Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Dog and Puppy Lover's. Post and Share Pics Here!

[Sk...]

• Replies 756
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Sk...]

• [Da...]

• [Ca...]

• [Fl...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi

Here's Nina, this was taken a couple of days ago during a walk in the woods, she smelt out a deer and chased it right across my path. Sometime ago, she spotted a monkey and that sure flew up a tree quickly.  Just recently we have discovered bear poo, I hope we don't run into the owner.

http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b591/Davejc1/IMG_0262_zps6c1e2f08.jpg

Hey Sky

Kiwi is looking good.

How is her health lately?

Love Carol

Hi carol,

Kiwi seems to be in top shape as of late.  No worries.

-SZ-

Hi

Here's Nina, this was taken a couple of days ago during a walk in the woods, she smelt out a deer and chased it right across my path. Sometime ago, she spotted a monkey and that sure flew up a tree quickly.  Just recently we have discovered bear poo, I hope we don't run into the owner.

http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b591/Davejc1/IMG_0262_zps6c1e2f08.jpg

Hi David,

Have you ever considered carrying a form of "bear spray" to deter a bear?  As I understand it, it is like a pepper spray that has a range of many, many yards in the direction it is sprayed.  Since dogs and bears are very much natural enemies, I think i might carry some if I were with a dog in an area that I knew had bears.  Well, even without a dog along, I have read it is a very good thing to carry in a case like thata.

How is Nina's bump on her side?  I wish you both well!

Love,

:smitten:

Lily

Hi Lilyagain

Many thanks, I will look into getting bear spay, I live in Japan and might be difficult to find here, may have to order from abroad.

Nina's lump seems to come and go, the vet has halved her medicine this time, and I have another week's supply to give her, hopefully whatever it was (is) will clear up.

Right now, beautiful autumn here, Nina is waiting at my feet for her afternoon walk. I just came back from a great motorcycle ride, now Nina wants attention. Border collies can be hard work some time.

Thanks

David

Arrrrr Lovely photos David,she is a beautiful dog.My daughter used to have one when she lived on a farm with lots of sheep.We used to go and stay at lambing time.You take great photos,you must have a good camera.I love all the dogs on here........................Enjoy your day.

luv chrissy  :)

Hi Lilyagain

Many thanks, I will look into getting bear spay, I live in Japan and might be difficult to find here, may have to order from abroad.

Nina's lump seems to come and go, the vet has halved her medicine this time, and I have another week's supply to give her, hopefully whatever it was (is) will clear up.

Right now, beautiful autumn here, Nina is waiting at my feet for her afternoon walk. I just came back from a great motorcycle ride, now Nina wants attention. Border collies can be hard work some time.

Thanks

David

Yes David,

Border collies can be very hard work - but it is good work if you can find it!  Enjoy your always beautiful looking dog.  I love all of these last photos you have posted.  They sure make me want to pet her though.  She is gorgeous and so happy looking.

You might also want to look online to see what other things can help when meeting a bear on a path.  There are different ways to act and respond, for some you play dead but others you fight back should a bear decide to attack.  (I was reading about different bears than they have in Japan.)  It depends on what kind of bear it is as to what you do from what I have read.  I plan on moving to an area where bears live and wanted to know more about how they are different and what to do even though they usually don't bother people.  Hope you find some good information and the bear spray. 

Let us know about the lump.  I hope it goes and doesn't come back! 

Hope those fall walks continue to be so nice!

Lily

Spending my insomniac hours looking at all of the beautiful dog pics and stories. I have always rescued cats and now my dog. When my first dog passed she left a huge space in my heart that I could not fill until I found my Sparty. He was abandoned to a shelter and had kennel cough by the time that I got him. He just looked at me with his beautiful collie eyes, never barked like the other dogs.

It has been quite a struggle for us both. My health is not always good and he needs a lot but 3 years together and we have both grown so much. I really want to learn how to speak with light for them, many do this practice around here and my dog has clearly suffered in some way before I got him. He is named after our local college (MSU) mascot btw- he came with the name and it was fitting for our family.

My dog and kitties are the only other light of my life besides my daughter.

I always have a kitty on my lap btw, she thinks computer time is her time.

I will try to figure out how to post the pictures when not so tired.

Thanks everyone for sharing :thumbsup:

Ok, trying this thanks to David's instructions:

http://i871.photobucket.com/albums/ab271/julierr70/DSCN2559_zpsf940d774.jpg

Hmmm except I did not copy it? It just links you to my page which is ok since I just have my dog on there I think?

BTW- have fun guessing his mutt mix- we were told originally just boxer/smooth collie but he seems to have some shepherd or husky, maybe more. I love mutts. My first dog was a border collie shepherd mix. I will try to dig up her pics one of these days  :smitten:

Hi Butterfly,

If you place that link inside the "Insert Image" brackets, which are , it will post the photo!  You can put the brackets on your post by hitting the "Insert Image" button that is above the very first smiley above the post box.  I think the button has a little photo on it - I can't really see it well enough to know!  lol  If you want to look at how this post did it, just look at it by hitting the "quote" button above it and you will see where how the brackets work.  Is that as clear as mud?  Hope is makes sense!  : )

Now!  On to the important stuff!  Your dog is wonderful!  I bet she is a lot of fun! 

I hope you will post your border collie shepherd mix.  My last dog was one and he was awesome!

Love,

Lily

Thanks Lily!

I will try to find more that are buried on hold hard drive later this week. So the tan one above is my boy Sparty. I rescued him when he was 1. He is  now 4 and a total nut, that pic was taken last fall but that is the exact tree he lies in this time of year when the sun shines. he is a sun bather and we are short on sun here in the past week  :-\

I am currently staying away from him since he rolled in crap for about the 10th time in the past week and I can live with the smell this time if he stays on his own bed :thumbsup:

Wish I could figure out who's poo he likes rolling in so much and have the critter trapped! A lot of wildlife around here so anything is possible. He is a little bored since garden season is ending and I have less for him to "check" I just pretend I still do but he seems to know the difference and ignores me.

He shares me with 2 rescue kitties too!

Hi Butterfly,

That would be fun to see more photos of Sparty when you come across them. 

Our border collie used to roll, too.  Ugh!  Best wishes for a good solution!

You have two rescue kitties!  My husband and I just adopted two from a local shelter.  If you would like to see them they are here in my blog:  http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=24064.msg1172978#msg1172978

There is also a kitty photo thread if you would like to post your kitties' photos on it!  It is always fun to see each others furry family!  Here is the latest page on the kitty thread:  http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=59458.msg1175203#msg1175203

Love,

Lily

Hi Butterfly,

If you place that link inside the "Insert Image" brackets, which are , it will post the photo!  You can put the brackets on your post by hitting the "Insert Image" button that is above the very first smiley above the post box.  I think the button has a little photo on it - I can't really see it well enough to know!  lol  If you want to look at how this post did it, just look at it by hitting the "quote" button above it and you will see where how the brackets work.  Is that as clear as mud?  Hope is makes sense!  : )

Now!  On to the important stuff!  Your dog is wonderful!  I bet she is a lot of fun! 

I hope you will post your border collie shepherd mix.  My last dog was one and he was awesome!

Love,

Lily

Hi Lily,

She is beautiful.  :smitten:

-SZ-

Hi Butterfly,

Love,

Lily

Hi Lily,

She is beautiful.  :smitten:

-SZ-

Lol- that is my dog, Lily reposted for me since I did not do the insert right. He is my beloved nut, playing games with his bone last few days while it is cold out.

Hi Butterfly,

That would be fun to see more photos of Sparty when you come across them. 

Our border collie used to roll, too.  Ugh!  Best wishes for a good solution!

You have two rescue kitties!  My husband and I just adopted two from a local shelter.  If you would like to see them they are here in my blog:  http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=24064.msg1172978#msg1172978

There is also a kitty photo thread if you would like to post your kitties' photos on it!  It is always fun to see each others furry family!  Here is the latest page on the kitty thread:  http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=59458.msg1175203#msg1175203

Love,

Lily

I looked for the kitty thread and did not see it, thanks! Have to get on with my day here so will try to look for pics tomorrow- going to go peek at your kitties. These furballs help so much as you all know- keep me going without the demands of a child- usually  :laugh:

Sparty's bed prob smells horrid after last few days of rolling and me too tired to keep bathing him- resorting to spot bathing or his skin gets too dry even with good soap!

Butterfly, what a beautiful boy! He and my girl share a love of rolling in icky stuff. She grew up in the country and we hiked every day. I would spy her with her feet in the air rolling with great pleasure. Those walks ended with a bath...we even plumbed a hot outdoor washing station. We've since moved to the city and rolling opportunities don't present themselves. I'm sure she misses it! I'd post a photo but can't figure out how to do so...a bit compromised these days.

Enjoy the fall and your lovely dog.

Carita

Love to sweet Nina too.