Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Dog and Puppy Lover's. Post and Share Pics Here!

[Sk...]

Hi All

I asked BB admin why my youtube video wasn't allowed and I am waiting for an answer. Meanwhile here's Nina shading from the Winter sun

http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b591/Davejc1/DSC01461_zpsc1c47e8c.jpg

• Replies 756
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Sk...]

• [Da...]

• [Ca...]

• [Fl...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[66...]

Staffy, Your story and that photo of the "dog whisperer" and the big dog is so moving to me.  I just love that one photo especially.  It really touches my heart.  Thank you for being the earth angel you are to these  dogs.

Flutterbye

Thank you Flutter, I wish I was an 'earth angel', I am nothing compared to those who devote their lives to saving these dogs, I just do what I can with what I have, which right now isn't much, just taking photos and promoting dogs on sites, that kind of thing.  Shiela is the real deal, a true 'dog whisperer' I can only aspire to ever get to that place.  She is such a remarkable woman and truly connects to the spirit of the dog, to the point where she says she knows what is ailing the dog!  Sounds new age psychobabble I know, but when you have seen it in all it's glory I think the vast majority would 'believe'. 

I am glad the photo can bring a smile to your face, I actually bawled like a big baby seeing that dog place his head in her hand like that - even after all the mistreatment, he handed over to her, he trusted her.

Hope you are well.  Talk Soon xxx

[66...]

Staffy i agree, you really are an angel to these dog. I dont believe dogs are mean just misunderstood and mistreated  :(... Keep your pics coming we truly enjoy them  :)

Moe,

Thanks I wish I was an Earth Angel, that would fantastic.  Sheila's the earth angel, she has devoted over 40 years to 'learning her craft'.  I can only aspire to be half of what she is.  You are so right there are no mean or bad dogs, they are all a product of what they are taught. 

Where things get very tricky is when a dog is tranined to attack in another language, now that's when you need to be a Ceasar Milan, Eric Bellows or Sheila.  Very scary when an owner gives the command in a foreign language as you cannot use your normal 'retreat' methods.  That's a story for another time though.

Love your shots too Moe.

Staffy x

[66...]

I have always had several dogs but now down to 2.  Roxy and Domi sitting on a large round bail of hay in the middle of the hay field

http://i1300.photobucket.com/albums/ag100/Moe1958/0_zps102ec5e2.jpg

Great Pic!  They look so smart and ready to get to business.

They do look 'work ready' what beautiful babes.

:thumbsup:

Hi all............im just loving all your doggie photos and staffys doggie stories.some of them are so sad it just breaks my heart.keep them coming.i look forward to seeing them every day. :)

luv chrissy      xx

Moe

Where in Canada are you? I am in Calgary.

Carol

Hi Carol, I am in Ontario not quite as cold here as Calgary  :)  My husband has family in Calgary

http://i1306.photobucket.com/albums/s572/chrissy123451/Facebook/chrissy%20album/Mobile%20Uploads/778750_363744663724824_953407873_o.jpg

Here is a photo of rusty about a year ago

Aw shucks thanks Xana.  I can't exactly say she takes after my side of the family or can I? ::)  I am getting to be one of those obnoxious women who coo at other peoples babies in grocery stores. :crazy:  I don't get too close no worries..........just cannot resist looking.  I hope I get a grandchild one of these days.........but for now I have two grand kitties and one grand puppy and I love them!

Very cute photo!

I look at babies too. I constantly dream I have one and sometimes I am feeding it. I feel sad when I wake up! And remember how OLD I am! I have two gandchildren but they are now almost 8 and almost 6. It's about time one of my other 3 children had a baby! (None are married yet.) I'll be too decrepit to walk it to sleep - the fibro rears its ugly head fiercely after baby rocking!

I love my daughter's puppy (Little Black Dog) too, even though she is so wilful and naughty. We looked after her for three weeks. She is always so excited to see me. I picked her up yesterday and started off a few sciatica twinges as she is about 14kg now. She is listed as my 'granddaughter' on Facebook. I like your name of 'grandpuppy'. I might get my daughter to change it to that. Then it could be 'granddog'. (Spell check doesn't like that!)

Of course I do have my own big smoochy Labradoodle (Black Dog) who will accept any number of cuddles that I dish out, as well as being a great swimming companion. Active and cuddly! He has a short haircut at the moment, for summer, and looks very slim, trim and terrific.  :)

Babies and puppies. What could be nicer?

[66...]

http://i1306.photobucket.com/albums/s572/chrissy123451/Facebook/chrissy%20album/Mobile%20Uploads/778750_363744663724824_953407873_o.jpg

Here is a photo of rusty about a year ago

]

Rusty looks so delightful Chrissy, looks like butter wouldn't melt in his mouth! :smitten:

[66...]

483670_4306648104035_1017580490_n.jpg  Latest pic of my grandpuppy.

Flutter,

Wow she is growing really fast. I can't believe the difference from the last shot.  Striking facial markings.  Very pretty.  Love the phrase 'Grandpuppy'.  :smitten:

[66...]

Very cute photo!

I look at babies too. I constantly dream I have one and sometimes I am feeding it. I feel sad when I wake up! And remember how OLD I am! I have two gandchildren but they are now almost 8 and almost 6. It's about time one of my other 3 children had a baby! (None are married yet.) I'll be too decrepit to walk it to sleep - the fibro rears its ugly head fiercely after baby rocking!

I love my daughter's puppy (Little Black Dog) too, even though she is so wilful and naughty. We looked after her for three weeks. She is always so excited to see me. I picked her up yesterday and started off a few sciatica twinges as she is about 14kg now. She is listed as my 'granddaughter' on Facebook. I like your name of 'grandpuppy'. I might get my daughter to change it to that. Then it could be 'granddog'. (Spell check doesn't like that!)

Of course I do have my own big smoochy Labradoodle (Black Dog) who will accept any number of cuddles that I dish out, as well as being a great swimming companion. Active and cuddly! He has a short haircut at the moment, for summer, and looks very slim, trim and terrific.  :)

Babies and puppies. What could be nicer?

Xana,

We NEED photos of Black Dog and Little Black dog, I know you have them... :P

I had quite a few on my old blog that I deleted!

I only just started reading  this thread. Love all the photos and stories about your rescue dogs. We have had one rescue dog whose owners were taken to court. Also, strays and rescues from pet shops (which I know perpetuates the awful trade but I just took pity on them.

Loved the story of how you took on Jacka (? -the one with testicular cancer) and the woman who is the dog whisperer. Amazing. Actually I love all your stories.  :)

Here is one of Kiwi with the kitten being a big baby sucking on her nunies.  :laugh:

http://i1301.photobucket.com/albums/ag115/jamessky99/2013-02-03010209_zps301b8a16.jpg

[66...]

Here is one of Kiwi with the kitten being a big baby sucking on her nunies.  :laugh:

http://i1301.photobucket.com/albums/ag115/jamessky99/2013-02-03010209_zps301b8a16.jpg

Awww she is being a substitute mummy.  I love Kiwi she is so adorable and cute and patient! >:D

Staffy

Awww she is being a substitute mummy.  I love Kiwi she is so adorable and cute and patient! >:D    :o  ?!?  What does that mean?  Why is there a demon face?

Staffy

Hi staffy...........yes he does look very cute but he is a little buggar.he is the top dog over our poor shandy.shandy is so happy and wants to play all the time.he follows me every were,and has to be the one to sit on my knee when im on the sofa.now rusty is mr.grumpy.he dosnt want to play,he only wants to sniff things when he goes out.i cant trust him when the children come to visit so he has to go in another room.he is a very nervous dog,frightened of everything.takes after me,poor thing  :laugh:

chrissy xx

[66...]

Awww she is being a substitute mummy.  I love Kiwi she is so adorable and cute and patient! >:D    :o  ?!?  What does that mean?  Why is there a demon face?

Staffy

Demon face - ummm - patient with the kitty, like hmmm underneath I think I might like to rough it up a bit.  I just like the demon face  >:D 

Staffy  >:D