Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Medical Anthropology Guest Lecturer in SLC...

[hu...]

(I have no idea where to post this; I figured this was probably the best category.)

About two weeks ago or so a woman came into my Medical Anthropology class at the University of Utah and gave a long, sweeping, harrowing quest lecture about her struggle with benzo withdrawal and her efforts to inform the public. I think her name was Melissa. She talked about online groups people can turn to if they or their friends ever find themselves dealing with this stuff, so I assume she's on here somewhere. If you're here, and you see this....

Dear Melissa: thank you! Somebody needs to do things like that. I would have stuck around to chat and get your email address after class but, ironically, I was having a VERY bad day of benzo-w/d symptoms and instead I slunk out of the building and took a nap in my car. I'm guessing you probably understand. 

• 1 month later...