Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Man I just stand this! damnit!

[da...]

This stuff about chosing the food you ingest for the sake of your withdrawal is pissing me off!!! I wana eat my old food!!!! Spagheti and mince, pasta nd mince wth spicey gravey, kfc,mcD etc. I wna eat doritos again nd all tht. nw wth all this info bwt food its rli hard to knw wat to eat, thrz nt much to eat anymre. Sometimes I think some things in withdrawal are just a state of mind but then u cnt rli be sure of this. Sucks a**! Damit!

• 2 weeks later...
Agree with yar both. I haven't changed what I eat,  all I've done is stay away from alcohol, sugar & coffee. Sure a lot of the no no's are a state of mind!  Dd.

This stuff about chosing the food you ingest for the sake of your withdrawal is pissing me off!!! I wana eat my old food!!!! Spagheti and mince, pasta nd mince wth spicey gravey, kfc,mcD etc. I wna eat doritos again nd all tht. nw wth all this info bwt food its rli hard to knw wat to eat, thrz nt much to eat anymre. Sometimes I think some things in withdrawal are just a state of mind but then u cnt rli be sure of this. Sucks a**! Damit!

You should be choosing the food you eat for your health in general. GMO foods laden with MSG (in all it's dozens of names), and all sorts of chemicals masquerading as food are not good for you.  MSG is an excitotoxin and kills brain cells. GMO's cause organ damage, organ failure, and sterility, among other things.

I have learned to stay away from all processed foods and all GMO ingredients.  Please do some research on the subject...... research not funded or endorsed by companies involved in the GMO cover up.  Please don't fall for the lies.

do you realize organic foods are twice the cost. they are here wow

we cannot all afford it.

i think what did the most damafe was the chmical benzo we took.

and that just takes time.

I just eat what I want, within reason.  I don't deny myself, at least for now.  Certain foods, or more often a large meal of any kind, revs me up slightly.  But completely changing the way one eats can be very difficult and stressful, and it's not worth it to me.  Withdrawal itself is stressful enough, isn't it?

I'd like to add; don't go by one "reaction". It could be that you have a particular meal then feel revved up and assume it was something you've eaten. It may not have been the meal at all. I'd suggest you try a food several times. If each time you have a reaction, that may indicate a sensitivity to that food. Over reacting to one experiencing may mean you are restricting your diet needlessly.

I haven't had trouble with any one food, other than coffee and sometimes chocolate. Now that I'm off I can eat what I like.

My stomach is so affected by w/d of the poison I ingested for so long, I can eat very little.  Sometimes my daily intake isn't much more than yogurt, custard, oat toast and a bit of fruit.  I am trying to find a dietary supplement other than Enrich as that has too many calories as well as soy.  I have the tendency to make kidney stones and soy is forbidden.  I am fully aware that I am nutritionally in deficit, but one can only do the best one know how under pretty nasty circumstances.

I always used to eat a very balanced diet...fresh foods as much as possible, while watching the msg's etc.  I sure would enjoy the luxury of a better diet.  My husband does all the grocery shopping 'cause I can't think straight enough to shop and my body hurts too much to last long in the store.

I'm told a day will come when I can eat like a human being again.  I'll hang on to that for now.

OlPal

I haven't really changed my diet & try to eat healthily. I don't have sugar or alcohol though. I occasionally bought ready-made food for convenience, but since the reports of horse-meat in many of these, I buy fresh. I rarely have beef etc. - my main diet I suppose being fish or chicken. Breakfast I have 1 weetabix with a banana.

I have just bought some almond milk but have yet to try it, but I will tell my brain that it is better for me than ordinary semi-skimmed milk.  ;)

I give in when my body tells me it wants chocolate or a jam doughnut!!!

[f2...]

I haven't changed my diet too much at all except that I eat truckloads of carbohydrates.  Yep, High GI carbs, white rice, pizza, pasta, white bread, all of which bathe your brain in that beautiful calming Serotonin.

The only thing I don't have is chocolate and coffee.  I've never liked coffee, but the chocolate is a killer.

I do also eat a fair amount of sugar. 

I agree with Megan, I think drastically changing your diet may lead to further stress.  If your body sends the message via a craving, I say go with it.

Staffy

• 1 month later...

I pretty much eat the same thing day after day.  I know that's probably not the healthiest way to eat, but I do get some fruit and vegetables in there.  Also drink 1-2 Ensures a day for extra calories...Ensure has 350 calories in 8 oz, and tastes really good.

I don't eat things that are high in fat.  I probably do get too much sugar because of drinking OJ and apple juice.  The only desserty thing I eat is 1/2 a blueberry muffin in the morning with breakfast, and the other 1/2 of it with dinner.

Dave, do you have a Meijers in your area?  They have (in the frozen section) cheese ravioli.  I cook the ravioli and put just a small amount of spaghetti sauce on it, and it's really good.  You mentioned that you crave Italian, so though perhaps you might want to try that. 

I ate MSG dried roasted peanuts and didn't even know.  They didn't bother me.  I've never been sensitive to MSG or other foods.  I don't food chemicals affect me.  I've got a benzo'd CNS and my intrusive and obsessing thoughts from the w/d are what rev me up.