Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Queensland storms

[ih...]

Hi... Posted from your first post.  This night on the news, they showed the "foam" the ocean waters were churning up with.  OMG.. looked like someone put a ton of soap in the ocean, what was coming in with the waves.  I hope all of you are safe and well.

Also, started a thread, a Birthday thread.  Wanted to share this will all of you, hope you go on the link I'll provide.  I want to get as many bbs birth month, so each month I will post who's b/d it is.. Hope you'll post..  Hope you share with all others.  Here is the link:

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=72801.0

Take very good care, hope all is well you all of you through this terrible storm.

Pattylu

Our really wild weather used to be limited to the tropical zones up North. No more, we need to get used to these extremes as the new normal. A generator is an excellent idea, I just hate wasting food

I think most of us Aussies who live in areas where we are not used to extreme climates are softer than you Americans, we never have to shovel snow to leave the house & we used to have few cyclones.

Yeah, us SE Queenslanders used to just have to put up with a few summer storms and the dreaded winter westerlies. Now we're getting something that resembles a cyclone, plus some tornadoes thrown in for good measure. I wonder if we'll get snow this winter. Everything else is out of kilter, so maybe that's even possible too...lol.....

DP- Note what I underlined in your post. Happy to send whats in my driveway now. Might take one of those super tankers though. couldn't afford freight. :D Easier to drag iceburg up from  Antacrtica. :laugh:

Be safe :thumbsup:

I can't sleep again - bummer :tickedoff: That's why I'm online. almost 4 AM, my time. Going to try again. Tried reading, video games & even dancing  no luck. Just happens that way sometimes. >:D

HA HA!!!  Maybe we will get some kind of iceberg explosion from Antarctica. Nothing would surprise me at all, with the weather around the world at the moment.

Sorry to hear you're not sleeping well. Have you tried magnesium? Some of us seem to get some good results with that. It certainly helps me.

*** edit *** whoops - I originally said "melatonin" instead of magnesium. I've corrected it.

Hi... Posted from your first post.  This night on the news, they showed the "foam" the ocean waters were churning up with.  OMG.. looked like someone put a ton of soap in the ocean, what was coming in with the waves.  I hope all of you are safe and well.

Also, started a thread, a Birthday thread.  Wanted to share this will all of you, hope you go on the link I'll provide.  I want to get as many bbs birth month, so each month I will post who's b/d it is.. Hope you'll post..  Hope you share with all others.  Here is the link:

Take very good care, hope all is well you all of you through this terrible storm.

Pattylu

Did anyone see the video of the car appearing out of nowhere in the foam.

Hi lovely people,

Present and accounted for here.  36 hours without power and then straight into a migraine (was so thankful to have the microwave working again and heat bags available).  But it really didn't get nearly as bad as they were predicting here and we felt very lucky.  Quite a lot of trees down - two lots of neighbours had three each fall on their houses.  Amazingly no real damage to either. 

Just feels a bit surreal, I can't believe so many are going through the same thing they went through just two years ago.  It will only be serving to exacerbate the trauma.  And such widespread damage too. 

T

The crazy things people do.

Glad you are accounted for Thisbe, powerless for 36 hours, did you have plenty of torches on hand?

The worst thing seems to be that a fair bit of infrastructure that has been built since the 2011 floods did not hold up to the challenge so looks like there will need to an enquiry into how this could happen. Dodgy bridge building??

Pattylu

OMG.... I just watched it!  Even though its not funny, I had to laugh.  What was with that person  :idiot: :idiot:!  Thanks for posting.

Our really wild weather used to be limited to the tropical zones up North. No more, we need to get used to these extremes as the new normal. A generator is an excellent idea, I just hate wasting food

I think most of us Aussies who live in areas where we are not used to extreme climates are softer than you Americans, we never have to shovel snow to leave the house & we used to have few cyclones.

Yeah, us SE Queenslanders used to just have to put up with a few summer storms and the dreaded winter westerlies. Now we're getting something that resembles a cyclone, plus some tornadoes thrown in for good measure. I wonder if we'll get snow this winter. Everything else is out of kilter, so maybe that's even possible too...lol.....

DP- Note what I underlined in your post. Happy to send whats in my driveway now. Might take one of those super tankers though. couldn't afford freight. :D Easier to drag iceburg up from  Antacrtica. :laugh:

Be safe :thumbsup:

I can't sleep again - bummer :tickedoff: That's why I'm online. almost 4 AM, my time. Going to try again. Tried reading, video games & even dancing  no luck. Just happens that way sometimes. >:D

HA HA!!!  Maybe we will get some kind of iceberg explosion from Antarctica. Nothing would surprise me at all, with the weather around the world at the moment.

Sorry to hear you're not sleeping well. Have you tried magnesium? Some of us seem to get some good results with that. It certainly helps me.

*** edit *** whoops - I originally said "melatonin" instead of magnesium. I've corrected it.

TX DP- magnesium is next on my list of things to try.

Not to be flipant, but do you think all the foam in the youtube video is from the beer Ara was referring to in her post? :crazy:

Seriously, it is not a good situation.

Take care all.

Well, you know how us Aussies love our beer (well not me - I hate the stuff ...lol....).

Yes, definitely give the magnesium a try. I've been using it now for a bit over a month, and I'm convinced it has made a huge difference to my sleep. Most nights now I go to sleep within about 10 minutes of my head hitting the pillow and I pretty much sleep the whole night.

Keep hearing about 'the foam clip' and still haven't watched it (my eyes aren't keen on moving stuff really - much more so since the withdrawal attempt for some reason). 

Anyway, just wanted to say I'm starting to feel pretty excited about this Magnesium stuff too.  I'm also pretty convinced that this new one I'm trying is actually helping my sleep.  Not hanging out for Stilnox nights any more.  I'm really quite amazed that one brand can seem to work for me when no others have made the slightest noticeable difference over the years.  Certainly not complaining though!