Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Dreams and Nightmares! Share Them Here!

[Sk...]

I figured it would be a good idea to start a thread about dreams and nightmares, especially going through withdraw.  They tend to be more intense and more vivid and extreme.  I recently had such a profound dreaming experience I had to start this discussion. 

Share your dream and nightmare stories here,.. at least what you can remember of them. 

http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/sleep/dreaming.gif                                                  http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/halloween/spooky-tree.gif                http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/halloween/halloween-owl.gif                                   

I'll go first....

Just last night I had one of the most terrifying nightmares of my life!  Scared the crap out of me for real.  I was stuck in some dark temple of some kind and I could not get out.  I felt fear all over me.  Someone I suppose I knew in my dream told me not to go into the temple AFTER I DID!  The same voice told me if I were to go into the temple I would become cursed.  At that moment I felt like I was in hell or something.  I can't explain such fear.  I managed to look outside of the temple ( or whatever it was ) and there was nothing but trees as far as I could see.  Then I woke up.  I was so happy to be awake and not in that stupid nightmare.  It felt more real than the regular reality I am in now.  That was the strangest part. 

I am always getting lost in my nightmare, it gets bad and I panic, really panic and of course I am alone. It happened in real life in the sixties when I took acid and I still dream of it!

I have had some really wonderful dreams, in them I have been able to fly, I would wake in an almost blissful state, then go back to the dream and fly off again, in one dream I was teaching the neighbourhood kids to fly.

Just a note, I read somewhere that bad dreams and nightmares was a sign of healing, ever heard that? 

Going to bed now, wish me good luck

David

Good luck, David!  Thank You. 

I have heard that nightmares could be a sign of healing.  I felt much better when I woke up today.  I don't remember any dream or nightmare at all.  I think my body is adjusting to my dose reductions. 

Thanks for sharing your dream stories with us.  Feel free to jot down any new ones you might have here.  ;)

I am glad when I have a dream.  I've noticed I might get one after a cut.  I think benzos mess with your sleep and I see it as a hopeful sign that when I cut I might have a dream. 

Otherwise, I don't dream.

I haven't dreamed anything I can remember in a few days.  At this point I would settler for a nightmare, just to have some kind of a dream. 

I have heard of lucid dreaming and it would be nice to be able to do it but lately in withdraw I have had a hard time relaxing enough to do that. 

I am waiting for a dream to come so I can put it on a post here. 

Sweet dreams to you all!

-SkyZone-

I am glad that last night was not 'lucid' it was scary enough. I only remember the last scene in which my friend's wife gets killed by a mechanical owl, agh the feelings accompanying weren't nice and it took about a hour for them to exhaust away from my brain after waking! I made a 0.125mg cut of V on 1/24 anyway it's still great to be able to sleep. Dd.

I am glad that last night was not 'lucid' it was scary enough. I only remember the last scene in which my friend's wife gets killed by a mechanical owl, agh the feelings accompanying weren't nice and it took about a hour for them to exhaust away from my brain after waking! I made a 0.125mg cut of V on 1/24 anyway it's still great to be able to sleep. Dd.

Thank you for sharing your night mare with us, David.  I find it to be a good thing to jot these things down on a log,.. a dream log.  That is why I started this thread.  Since I posted my last nightmare, I haven't had one ever since.  A Mechanical Owl,.. Your Friends's Wife??  Wow.  That is something.  That must have been hard on you.  At least it was only a dream.  I have a feeling you are going to have good dreams soon and if/when you do, please share your dream stories here.  It is like therapy.  I t really is.

-SkyZone-

I just recently had a dream where my mom brought me to an american idol audition and I just found out I was too old to audition for it and I was all sad.  Then someone stole my backpack and when I asked the people around me about it they looked at me like I was crazy or something.  The auditorium/stadium looked so real.

• 2 weeks later...

Another one of those lost dreams with strange turn.

A friend that used to live next door, came for a visit. (we live in the real boonies) On his way out I said that I would walk him to the bus stop, after this it became a search for the bus stop, we ended up in many places  I got separated from friend and the task was now to get home from this adventure. Boats, bus and aeroplanes figured in my quest. The last place I remember before waking up in a real sweat was being stuck in an elevator!! It took quite a while to shake off the nasty feeling that accompanied the dream.  David

• 1 year later...

When I was poly drugged by force.....I saw one night a dream ...where I was walking out of the church into a green field and over my head in the blue sky there were enourmous bells ringing...

And I felt this beauty of reality and I was dancing in that field.....

i usually forget like 98% of my dreams a few minutes after waking up , this dream has stayed in memory for years ,

I dreamed i had died my body felt like i was moving very fast sideways on a roller coaster in outer space. i reached a platform in outerspace i had to wait in line to wait to be judged . i saw people in front of me being sent off different directions when it was my turn to be judged i was told i would be either be sent off to a planet that was very pleasant if i was good or i would be sent off to a terrible planet if i was a bad person.

this dream was long ago like 2005 2006 my memory wasnt so good then nor it is now this dream has always stayed stuck in my mind

Too many to go into depth.  They linger with me for hours.  Sometimes spoiling the whole day.  I fell mentally raped upon waking and several hours trying to shake the toxic vile from my head.

How many still have dreams almost two years later

I'm starting to wake up in the middle of the night having panic attacks, I'm not able to breathe, and it takes me like an hour to be able to fall back asleep and breathe properly. It's weird, I'll just wake up and it'll feel like I haven't been breathing for the past 5 minutes, and my heart hurts. I almost considered going to the ER this morning. If it happens again, I probably will. Something is fucked up with my chest or heart, and it's not just benzos.

• 1 month later...

I'm starting to wake up in the middle of the night having panic attacks, I'm not able to breathe, and it takes me like an hour to be able to fall back asleep and breathe properly. It's weird, I'll just wake up and it'll feel like I haven't been breathing for the past 5 minutes, and my heart hurts. I almost considered going to the ER this morning. If it happens again, I probably will. Something is fucked up with my chest or heart, and it's not just benzos.

Are you still experiencing this?  I went through the same thing for months and months almost every night.  I would wake up with horibile fast heartbeat almost 200 bpm  I really thought I was going to have cardiac arrest or something I was going to die.  After about a year or so from being off the benzos, I haven;t had that happen in a while.  THANK GOD!!

I had an affair with a Greek taxi driver.

2 nights ago was s horrific,  I was camping with my mum and she told me to take out my brain to let it heal faster over night,  so we did, it came in 2 pieces. So we wrapped it up in 2 seperase towels and put it in the trunk.  The next morning half my brain was eaten by forest animals!! My mum's said it didn't matter my friends also only life with half  brain........

Scary!!,

• 2 weeks later...

I had an affair with a Greek taxi driver.

2 nights ago was s horrific,  I was camping with my mum and she told me to take out my brain to let it heal faster over night,  so we did, it came in 2 pieces. So we wrapped it up in 2 seperase towels and put it in the trunk.  The next morning half my brain was eaten by forest animals!! My mum's said it didn't matter my friends also only life with half  brain........

Scary!!,

My Goodness!  I thought my dreams were bizzare.  They are too though.  I recently had a dream that I was in the afterlife in some sort of hell trying to maintain my eternal life there by some sort of strange way of doing it.. I dont remember the details but I woke up with a panic attack from hell. It really did seen very real.

i stopped dreaming about psych wards and me being forced onto psych cocktails....

but i have to deal with very havy depression in my dreams,,,,

I'm trying to kill myself in my dreams,,,,,,

Damn,,,even in my dreams i can't do that!!! :idiot: :idiot: :idiot:

:smitten:

I had an intrusive thought in my dream. A voice said, "10% of molestations happen in the home". Like I really need to hear that during withdrawal! This is not a good morning.