Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Dog and Puppy Lover's. Post and Share Pics Here!

[Sk...]

Dd & Margarita,

thanks for the reply. I do have a photo bucket account, Dd but my computers are messed up right now. I have all my photo on my old desktop & still need to download to an external hard drive in order to transfer the data to my new desktop. I tried to do it wireless but the older desktop would not respond. Sometimes my brain doesn't co-operate for those more intricate tasks & my patience level with the online contract group I employ is very short.

I feeling better now. Expect that I will be able to get it together in a few days.

I will try to start a pet/animal thread with my birds. I don't want to be morose but I would like to include the RIP animals in my post as they were very important to me. I miss them all :'( :'(--I've had many!

Right now, I have a nearly 16 yr old off-white, neutered, male poodle male. He is almost completely deaf and blind, but still able to walk with my new, just 1 yr old champion dam & sire, black miniature poodle female. She is joy and has developed into a great companion. I trained lots of dogs over the years. She has responded well me even in spite of my somewhat inconsistent moods over the last several months. She lays quietly on or by my feet when I am resting but loves to jump and play ball.

If you read any of my post, you might has seen I lost my beautiful, young 15 yr old African Gray female parrot in Jan. I miss her terribly sometimes as I hand fed her and raised her from a chick. She was a prolific talker. I miss her dialogue.

My 2 smaller Senegal, non-bonded, male & female parrots do not talk. They are beautiful whistler and do make some very melodious sounds.

Enough on the animals. This thread is for pictures.

• Replies 756
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Sk...]

• [Da...]

• [Ca...]

• [Fl...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I will try to start a pet/animal thread with my birds. I don't want to be morose but I would like to include the RIP animals in my post as they were very important to me. I miss them all :'( :'(--I've had many!

Hi 2zazapam65

Its so sad to hear about the loss of your pets and your beloved parrot, it must have been heart-breaking for you. Yes you should include them in your new thread, they were part of your life, and you will miss them

My Tess (Labrador) was such a comfort for me going through benzo withdrawal, she put up with my mood swings too.

I am glad your feeling better, and look forward to seeing your pets

Magrita :smitten:

thanks Magrita,

Posting the pics it high on my "to do" list.

GEMMA is my young dog's call name. I'd give you her registered name except that it is unique & could be used to identify me. Not that I have anything to hide. just think it might be inappropriate.

But part of it is except for the breeder & my kennel names Is: "NO REGRETS"

My old guy is a rescue. His name is BoBo. I suspect from his original behavior, not so much so now, that the 1st owners that just dropped him at the humane society though the was quite a clown.

Birds are "ICHY", short for Ichabod Crain, also he is very messy. The hen is "Sweat Pea". She is more hand tame then the cock now.

Ok enough said on the pet patrol.

yes it is good to feel better after so long. thanks. hope it continues. I want to have some joy before I cease to exist. :thumbsup:

[b2...]

here's a pic of my Jasper when she was just a pup (about 7 weeks old I think).  she was such a sweetheart from the start.

http://i1337.photobucket.com/albums/o664/zzzeek/jasper/img_12053920_zps196ecd30.jpg

Z

Oh!  What a sweetheart, indeed! 

Thanks for sharing her photo with us, Zeek!

Lily

OOO how cute I just want to give her a big cuddle

Me too 2zaz. Lots of exotic birds in Oz especially on Lord Howe Island.

always liked the many varied bird species that visited my backyard when I lived in NSW. kept lots of budgie varieties in outside aviary. miss that. weather here not conducive to outdoor aviary year round.

dogs are better take along companions. you can have more of a higher level interaction with them. birds are fascinating to be around but not as easy to 'mingle' in their world.

working on the pics. mind is gone again right now. :sick::P::):tickedoff: hopefully only briefly.

Zeek,

you're dog is a good looker. is she a golden?

What a lovely photo david.thanks for all the lovely photos you put on, I really enjoy looking at them.

Luv chrissy xx

Gosh, Staff that's amazing that your dog is short listed, :thumbsup: & lots of competition for sure, so many dogs in this city of 5 million people.

The best of luck,

Ara.

David, Nina is so cute. 8) :so cool:

Ara.

Thanks Ara,

Guess what?  We won.  Fat Flea will be featured at the wall facing Bondi Beach, the mural goes up in the next 2 weeks.  What a great lift it has given my husband and I after a very challenging 18 months.  Thankful for small mercies and lets me believe  that life is there waiting for me. 

So excited for a rescue dog to be the face of Bondi.

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c324/SheWolf510/Photobucket%20Desktop%20-%20VICKI-PC/Winners.png

The Winners in order. 

Gratitude, thank you universe.

Staffy

Your dog has a great smile. I must be feeling off today because your dog's smile seriously made me cry.

Hi Everyone,

Just a quick stopover to say hello and give some POSITIVE news.  I entered a competition here in Australia to have a portrait of your dog 'immortalised' on a wall at Bondi Beach.  Bondi Beach is the hip, funky and fashionable place in Sydney.  My little old girl 'Fat Flea' has been shortlisted in the final 12.  When I logged on this morning, I was so surprised and happy, I shocked myself that I could feel 'happy' again for just a short while.  Gratitude.

It would be such a lovely thing if we won, but there is some very stiff competition. 

Here are the 12 finalists

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c324/SheWolf510/Photobucket%20Desktop%20-%20VICKI-PC/BondiCompetition.jpg

All very special, but the little old gal in the bottom left hand corner just has that something special!    :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Some happy, good news!

Staffy

I also love the dog top left. Seriously smiling his head off.

Hi Everyone,

Just a quick stopover to say hello and give some POSITIVE news.  I entered a competition here in Australia to have a portrait of your dog 'immortalised' on a wall at Bondi Beach.  Bondi Beach is the hip, funky and fashionable place in Sydney.  My little old girl 'Fat Flea' has been shortlisted in the final 12.  When I logged on this morning, I was so surprised and happy, I shocked myself that I could feel 'happy' again for just a short while.  Gratitude.

It would be such a lovely thing if we won, but there is some very stiff competition. 

Here are the 12 finalists

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c324/SheWolf510/Photobucket%20Desktop%20-%20VICKI-PC/BondiCompetition.jpg

All very special, but the little old gal in the bottom left hand corner just has that something special!    :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Some happy, good news!

Staffy

I also love the dog top left. Seriously smiling his head off.

that's great Staffy,

haven't been on/at Bondi since the '80s.

remember it well though like yesterday.

what a special tribute to the staffy breed :smitten: :smitten: & you! :thumbsup:

I'm new to the site and still learning how to post and communicate...while trying to figure it out I saw this post! I'm a dog trainer and this is one of my only joys in life right now, sing this dog lovers post just brightened my day :smitten: can't wait to join the conversation outation and post pix once I  figure out how, lol. Any advise is welcomed

Lowlana - Here is a link to tell you how to post photos!  There are a couple of explanations so I hope one will help you!  http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=69369.msg924382#msg924382  If this doesn't help enough, please keep asking questions about how to do it!  I can't wait to see your dogs!

David ~ Another great photo of Nina!  Thanks for posting it for us!

:thumbsup:

Lily

Hi

Yesterday, whilst petting Nina I noticed she had a small roundish growth just above where the front right leg meets her trunk. We took her to the Vet this morning for an examinations, the vet said it probably was a fatty growth and maybe nothing to worry about but to come back in a couple of months, if it gets bigger he will do a biopsy. I just wonder is this type of growth common in dogs? With all the other dogs I have owned I have never had such a problem. Nina is very well, she eats and plays well (when it cools down) Would love to hear any comments. I am so emotional tied to Nina I would hate anything bad to happen to her.  Cheers  DavidC

Harley has a noticeable fatty lump/ growth on his side, has had for a few years, also had a warty thing on his neck which was removed & was  benign. We decided to leave the fatty soft lump there and hasn't progressed . Obviously biopsy for Nina would be the decider but costs a lot of & stress for the dog...

Cheers J.

Thanks J. I will wait until autumn and take her again, if the lump is bigger, maybe a biopsy is in order. Great that Harley is doing fine.

Dd.