Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Pancake Day!! who will be having pancakes and whats your favourite topping?

[Ji...]

I am rather surprised today to be looking forward to eating pancakes later when my mum comes home (as she is the queen of the pancake machine)

However I am slightly worried after being on the alternative meds thread and reading that consuming large amounts of sugar in one go can set off withdrawals badly again? hummm

anyway, presuming my appetite doesn't disappear again this evening i will be having lemon curd, maple syrup and a ton of caster sugar on my pancakes. :P :P

Anyone else going to indulge today?

Hi there,

Yes I too will be indulging in pancakes this evening. I'm cheating this year though, I have bought them already made from M & S so I just need to heat them up. Mine are buttermilk pancakes with butterscotch sauce.

Eating too much sugar is not good in withdrawal but I'm prepared to take a risk  :laugh:

Hope you enjoy !!

Debbiex

I so did not know that M and S did ready made pancakes. I bet they will be SO good.

*drools* butterscotch sauce sounds amazing. Theres an M&S round the corner, if i could even face going out in this weather I would be straight round there. I think there may be time to call my mum to ask her to pick some up.

Cold weather and W/D do not mix well at all. It really starts my shivers off so bad. Damn Benzoflu :(

But yay pancakes! ;D

Blueberry pancakes with maple syrup, sausage links and orange juice.. :yippee: :yippee: :yippee:

Molly :smitten:

Molly, what are those? :)

Hi honey,

Pancake day is once a year, on Shrove Tuesday, the day before Ash Wednesday when Lent begins.  I believe it was traditionally supposed to be a feast day before the austerity of Lent began..The kids love it, well so do the adults  ;D

We dont have pancake day in the USA . Is this a once a year thing for you brits?

Hi honeym,

Yes it is, Pancake Tuesday also known as Shrove Tuesday is the last day before the period which Christians call Lent.

I had to google the next part to double check myself the reason why pancakes are eaten...this is the origin of pancake Tuesday

Lent is a time of abstinence so Shrove Tueday is the last chance to indulge yourself and use up the foods that aren't allowed in Lent. Pancakes are eaten on this day because they contain fat, butter and eggs which were forbidden during Lent.

I thought Pancake Tuesday was celebrated in other countries honeym, you learn a new thing every day  :laugh:

Debbie x

Im lucky...I need to gain weight AND sugar doesnt bother me at all..............................................

IHop pancakes with a double order of butter and maple (flavored) syrup......................

I wish we had a pancake day where I live. I guess I could designate everyday as Pancake Day at my house. I like them all, but I would say blueberry is one of my favorites. Hmmmm...Chocolate chip is good too. I'm gaining weight just thinking about it. :)

snoball

Thanks snoball,

Yep, my baby's.

Molly :smitten:

Awwww :smitten: I bet they bring you alot of joy. If I was having a bad day, those sweet little dogs sure would make me smile. :)

snoball

Thx all I think we should have a pancake day here too. Im surprised Ihop hasnt picked up onthis idea.

Yeah, that's true..Of course I guess its pancake day every day at I Hop. I should move next door to an I hop, so then I could just walk over and then just roll home when I'm done. Or if I'm too stuffed to move, they could just push me out the door and then I could roll home...Either way, its a win win situation. :) Pancakes...Yummy

SNOWBALL.....YOUR SO FUNNY?

Thx all I think we should have a pancake day here too. Im surprised Ihop hasnt picked up onthis idea.

Yeah, that's true..Of course I guess its pancake day every day at I Hop. I should move next door to an I hop, so then I could just walk over and then just roll home when I'm done. Or if I'm too stuffed to move, they could just push me out the door and then I could roll home...Either way, its a win win situation. :) Pancakes...Yummy