Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Scientology Detox Regimen?

[Fi...]

Is there such a thing as creating your own detox regimen? My psychiatrist a few months ago pointed me toward this Scientology book that claimed it is possible to detox.

1. High dosages of Niacin. 500+

1. Exercise vigorously

2. Sweat toxins out via a sauna (or in most of our cases a hot bath)

He claims that withdrawal symptoms stem from the drug being trapped in our bodies with no way out.

This sounds too good to be true. What kind of regimen do you do to remove benzos from the body if any?

Is there such a thing as creating your own detox regimen? My psychiatrist a few months ago pointed me toward this Scientology book that claimed it is possible to detox.

1. Exercise vigorously

He claims that withdrawal symptoms stem from the drug being trapped in our bodies with no way out.

This sounds too good to be true. What kind of regimen do you do to remove benzos from the body if any?

Edit:  proscribed information removed.

whew...for me, a hot sauna is a problem for me, by creating inflammation, congestion in the body, and an anxiety response quite frequently.  That is what heat can do to many people that are suffering from anxiety issues as a result of benzos, etc.

Gentle exercise and good diet are really the only things that are universally endorsed.

Scientology is a cult, and I'm always skeptical of their publications because overall they are trying to lure you in and then exploit you financially.

1. Exercise vigorously

Hi,  I'm aware that you are a new member, and you aren't familiar with our rules yet.  But we'd just like to let you know that posting any information from the Church of Scientology here is against the rules, and there are no exceptions.  Here's a link to the rule.  Please read it:

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=74371.0

Thanks, Megan  :smitten:

***EDIT. ***********

1. Exercise vigorously

Once again, it is against the rules to post any information from the Church of Scientology on BenzoBuddies.  Here is the rule, please read this:

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=73877.0

Edit: Proscribed information removed

I think there might be SOMETHING to the idea that the drugs stay in our bodies for awhile after we jump. (lots of people don't even get slammed until a couple of months after our last dose, me included). But the idea that all you have to do is sweat it out is just false. It isn't the drug being in your body that's making you sick- it's the ABSENCE of the drug that makes you sick after it has made changes to your brain.

@Megan918. I apologize, I obviously did not post on purpose or intend to put someone in danger. ::SIGH::  ::)

No worries at all, FindingPeace.

You are new to us and weren't to know.  Please don't give it another minutes thought.

Betsy xxxx

Hi FindingPeace,

I see that you have been a member since last July, so long enough to appraise yourself of the rules. But, to be totally fair to you, the update to the rule is only a week or two old, so you probably would be unaware of the change. No worries. ;)

The reason for the rule change, to specifically include and name Scientology within the anti-psychiatry prohibition guidelines, is because Scientology and their front groups regularly employ obfuscation tactics. Not only are their views at odds with our rules, guidelines and Mission Statement, they are dishonest brokers too.

This thread is so clearly in breach of the (updated) posting guidelines, I am locking it. Please read the guidelines for a more detailed description of the policy and the reasons for it.

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=73877.0

Thanks.

[b5...]