Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Buddies I Make On BenzoBuddies Are Real Buddies Indeed!

[Sk...]

I have made so many friends on this forum.  I feel like we actually know each other.  I wish my friends in real life ( Not CyberSpace ) were like my BenzoBuddies!  I figured I would set up this thread to focus on how dear to our hearts some buddies on this forum are to us! 

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know what I would do without the encouragement, support, and prayers from my BenzoBuddies.  It means a lot to hear from those that are going through similar struggles and can understand what I am going through.  I deeply appreciate the prayers from the precious people here that are willing to pray for others in the midst of their own suffering.  PM's are extra special and really uplift my spirit when I see I have 'mail' and someone has thought enough about me to send me a personal note.  It really is amazing how we all get to know each other in 'spirit' here and form caring relationships.  I just wish that someday when we are all healed and healthy again we could have a big party...I guess it will have to be a 'cyber' party! 

Blessings to you all,  :angel:

perfect daughter

P.S. Thank you Sky for caring for us all so much and being such a positive and uplifting influence on this forum!

I don't feel like I make any real friends on BB or on-line in general.  I don't in real life either, but that's beside the point. 

Once I told my sister (only person I can communicate with on-line and not worry about being misunderstood) that the Tom Hanks character in "Castaway" had more of a social life when he was stranded on an island, than I do.  I would have loved his situation, not gone crazy and fell in love with a soccer ball like he did.

BB has been good for taper help but I had to relearn the lesson not to put too much faith or trust in people I meet on-line and don't really know to begin with.  How quickly they can turn on you.  How well do you really know them?

Don't worry, I'm leaving soon.

I don't feel like I make any real friends on BB or on-line in general.  I don't in real life either, but that's beside the point. 

Once I told my sister (only person I can communicate with on-line and not worry about being misunderstood) that the Tom Hanks character in "Castaway" had more of a social life when he was stranded on an island, than I do.  I would have loved his situation, not gone crazy and fell in love with a soccer ball like he did.

BB has been good for taper help but I had to relearn the lesson not to put too much faith or trust in people I meet on-line and don't really know to begin with.  How quickly they can turn on you.  How well do you really know them?

Call me cynical but I don't think this is a bad perspective. It's great if the support here has helped you but you need to be careful about how much of yourself you give away. I think a happy medium should be struck.

Btw, I don't think Tom Hanks was in love with the soccer ball. I think they were just good friends. ::)

I know one thing for sure... I don't know what I would do without my benzo buddies.  I don't know if I would have the strength to go through withdraw without them. 

Thank You PD.  You are very dear to my heart.

Hope:

Thank You too.  I know to be careful as well to not go out meeting everyone in public or anything.  I understand your point as well.

Call me cynical but I don't think this is a bad perspective. It's great if the support here has helped you but you need to be careful about how much of yourself you give away. I think a happy medium should be struck.

Btw, I don't think Tom Hanks was in love with the soccer ball. I think they were just good friends. ::)

I do feel a connection of some sort,.. Spiritual in nature or something of the sort from some of my benzo buddies that some of us might not feel or understand.  It is a good idea to be careful as to how much of yourself you do give away for sure but I believe I have found that fine line.

I agree...I think we can have meaningful connections with people that we share common interests and beliefs with, but we must also be cautious and not "give too much of ourselves away".  We shouldn't put too much faith and trust in people that we only know in 'cyber space'. 

perfect daughter

I agree...I think we can have meaningful connections with people that we share common interests and beliefs with, but we must also be cautious and not "give too much of ourselves away".  We shouldn't put too much faith and trust in people that we only know in 'cyber space'. 

perfect daughter

Ether way, I know I  feel a connection to a few members that I know is a deep rooted connection with emotion and feeling.  I suppose only some here feel that connection to those they can not see in person and must have faith to feel those feelings.  I know that is what it is.  It is a gift. 

Ether way, I know I  feel a connection to a few members that I know is a deep rooted connection with emotion and feeling.  I suppose only some here feel that connection to those they can not see in person and must have faith to feel those feelings.  I know that is what it is.  It is a gift.

Very well put Sky.

perfect daughter

Haha:)

Haha:)

Thank you Carol.  ;D I cracked myself up. ::)

Sky

I have been here over a year now and many buddies have come and gone.

At first I didnt understand how quickly things can change here but after a little bewilderment and time I came to find a balance her also.

I have a few very close buddies that i feel a connection to. I dont believe that they will disappear on me and I wouldnt disappear on them.

it is quite disconcerting when that happens.

They very real connection that we all share here (suffering) is of course the glue that binds us.

This has been my life line through the very deepest hell that I have known.

Glad to get to know you Sky.

You have a big heart.

Love Carol

Thank You Carol.  I do understand where you are coming from.  I know for sure I have a hand full of buddies on here that I have bonded with.  I can't deny that connection.  It would hurt for any of them to just leave without a word.  I also feel close to everyone I meet on her and get a chance to communicate with.  I like this forum so much. 

I suppose I have come to the conclusion that yes,.. there has to be a line drawn for how close you get to the buddies on here or are able to get to them, but at the same time there is a spiritual connection I share with a few buddies that I can  not describe in words here how precious and special that really is.  It is kind of a paradox, i suppose.

Good day!  ;)

-SZ-