Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Interesting 'floxed' story

[Al...]

I have not been floxed but I came across this in my never ending search for putting this altogether.

It was written by a journalist whose wife was floxed.

He researched the quinolones in great detail and wrote about his journey while trying to find answers as to what happened to her. He came across others with the same symptoms.

http://www.nytimes.com/books/first/f/fried-pills.html

Alexa,

This is an area Im just beginning to get into. My story reads like a horror story about benzos, z drugs, ADs and floxins...I was on Klonapin. Ambien, 2 Ads, when I went into a cold turkey withdrawal late last July. During the prior month,I was also given Levaquin twice for mild pneumonia.

I tapered myself off Ambien and the 2 Ads, too quickly I know now. I finished the Levaquin during a brief stay in a detox.

I havent started reading much about being floxed, but I did read this article you posted. I will read it again, as I have serious brain fog and dont absorb things too well.

Are you a victim also?

east

I hope other people read this and start talking. Im fascinated. This article doesnt go into her symptoms much, but I did a little other reading...and its pretty scary.

Im wondering - and please, no one be offended....is this "floxed" thing just another "fakey"diagnosis, like CFS or Fibro or Adrenal Fatigue MAY be? Without much real medical proof??

east

Hi East,

This IS a real thing! Whether or not a doctor believes it is happening to you is a different story! We all know that though.