Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Dog and Puppy Lover's. Post and Share Pics Here!

[Sk...]

• Replies 756
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Sk...]

• [Da...]

• [Ca...]

• [Fl...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hi i noticed  you folks here were able to upload photos mm i tried to upload a photo here like 2 days ago  i was discusing mustangs with them i wanted to show him mine :( i put it on a photobucket page it didnt go thru :/

Okay, get the IMG link from photobucket, copy, and just paste it in the reply mode.  Oh, my puppy just walked through my bedroom with a tree branch. ::)

Charlie  :smitten:

Charlie

I think your "little" puppy must be getting pretty big, carrying a branch like it is a bone :)

Carol

Hey Blue!

He would like to love her to pieces so right now I'm keeping up the Sugar-proof baby gate and they only have supervised play still. She weighs about a pound and he weighs about 80 now.  Plus she's recently been spayed and had an umbilical hernia repaired at the same time.  The SPCA does incredible things for their furry clients…if they have health needs, they get treated.

The older kittens are up to 6 pounds or so and they're on their own with him now.  Now that the littler kitten is here, that's the one he wants… right? 

Challis  :smitten:

[7b...]

LOL Challis,

I had to share this picture of Zoey on the dogs bed as well. Same kind of Kirkland bed as your new cat Sugar is on. This was the first day Reilly arrived home, and Zoey decided to claim the bed as hers. Must be a "cat thing".

http://i1296.photobucket.com/albums/ag5/mandaladreaming/Oct29thReillyandZoey002_zps5cc2f778.jpg

[7b...]
AWWW how awesome is that  :) You have a Border Collie? I bet your dog wants to herd the kittens. I knew someone who had a Border Collie who was fixated on their chickens and would try to herd them all the time. Thanks for posting.........so cute!  :thumbsup:

AWWW how awesome is that  :) You have a Border Collie? I bet your dog wants to herd the kittens. I knew someone who had a Border Collie who was fixated on their chickens and would try to herd them all the time. Thanks for posting.........so cute!  :thumbsup:

He's a Landseer Newfoundland.  We think he may be roughly half his adult size now.  Yikes!

[7b...]

He's a Landseer Newfoundland.  We think he may be roughly half his adult size now.  Yikes!

WOW that is going to be one big dog.  ;)

my old cat itchy (theres a weird reason why we named her that) she was born in 1999 or 2000

Edit - personal photo album link removed

~Juliea

my old cat itchy (theres a weird reason why we named her that) she was born in 1999 or 2000

Edit - hyperlinked photo removed that linked to personal photo album

~Juliea

Oh she's lovely! Is she a dilute tortie?

Chinook :hug:

Edit: removed hyperlinked photo in quote

~Juliea

Love this thread.  I am new to this list and am a dog lover.  I was active in dog sports until Aug of 2013 and had to discontinue because of the beginning of sun sensitivity.  Really!!!  I have lost so much weight in the past 6 months (15 lbs) down to 95 lbs,  on a 5'3" frame, that I have to now be very careful around the Portuguese Water Dogs that weight 60 lbs.  Thanks for this thread, as I have been so depressed that I have become disinterested in my dogs, which is breaking my heart.  In the past I have shown my dogs in Conformation, obedience, rally obedience, nosework, water work, and  therapy visits at hospitals.  I hate that my withdrawals are so bad that I can barely wear clothes because of the burning skin.  Thanks for cheering me up by talking about your furbabies! :smitten:

[7b...]

Love this thread.  I am new to this list and am a dog lover.  I was active in dog sports until Aug of 2013 and had to discontinue because of the beginning of sun sensitivity.  Really!!!  I have lost so much weight in the past 6 months (15 lbs) down to 95 lbs,  on a 5'3" frame, that I have to now be very careful around the Portuguese Water Dogs that weight 60 lbs.  Thanks for this thread, as I have been so depressed that I have become disinterested in my dogs, which is breaking my heart.  In the past I have shown my dogs in Conformation, obedience, rally obedience, nosework, water work, and  therapy visits at hospitals.  I hate that my withdrawals are so bad that I can barely wear clothes because of the burning skin.  Thanks for cheering me up by talking about your furbabies! :smitten:

Hi overcomer and welcome to this thread and to BB,

Those feelings and the lack of interest with regard to your dogs will return. I have a chocolate lab who is very active and a very joyful dog. For a very long time, I felt nothing when I would interact with her. The wagging of her tail (which is almost nonstop) would agitate me so much I would have to go into a different room. It's all part of the w/d and recovery and I promise it will get better.

If you have any photos of your dogs you would like to share please feel free. If you need any help posting photos ask away.

Again welcome and hope you feel better soon. mandala  :)

mandala:  Thank you so much for saying that to me.  I am so encouraged to know this.  I have been a dog lover my whole life.  Up until Aug, I was competing in Canine Fun Nose Work with my 4 yr old PWD.  She was going to be my foundation brood bitch as my goal was to be a breeder.  Not a backyard breeder but a knowledgeable breeder who belongs to the parent PWD club and has run all the proper genetic tests on my dogs.  But alas it was not in the plan as my 10 week old puppy got very ill and ran a fever twice at the age of 12-16 weeks, the crucial socialization period.  She then needed oral surgery.  After the surgery she changed from my confident puppy into a dog that was afraid of the world.  Thru this new fun sport, over a matter of a few months I was able to turn my girl around and she is now a happy friendly dog (this is no easy task believe me).  We were so bonded.  Now when she comes up to me I don't even want to look at her.  It is heartbreaking.  My older dog is 12 yrs, so he won't be around much longer but the 4 yr old will live for a long time (hopefully) and I was thinking of rehoming her.  Thank you for telling me that my joy with her will return.  I really needed to hear this.  You have made my day.  Now I can go outside tonight (no sun) and play with her and not feel guilty if I am not enjoying it.  Also I am not techie so have no clue how to post photos!  My little girl is soooo beautiful!  I am not even sure how to navigate around this website or blog.  I just joined on Sunday. I have been reading posts for a few months, unfortunately after I tapered off klonopin incorrectly!  So I am  attempting to reply to messages and see what happens.    ;)

[7b...]

mandala:  Thank you so much for saying that to me.  I am so encouraged to know this.  I have been a dog lover my whole life.  Up until Aug, I was competing in Canine Fun Nose Work with my 4 yr old PWD.  She was going to be my foundation brood bitch as my goal was to be a breeder.  Not a backyard breeder but a knowledgeable breeder who belongs to the parent PWD club and has run all the proper genetic tests on my dogs.  But alas it was not in the plan as my 10 week old puppy got very ill and ran a fever twice at the age of 12-16 weeks, the crucial socialization period.  She then needed oral surgery.  After the surgery she changed from my confident puppy into a dog that was afraid of the world.  Thru this new fun sport, over a matter of a few months I was able to turn my girl around and she is now a happy friendly dog (this is no easy task believe me).  We were so bonded.  Now when she comes up to me I don't even want to look at her.  It is heartbreaking.  My older dog is 12 yrs, so he won't be around much longer but the 4 yr old will live for a long time (hopefully) and I was thinking of rehoming her.  Thank you for telling me that my joy with her will return.  I really needed to hear this.  You have made my day.  Now I can go outside tonight (no sun) and play with her and not feel guilty if I am not enjoying it.  Also I am not techie so have no clue how to post photos!  My little girl is soooo beautiful!  I am not even sure how to navigate around this website or blog.  I just joined on Sunday. I have been reading posts for a few months, unfortunately after I tapered off klonopin incorrectly!  So I am  attempting to reply to messages and see what happens.    ;)

You are welcome. Will send you info re uploading pics on BB. Don't rehome your dog. Try to accept that you can access those feelings for your pets at this time, but that it is temporary. Even if you feel disconnected they will be instrumental in helping you through the tough times.  :)

thanks Chinookwind :) im not sure if shes a dulute tortie i dont think she is i still love her i dont mind if she leaves cat hair all over my clothes if i pet and hold her :)

thanks Chinookwind :) im not sure if shes a dulute tortie i dont think she is i still love her i dont mind if she leaves cat hair all over my clothes if i pet and hold her :)

Here is my "sassy". She is a dilute tortie

http://i1323.photobucket.com/albums/u585/geddeca/8E921DF9-2244-43D9-B771-A4E950FFF7B2-13550-00001EB881350C3C_zps036d6692.jpg

Sorry to take over the dog and puppy thread but I am hoping that the dog lovers are all animal lovers

:)

I could post on the kitty thread too but then babyrex wouldn't see it.

Hey Chinook

Sooo cold again :(

Love Carol

[7b...]

Aw nice Carol. Have always loved that peachy color in torties :)

I don't think I have ever seen a cat in the "frog pose". My dog does that. Thanks for posting  :smitten:

[7b...]

Hi All,

My mom sent me an email today with some great dog pics. I chose three of my favourites. I think they are from the internet, but in any case I thought they were priceless, and they sure made me smile. Hope you like them.

http://i1296.photobucket.com/albums/ag5/mandaladreaming/dogliplift_zpsbfffc895.jpg

http://i1296.photobucket.com/albums/ag5/mandaladreaming/dogbunny_zpsfe12d0fa.jpg

http://i1296.photobucket.com/albums/ag5/mandaladreaming/dogheartrate_zpsbab20d2d.jpg