Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Dog and Puppy Lover's. Post and Share Pics Here!

[Sk...]

• Replies 756
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Sk...]

• [Da...]

• [Ca...]

• [Fl...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[a8...]

Is this a mouthful or what -ball hog!

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c324/SheWolf510/Photobucket%20Desktop%20-%20VICKI-PC/MouthofBalls.jpg

Staffy

http://www.wimp.com/pitpuppy/

Hey Staffy,

Funny puppy but I found it a bit sad that dogs are exercised on a treadmill with no human interaction. What would happen if they fell over while tethered to the thing? I thought it was walking voluntarily at first but then saw the leash.

Caesar Milan thinks it is ok. I'm not a dog expert but he once they learn then they use no leash.

That was the cutest thing ive seen in a while

Carol

[a8...]

http://www.wimp.com/pitpuppy/

Hey Staffy,

Funny puppy but I found it a bit sad that dogs are exercised on a treadmill with no human interaction. What would happen if they fell over while tethered to the thing? I thought it was walking voluntarily at first but then saw the leash.

Hi Xana,  Yes the boy was leashed, but in defence of that, there are many reasons they exercise them on treadies, 2 of mine love the treadmill, Jacka will run on it for 30 minutes and begs for more.  :crazy:  I'll have to tape them on it and upload it. 

One other reason could be rehabilitation, another could be a large pack (which it indeed looked like, because of the number of other dogs roaming around).  Sometimes due to inclement weather (snow) many rescue groups exercise their dogs on treadmills.  Some dogs also have a great deal of anxiety while on a leash (outside) and this method lessens the anxiety.  This clip came from the legendary Eric Bellows who owns Pack Ethic, I am in total awe of him, he is every bit Ceasar's equal, so I have no doubt these dogs are well cared for. 

On the flip side of that, I have seen treadmills used in terrible,  heinous and depraved ways.  But let's not go there as it is too sad!

I actually have a clip of a friends Bulldog who is a big heavy boy doing 30 minutes @ really high speed, when the owner turns the treadmill off, the dog bounds back on and cries and lunges at the controls of the machine.  When he first sent it to me my first thought was 'how cruel', but after seeing it and the dogs' love of it, I changed my mind.

Staffy. 

Staffy x

Thanks for explaining that, Staffy. It puts my mind at rest.  :) Those dogs certainly looked fit and healthy. Maybe someone should tie me to a treadmill.  ;)

I often say, when feeding dogs that I wish someone would just measure my food out and not gave me access to taking more. The funny thing is that we used to have a big Irish Wolfhound Cross who looked like all Wolfhound. He was tall enough to just remove the metal lid of the food bin and would feed himself. He just ate what he wanted and never got too fat! I wonder how many dogs would do that. I think some are more food orientated than others. I never reward with food. My Labradoodle loves a pat or a ball throw much more than food.

Interestingly I was watching a program about training sniffer dogs (to search for drugs). They rewarded with a play eg throwing a ball, rather than food.

I have three dogs here at the moment - minding two. I am quite enjoying them having fun in our huge yard. They just love it. Lying in the paddle pool, swimming in the big pool, bounding around like racehorses, chasing each other and eating fresh grass. I love seeing dogs just BEING dogs.They will sleep well tonight. I hope.

Xana x

[a8...]

Thanks for explaining that, Staffy. It puts my mind at rest.  :) Those dogs certainly looked fit and healthy. Maybe someone should tie me to a treadmill.  ;)

I often say, when feeding dogs that I wish someone would just measure my food out and not gave me access to taking more. The funny thing is that we used to have a big Irish Wolfhound Cross who looked like all Wolfhound. He was tall enough to just remove the metal lid of the food bin and would feed himself. He just ate what he wanted and never got too fat! I wonder how many dogs would do that. I think some are more food orientated than others. I never reward with food. My Labradoodle loves a pat or a ball throw much more than food.

Interestingly I was watching a program about training sniffer dogs (to search for drugs). They rewarded with a play eg throwing a ball, rather than food.

I have three dogs here at the moment - minding two. I am quite enjoying them having fun in our huge yard. They just love it. Lying in the paddle pool, swimming in the big pool, bounding around like racehorses, chasing each other and eating fresh grass. I love seeing dogs just BEING dogs.They will sleep well tonight. I hope.

Xana x

Maybe someone should tie me to a treadmill.  ;)

Oh me too, the shame, the shame, it's pretty sad when your dogs (mine) get their leads and go to the treadmill and sit down next to it and start to whimper.  I've been very slack of late with walking, going from everyday to only 3 times a week, dogs are letting me know - not happy.

I'd love to see some pics of your three atm.  So you have Black Dog, Lil Black Dog and ? (Miniscule black dog)? 

Your place sounds so idyllic Xana - really does. 

So I am off to see Django Unchained - God be with me!

I NEED PICS OF BLACK DOG AND LIL BLACK DOG!

Staffy

How do I post photos here?

SD

Hi Sundowner

If you tag it yourself you will need an opening and closing url like this [nobbc]      [/nobbc]

In the tool bars above the box where you enter your posts, there is one button, on the lower left that gives you a url

Clicking on that button will give you this: [nobbc][/img][/nobbc]

You can then click between those two tags and insert (paste) the url of your image.

Or you can use flicker or photobucket its free. I use photobucket, If you want to set up an account  http://beta.photobucket.com/

You can upload saved photos from your computer to photobucket, you will then get an url to copy and paste into your post, its easy to do.

You can make your account private, but I wouldn’t put any photos there that could identify you

Magrita

Thanks Magrita

Your very welcome SkyZone :thumbsup: I love this dog, tell me if this link works, its hilarious

Yes. The link does work.  That is amazing how they did that!  :D

what an awesome thread!  thanks, i really enjoyed looking at all of the great dog pics!

here's my princess at about one year old:

http://i1337.photobucket.com/albums/o664/zzzeek/jasper/img_1209843873_zps43561a7f.jpg

[a8...]

what an awesome thread!  thanks, i really enjoyed looking at all of the great dog pics!

here's my princess at about one year old:

http://i1337.photobucket.com/albums/o664/zzzeek/jasper/img_1209843873_zps43561a7f.jpg

Beautiful, like a giant teddy saying Hi, come play with me!  Really adorable. 

Staffy

[a8...]

My son's Rescue Girl 'Penny'

Well after years and years of butting heads, last year my eldest son shocked me greatly when he announced that he was adopting and rehabilitating a rescue dog.  Previous to that he said he often felt that the 'fur kids' got more attention than he did.  In anycase, he adopted this poor little girl, who was riddled with mites and sarcoptic mange.  When he collected her from the pound she had kennel cough, as do 83% of dogs in a kennel only environment. 

The first day he had her home, she barely moved, he popped her onto the bed and she stayed there for 3 days straight, only going out to toilet. 

This is her first picture, she was only very tiny and extremely timid.  No manners at all.  He called her 'Pretty Penny' or Penny for short.

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c324/SheWolf510/Photobucket%20Desktop%20-%20VICKI-PC/Penny1stweekhome.jpg

As she gained some strength one of her favourite things to do was to hang out in my son's 'hoodie', she would just love sitting in there watching him play video games and doing work stuff.  Sometimes she would sit there for a couple of hours.

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c324/SheWolf510/Photobucket%20Desktop%20-%20VICKI-PC/PennyinBensHoodie.jpg

By now she was getting too big to fit in but still attempted to crawl up and in whenever he wore a hoodie.

Finally, she is well and a little tank, very spoilt and has her best friend, my son's girlfriends dog,  "Knight" as her constant protector.

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c324/SheWolf510/Photobucket%20Desktop%20-%20VICKI-PC/PennyandKnight.jpg

Actually, I am really proud that B decided to rescue and not buy from a puppy mill or ByB.  As one of my friends pointed out, sometimes the apple really doesn't fall far from the tree!

Staffy x

Thank you for that, Staffy!  Once again, you always seem to be so complex with your stories, I get a video playing in me head from your posts. It is almost like being in a dream or something when it happens or being in two places at once. 

What kind of dog is she Staffy.  She looks a bit like my son's pup?  A great story I agree SZ. 

Zeek, your dog is so cute!  Is that a golden doodle?  Really sweet!

my pup is a red std poodle, name is jasper, got her from a friend in a litter of 13.  she does have a really sweet & unusually calm personality.  i'll post a puppy pic sometime - when she was little, man, just melt your heart.

staffy, i love that picture of penny in the hoodie!  you can just see the love.

Z