Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Awful reality shows

[ec...]

Jigglyjo,I can only watch a select few shows.for some reason I like Roseanne show more than usual,and music stirup too much emotion for me right now.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Wi...]

• [ec...]

• [Ji...]

• [me...]

[df...]

Come on'! Someone has to like Amish Mafia!! I mean it's so ridiculous, yet you can't look away.

I know all the MTV shows are staged, not word for word, but situations are created, people are told to confront people, and many of the relationships are required in contracts. A family member was offered a role on one, as the girlfriend of a rapper. They were only friends in reality. But he couldn't do it without have a love interest. So they would have been faking it all the way.

And the Teen Moms acting like they are "struggling" when they make about 200,000 a year?

I don't like most of them, but the more bizzare and cheesy they are, I watch.

What I can't stand is celebrity rehabs, or weight loss- human suffering as entertainment irks me. Plus it's scripted too!!

I cant seem to watch any show about suffering at all at the moment. I think its probably because its all too real. when you are suffering i think you become hyper sensitive to others suffering and you cant just sit back and watch casually (not that this is a good thing for the world to do)

I have a really problem with what seems to be entertainment these days. The amount of sexual violence in general television is horrific. In fact just the way sex is portrayed in films and tv series really annoys me. most of it is just titilating and hardly any of it portrays love and intimacy. what a terrible message for this current generation to have to grow up believing.

I seem to end up watching real housewives of somewhere (I think its Atlanta at the moment) I am amazed I like this programme. It is my guilt pleasure I think. Im constantly shocked at how unhappy these women are yet they have loads of money and well everything modern society tells us we need to be happy. women can be very catty towards each other.

what happened to feminism i wonder? its all gone a bit wrong really :idiot:

[df...]

I really like Hoarders, Intervention, Drugged and Addicted.  Also, I will admit that Jersey shore was entertaining.  The new one Buck Wild is stupid and I cannot watch that Honey Boo Boo.. It makes me mad.  I do like anything with Gordan Ramsey (Hells kitchen , Masterchef, and Kitchen Nightmares) are my favorites.

I really like the "takeover" shows like Restaurant Takeover, Restaurant Impossible, Mystery Diners, Car Lot Take Over, Bar Rescue...just about anything on the Food Network or Spike. I guess it is because they feature failing businesses and the "intervention" gives the owners sound business advice which differs from trash tv like Honey Boo Boo devouring the mailman because he smells like a greasy cheese burger, the Housewives of Whocares, or Jerry Springer, Steve Wilkos & Maury introducing yet another hillbilly who knocked up a family member.  I also like the classic shows on Memory Tv like Hawaii 5-0 with Jack Lord, Mash, Get Smart, Rockford Files...tv that got the point across without the unneeded blood, gore, sex, violence or swearing currently on the boob tube. A great distraction when you feel less than stellar. 14 :thumbsup:

Am I the only one tired of all the trashy reality shows? some of them are just terrible.

[*]

[*]

I've always hated them, but have been found watching Survivor, there was one other, but it doesn't come to mind.

Reality TV is really a very stupid way to spend time because as was mentioned above it's not even reality and it sends that worst possible messages.  With that said, I will confess, I watch just about every reality show there is on TV  :P

WWWI

[df...]

Reality TV is really a very stupid way to spend time because as was mentioned above it's not even reality and it sends that worst possible messages.  With that said, I will confess, I watch just about every reality show there is on TV  :P

WWWI

I love your admission of guilt!  :laugh: It is like eating too much candy...we know it is bad but it tastes too good to stop.  :thumbsup:

I don't watch much television at all but my reality show of choice is Dancing with the Stars. I'm not even sure if that counts as reality TV.  I do envision myself a dancer when I grow up.  ;D

PG,

Well it's no Hunny BooBoo lol, but Dancing is a great show.

When you grow up  :) ... you do have that rhythm thing going on don't you!

:smitten:

WWWI

The Canadian version of Big Brother started here a few weeks ago. :crazy:  I think it would be a nice way to deal with insomnia, except it's more likely to send you into a coma than REM sleep. I can't even tell you how stupid and lame it is. I watched twice (I was trying to be patriotic [that's my story and I'm sticking to it]). I couldn't believe anything could be sooo entirely stupid.

Hope, as the reality tv show afficianado that I am, I will say that big brother is one that lost it's luster for me during the first season here in the US.  So I would have to concur with you on that one lol

Here in the UK we seem to get a lot of "celebrity" this, and "celebrity " that. ie. Celebrity Big Brother, Celebrity Come Dine with me, "Celebrity" game shows. The word "celebrity" has little meaning these days. Most of the so-called "celebrities" have never been heard of either!

Do you have those types of shows too?

WWWi,

We've already had that & I think a second series is planned (with Olympic diver Tom Daley).

Here it is called "Splash".

PG,

Well it's no Hunny BooBoo lol, but Dancing is a great show.

When you grow up  :) ... you do have that rhythm thing going on don't you!

:smitten:

WWWI

A one, two cha cha cha..... and she falls flat on her face!!  ::)

I found television, in general, "awful" and deceptive. I stopped watching many years ago. Once you learn who owns the media, and how consolidated it is, you'll understand why it's best to disconnect.

I only watch Michelle Pfeiffer Catwoman films and The News. ;)

Oh and John Wayne war movies :laugh:

John Wayne--cool. I remember watching them when I was a kid. Back then they didn't have all of the special effects that today's movies have, but that is what is so great about the classic movies, they relied on human emotion to get their point across and not gimmicks. :-\

I find myself watching old tv shows such as,Andy griffith,Rossanne,TCM movies.way too much violence for my nervous system right now.

• 4 weeks later...

I found television, in general, "awful" and deceptive. I stopped watching many years ago. Once you learn who owns the media, and how consolidated it is, you'll understand why it's best to disconnect.

I totally agree with your statement. Thank you! :thumbsup: