Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

What will you do when this is all done?

[Pa...]

I am the spouse of a long term sufferer, we have talked about taking a trip when this is all done.  So where have we talked about going?  For one  AZ,  to visit family and enjoy the fabulous hiking in the Valley of the Sun.  A day trip to Sedona and Oak Creek would also be in store.  Hiking the trails and enjoying the sun are such an enjoyable part of a trip.

Also time at a warm FL beach, being able to take long walks on a beach with no schedule and no concerns about the benzo experience.  The withdrawals will be a washing out to sea and drifting away never to be seen again, with the warmth of a setting sun bringing resolve to such a healing process.

Those are two thoughts,  Lets hear yours

Pardner

Interesting....the 1st real trip I took after recovering was to Sedona. (And I live in Florida, near the beach)

You can't go wrong with either destination.

Great thread... even though all are going through so much, no matter what side of the fence you are on, as Pardner1 stated... there has to be thought on this...

Us... something simple... to the Napa Valley, the countryside of freedom is beautiful..  Staying at the Indian Springs... from the 30's, updated, the most huge mineral pool you can imagine... just relaxing and floating..  Then waking the short main street, with the most wonderful restaurants of all types... 

That's our dream and it will happen.  Come and join and post yours.

Pattylu

Pardner: let me know when you're all done, I'm from Flagstaff and I work at the Grand Canyon (when I'm able to work). I can tell you all you need to know about hiking and exploring the Sedona area  ;D

My plan is also to travel. I think it's the dp/dr aspect of the process that makes so many of us want to do that, or anyway that's what it is with me. Right now staring at a beautiful vista --- it's like I'm looking at a photograph, I can't really connect to it. I'm sure you all know what I'm talking about, it's everyone's least favorite symptom. So when I graduate from Benzo Hell University I plan to go someplace beautiful and dive into it with the subtlety of a cannon. The current plan: do one of the celebrated "long hikes," like the Appalachian or the Continental Divide.

Huraqan,  I am supporting my wife in her withdrawal and we have talked about taking "the" trip when she is done.  You do live in a great area.  I have visited the Grand Canyon a few times, my brother just hiked to the river last month.  I think I would rather try that in April or October.  One thing he did learn is to go climb steps before taking the trail.  He did a lot of walking but virtually no down hill hiking.

What is your favorite part of the Canyon to hike?    Do you make it to the North Rim often? 

I think you are right, we want to take the trip because we are trying keep looking forward.

Pardner

Heh - in fact it was on the North Rim where I lived and worked for two summers, back in 04 and 05. There aren't as many jumping-off points for hiking into the Canyon from that side, although the few there are on that side are the most "adventurous" (Lava Falls, Nankoweap, Thunder River) - here meaning "terrifying." But it's also the side with the most breathtaking views, clearer air, lower summer temperatures, and *far* smaller tourist throngs. So it's overall a better place to be.

In fact... yeah, lemme revise my plans, I think the first thing I'm gonna do when this is all over is go back and hang out at the North Rim for a couple of weeks. I've still got some friends who work at the Lodge up there and they make a mean pizza  :laugh:

• 2 weeks later...

What a wonderful thread!

I am going to achieve my dreams!  I am a music producer/singer and I would love to get some work done with that as well as travel to the beach and enjoy myself there.  Oh,.. That would be so nice.

I would also spend quality time and not zombified time with my parents that I love so much that are getting old and are retired.

• 1 year later...

I've tried to live my life as normally as possible during wd/taper and post-taper (ha). So, I really wont be doing things much differently when all this is over (it almost is for me, my basline is mostly in the high 90%). Albeit, during hardcore wd sxs, I was couchbound, but as soon as the severity waned, I'd go out mountain biking, surfing, skiing, etc...

Yes my taper was was filled with hardcore suffering and misery but I REFUSED to let it debilitate me. Even with ridiculous dp/dr and on no sleep, I still got out and was bombing down black diamond ski runs.

The only differene now, is that there is no more pain and suffering so i can do these things without the nagging sxs and with a big smile on my face.  :)

• 2 weeks later...

Have a ball!!

After 40 years of depression plus another 14 months in bed but free from depression, I just want to have a ball, but my brain/body won't let me.

I don't really know what I will do but I intend to enjoy the rest of my life to the full.

Would like to travel to Australia to visit my cousin. He was put up for adoption by my aunt in 1944 and we only found each other a few years ago. We have met once here in Scotland. His health is not great. I would love to meet his children and grandchildren.  This is No 1 on my bucket list.  :thumbsup:

Would visit all friends and family I have been unable to see over the past 14 months. I have twin great nephews, age 13 months whom I have not met.  :'(

When I retired 4 years ago I wanted to enjoy my retirement. I try to enjoy as much as possible even now but it is a bit difficult!!  >:(

Friends and family are the most important thing but travel would be great.

Hugs

LF  :smitten:

In the meantime I can enjoy dreaming!!