Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Dog and Puppy Lover's. Post and Share Pics Here!

[Sk...]

• Replies 756
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Sk...]

• [Da...]

• [Ca...]

• [Fl...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[b9...]

OMG!!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the photo with the boots. I can really see him as the main character in a Dr Seuss type book as you suggested.

Thanks for sharing all those pics! and the article too.  :)

OMG!!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the photo with the boots. I can really see him as the main character in a Dr Seuss type book as you suggested.

Thanks for sharing all those pics! and the article too.  :)

Thanks for helping me out with it!

I love this thread!! I lost my dog last year to old age and I miss him so much. Dogs are our friends and they have so much love to offer you especially in w/d. Keep the pics coming it is so theraputic.

Hi JJ:  My PWD Hank is 12 and has allergies so he has to wear the Elizabeth collar often.  I found a nice soft sided one, so now he feels like he is sleeping on a pillow instead of having that ugly white plastic cone on his head.  Hank just sticks his head into the soft black cone as he knows he will be getting  a big treat.  So he thinks that his cushy head cone is a good thing.  His allergies are worse this year as we have had so little rain.......that and he is 12 years young.

Overcover  :angel:

[b9...]

This may have been posted before on this thread. Not sure since it's been online for a while.

For any dog lovers out there. This has been watched almost 34 million times on youtube. The dog was also on Good Morning America. It's cute, but tugs at my heart strings and made me teary and smile at the same time b/c she was sent to her room. Nonetheless it's worth watching.  :)

• 2 weeks later...

What happened to all the dog lovers?  My 2 Portuguese Water Dogs are helping me in recovery.  Sometimes I haave the anhedonia towards them but mandala said this will pass.  Just the fact that I know I need to care for my 2 furbabies keeps me going.

Overcomer :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

What happened to all the dog lovers?  My 2 Portuguese Water Dogs are helping me in recovery.  Sometimes I haave the anhedonia towards them but mandala said this will pass.  Just the fact that I know I need to care for my 2 furbabies keeps me going.

Overcomer :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

as soon as i am human again , at the moment i am still a toxic lab rat,

i shall get a dog or may be 2 and they will become the most precious loves

in my new Life. LOL, am i looking forward to the Day. :)

Meg:  I hope you find that day soon!

Overcomer    :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

thank you Overcomer, very kind of you. i envy you, your 2 Portuguese must be

of great joy to you. take care. :smitten:

My PWD's  Portuguest water dogs are normally a joy.  Mandala explained to be about anhedonia. As I am in K w/d I have felt apathy toward my furkids for the 1st time in my life.  Now that she put a word to it, it has helped me feel more love.  That is why we buddies need to stick together.  Almost like a 12 Step Group.  We have to talk to someone who has been thru it.  I hope you get a pup soon!  You could adopt an older dog and then there is less training. 

Overcomer  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Dear O, thanks for pointing this out to me.

you are right, of course, 2 older ones, like homeless dogs .

puppies are loved by everyone, but older dogs need us, thanks. :smitten::thumbsup:

Meg:  Before I got my last 4 yr old PWD, I had a rescue Siberian.  She was 1 yr old when I got her and this was her 4th home.  Poor baby.  She was scared and untrained.  My plan was to train her and find her a forever home.  I was into showing Bloodhounds at the time.  Anyway, my home became her forever home and she lived with us until she was 13 yrs old.  She lived the longest of any dog that ever owned me.  And my Macy, Siberian, certainly did own me.  She has been gone for 5 yrs now, and I miss her tremendously.  She is buried here and when I feel sad I go sit by her grave and talk to her.  She was my heart dog!  Yeppers, rescue dogs will steal your heart!

xo Overcomer  :smitten: :smitten:

Bless you for rescuing Macy, OC. I'm sure she will be in your heart forever.

My dog Sam was found in the middle of a busy street at about 9 mos. old. He was with us for 13 years. He died two or three years ago this month. I can't even remember for sure because it still seems like yesterday.

Under:  the dogs that find us, are always the best.  And I miss my Macy, even though I have 2 other dogs at present.  Kind of difficult caring for them right now.  I am not as good a dog Mom as I should be, I am so busy taking care of myself.  I used to spend a lot of time training my furkids and doing dog sports.  I miss that.  Oh well, this too shall pass and on ward and upward!

Under:  Glad they understand cuz I don't.  I don't even know who I am any more.  I just don't have the energy to play with them as much although i walk them twice a day and play with them for 1/2 hour in the evening.  But it is not the same, and my heart isn't in it. I can hardly wait to get the old me back!

Overcomer. The Old you will come back and you will feel happiness again.

It starts small and infrequently but gradually it is often there.

That is where I am now in my healing. Not done yet but It is tolerable.

Love Carol

Carol:  I tried to send you a PM but for some reason the site didn't recogize Carol (Geddeca).  Anyways I was asking what benzo you were on?  I saw trazadone and zoplidone? not familar with that.  And when did you begin to feel happiness?  Do I have to wait until the end of my taper, I hope not.  It will take months....

xo Overcomer

Hi all,

I got another puppy!  She's an English white Golden Retriever.  Roo, the Doberman is almost five months now.  Pippa, the Golden Retriver is almost ten weeks old.  They are great friends!!! :thumbsup:

http://i1268.photobucket.com/albums/jj561/charlie3912/5ab22d67ba8b1f9fe2841a3d6a9371b9.jpg

Charlie :smitten:

Hi all,

I got another puppy!  She's an English white Golden Retriever.  Roo, the Doberman is almost five months now.  Pippa, the Golden Retriver is almost ten weeks old.  They are great friends!!! :thumbsup:

http://i1268.photobucket.com/albums/jj561/charlie3912/5ab22d67ba8b1f9fe2841a3d6a9371b9.jpg

They are both beautiful!!!  :)

Hi all,

They are both beautiful!!!  :)

Thank you,  Piano Girl!  :)

They are sooo much work, but well worth it!

http://i1268.photobucket.com/albums/jj561/charlie3912/d1a372035c3f05b41bcb894fdbff36cc.jpg