Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Dog and Puppy Lover's. Post and Share Pics Here!

[Sk...]

Hi

Thank you all for your comments.  I passed them onto NIna. Carol I didn't take the pictures, so don't know what settings/exposure were used.

Here she is again, looking quite determined.

http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b591/Davejc1/IMG_0043-1_zps0baa24a2.jpg

• Replies 756
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Sk...]

• [Da...]

• [Ca...]

• [Fl...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Carol, I am not very savvy in digital photography but I think some of the principals are the same.  I think if you want to freeze action shots like Nina's great shots you need a fast shutter speed.  Outside light like these work great also. Some cameras allow you to choose the shutter speed and then automatically adjusts the aperture accordingly.  Some have manual over rides in which case you need to pick both depending on what you want to do.  Anyway hope that makes sense: stop action=fast shutter speed.

Flutterbye

yes I guess that with quick aperture setting you need lots of light.

With film you could use the higher asa but I don't understand it with digital.

Thanks Flutter. Those are amazing photos that David's neighbour takes.

Carol

http://i1284.photobucket.com/albums/a576/arafurapearl/IMG_3455_zps9b93f9e6.jpg

Harlequin running in the park today, still energetic though turning 8 in May this year.

Pretty dog!  Is it a Dalmatian or from the name a great Dane?  Very pretty markings.  I had a Dalmatian many years ago and I still miss her.

Harlequin is so pretty!  She looks like she was really enjoying herself! 

And her avatar photo is so cute!  Thank you for sharing these with us!

Lily

Glad you liked Harley (for short) or Harlequin Lily & Flutterbye, he's a dalmation, & loves running especially on grass.

Wow!  What a great shot, David! 

Hi to all!  What wonderful pics since the last time I checked in on the thread.

-SZ-

Glad you liked Harley (for short) or Harlequin Lily & Flutterbye, he's a dalmation, & loves running especially on grass.

Harley sure looks like he really enjoys running!  And he looks fast!  So fun!  Did you know that one nickname for Dalmations is Plum Pudding dog?  I read that not too long ago and thought it was sweet!  We had lots of English Plum Pudding in my childhood home and I remember it fondly!  So Harley will be a Plum Pudding dog to me!  : )

Lily

Lily,

I love Plum Pudding Dogs.  I had one when I was a young girl.

Yum on the plum pudding.  Was it for holidays?

FB

Yes, Flutterbye,

We had Plum Pudding every Christmas... with wonderfully creamy rum sauce!  : )

Lily

Oh! It occurred to me that I should tell you we called our Plum Pudding "Money Pudding".  My mother used to boil the old solid silver dimes, quarters, and half dollars in water after cleaning them well with a brush.  Once disinfected properly, the clean coins were inserted into the children's pudding bowls!  One had to be careful eating the pudding not to choke or bite down hard on a coin!  Apparently that was a British tradition, too.  : ) 

Now... back to the dogs!  http://i1188.photobucket.com/albums/z414/Lilyagain/Smileys%20from%20Annie/dog.gif

Thanks everyone.  I have no grandchildren so my grand kitties and grand puppy are it.  Maybe some day.............

This puppie's ears crack me up the way they flop inward. :smitten:

Plum pudding dog have not heard that one!I have grand kids flutter bye but rarely see them.All dog photos wonderful.

Hi there pearl.  Glad for you on the grandkids.  It must be hard not to see them often.  My daughter lives on the opposite coast and that is not easy. 

Still lovng your dalmation/plum pudding dog.  I will always have a special place in my heart for dalmations as I miss my dog so much.