but Starrk was so powerful that being in the presence of other hollows killed them. He was basically Solitude. So he split himself in two creating Lilynette Gingerbuck so he wouldn't be alone.

Neat

My username choice was ironic rather than cool, like yours. CoyoteStark.  I was incorrectly diagnosed as bipolar during my last, slightly crazy years on benzos.  The support group I belonged to sometimes referred to themselves as BPers, hence, Beeper.  :)

Tialys is the name of a Character from Philip Pullman's - His Dark Materials. Not sure why I adopted that particular name but I just like it and have used it for years :D

"holding Hands":  you are not alone. 

From the book Every Thing I Ever Needed to Know, I Learned in Kindergarden," "Always hold hands when you cross the street."  I.e! Don't take this w/d trip alone!

also could be an extended hand of friendship.

OlPal

On a previous benzowithdrawal site, the first person who befriended me, after chatting for a few weeks said "You are a really wise woman but you've got some serious issues" lol so I adopted it as my "native american" name.  :)

The avatar to me is just as peaceful as it can get.  Plus I have a similar guitar.

When I was joining BB I was trying to think of a name to use and looked at my bottle of Diazepam and thought it sounded like a person's name. So Diaz-Pam was born. btw - my real name is nothing like Pam...lol....

My avatar isn't of my own cats, but it looks exactly like the two of them when there were kittens.

[53...]

Hi all,

Well my name means, I am working my way back to me and the life I once had.  I cant wait to be connected with life and love again.

The avatar, is similar to my former self, fit healthy by the sea and sun safe with a hat  :)

Peace love and healing,

Towardthesun.

I chose a dog because I am a huge animal lover. My name is obvious and this will be the 2nd time in my life that I've arisen from the ashes! :-)

great thread, this is awesome hearing the stories behind the names!

i'm a big sucker for the sci-fi movies, especially the old campy ones, so my avatars are characters from those movies.

for my name, my childhood best friend gave me this name - like kids do, we came up with secret names for each other.  unfortunately he passed away when i was eight, but it kinda became my unofficial middle name, and i use it as my alias.

:)

Man that's really cool! I like that one Zeek. Guess I'm kinda a sci fi fan too. Not the popular star trek but unique sci do movies and tv shows like Roswell

My Avatar means I am too lazy to come up with a good one. My name means that I love cars!(No, my name is not Carl!)....Lol.

-CL

Lol! My deep apologies - I think I've called you Carl!  :2funny: so sorry.  :-[

The Flip part comes from a truncated version of my maiden name. The rain part is also a truncated name and I usually use Brain, but I made a typo the day I signed up. So Rain it is.

I've been called Flip since highschool. Brings back a strong and confident time for me.

Free Flipper is a weak take off on Free Willy.  8)

My name represents my Caddo Indian ancestory.  My avatar is just an album cover of a band that I like.

• 1 month later...

Well darlings, I really am Elizabeth Taylor! It is a false rumor that I am dead. I needed time and space to recover from this awful benzo dependency. It was so much easier to kick the other pills and booze. Thank G-d that Richard isn't alive to see me now, all quivery and bloated.

Where's that turkey leg?

[e9...]
My avatar name was supposed to be Obsidian, but the site wouldn't accept this word because it is a dictionary word. Obsidian is a dark stone/crystal, and darkness is how my soul felt. So I shortened it to Obsid, and voilà...it was accepted!

With my name, I am projecting positively into the future & seeing myself as a renewed being. A light at the end of the tunnel, basically. My Icon is the cover to one of my favorite books by David Icke called "Infinite Love Is The Only Truth... Everything Else Is Illusion".

Name: going about the business of withdrawal as privately as possible in the "real world"...first part "Quiet" and as for the second part "Hope"...pretty self-explanatory. Put it all together and I guess I am privately believing in my future success. As for the image - the flower is a little beat down, but it's still standing, damn it...just like me.

QuietHope

Pretty cool... I believe staying focused on future success is extremely important.

We will shall succeed through hell or high water!

I'm pathetic. I was in a hurry to get on the forum so I chose an old phone number I knew I'd remember. I'd like to change it but I don't know how.  :idiot:

On the bright side, I chose a picture of my cat Daisy.  I think she's gorgeous.  I found her starving with two kittens that had injuries. One had an injury on top of her head and the other had a broken jaw.  I rushed them all to the vet. The one with a broken jaw had to have surgery. My vet thought they might have been thrown out of a car.

They were all treated for their injuries and I brought them home. They were also tested for Feline Leukemia and FIV and they were all clear, thank God. I name the kittens Archie and Betty after the comic book. I later found out my Dad's shipmate in WWII was Bob Bollings who created the comic series. How cool is that? The "kids" all recovered beautifully. Archie does have a bit of an over-bite because his little jaw was so bad. A few weeks later, they were spayed/neutered and got their shots.  They aren't allowed to go outside except onto an enclosed screened-in porch when the weather is good. They are okay with that. At first, they were afraid to go onto the porch.

BART, I lived in the Bay Area when I first moved to California. I know all about BART!  ;)  I remember the first time I rode BART and we went under the sea.